Hampton Inn Reviews | Glassdoor

Hampton Inn Reviews

Updated September 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I live meeting new people and my job let's me do this (in 39 reviews)

• Meeting new people everyday and the co-workers were great as well (in 29 reviews)

1. "front desk"

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time

Pros

It was very very good

Cons

there are no cons to talk about

Advice to Management

nothing

2. "Good job"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Varied shifts available. Meet people.

Cons

Limited management opportunities available for current employees who want to advance

Advice to Management

Consistency with all employees is important...do not show favoritism. Do not socialize with employees. Always attempt to promote from within.

3. "front desk clerk"

Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's pretty easy work for being $10 an hour.

Cons

Guests can demand irrational things.

4. "My Review"

I worked at Hampton Inn (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast and discounted rooms

Cons

Slow business in the winter, no insurance offered

5. "Horrible place of employment. The worst prejudice experience ever. Marion, AR 72364"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Marion, AR
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Marion, AR

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pros working for Hampton Inn Marion, AR. The waffles where the only pro. The Hilton rewards points where a plus

Cons

Completely prejudice and a ridiculous environment. Management showed blatant favoritism towards certain employees. Also doesn't pay employees fairly. Pay is based on racist and favoritism.

Advice to Management

New Management

6. "Managment and guests are the "make or break" kind of situtaion,"

Current Employee - Front Desk
    Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HUGE discount when booking at a Hilton facility; raging from $35-$80 per night instead of the normal $99-$200+, but every property varies. You can accumulate "sick days" and if you don't use any sick days (or whatever that is left) by the end of the year you get a bonus from it. If you are working on a Holiday, you are paid overtime/bonus (4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years). Where I work, when the Front Desk staff has a meeting the General Manager provides lunch for us, which is not mandatory but it is a very nice gesture (old general manager did not do this). I work part time, but during the summer, they have me working full time, which isn't a bother. Though they do work their schedule to accommodate around my college schedule.

Cons

Hampton Inn facilities have these "If you aren't 100% satisfied you don't have to pay" so keeping that in mind, we have MULTIPLE guest trying very hard to find any reason to complain (or even lie) and not pay. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly moments with guests. It can be very stressful trying to please them in every way when sometimes they are just being mean because they can (or they don't want to pay). Third party bookings are always a mess, but guests look at the front desk as if it is our fault. Check in time is at 3pm, but lately housekeeping don't get done with rooms until 5pm... can get very stressful with unhappy guests. It's guest's words against ours, so General Manager has to bend to them while GM gets frustrated with us or sometimes blames us. Schedule can be odd or hectic when you have one front desk clerk having to deal with 60+ incoming guests and 30+ in house guests.

7. "Night Audit- Not Housekeeper/Breakfast Prep"

Former Employee - Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent in Columbia, IL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent in Columbia, IL

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I was able to work nights along with having a full time day job.
    -Mostly the nights were slow and it gave time for me to work on things for my own personal needs

Cons

-Was hired with the promise of an increase in pay after a 90 trial period. This was on my contract but overlooked by the new management that stepped in.
    -New management didn't have that personal touch with employees.
    -I legally got overtime for various paychecks, but when looking at paystubs, those hours were cut and I was never given compensation for them.

Advice to Management

Not advice to management, but to the mother company that overlooks the books.
    -Treat your employees like people, not numbers. If a manager has given a specific promise for anything, you need to honor that.
    -Don't allow people who have no management skills to be the back office manager for an entire hotel.
    -Turnover rate would decrease if competitive pay was offered.

8. "Bad Management"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do like meeting new people and the co-workers. The shuttle driving is also nice. Definitely a promising place to work. Just needs new management.

Cons

Management has no idea how to run the hotel. 12 hour shifts and still no one to work. Having to pull 17 hour shifts to make the hotel run. I don't recommend this hotel. The brand is nice just not this one.

Advice to Management

Remember what employees tell you and please hire more people. There is a reason the turnover is so high.

9. "Treated with discrimination"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Ocala, FL

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the coworkers and the environment

Cons

Poor training system. Manager didn't train me. And I got fired after my 2nd week which was my first week of actually training at the front desk without a warning and a talk. She just flat out fired me. I was very upset and disappointed with the outcome and how the manager handled the issue.

Advice to Management

YOU TRAIN YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES AND DONT FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY UNLESS IT INVOLVES DOMESTIC VIOLENTS OR STEELING. GIVE THEM A WARNING AND A SECOND CHANCE AND DONT FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY!

10. "Great company! Wonderful people."

Pros

Their training is very effective and efficient. The Hilton travel program is absolutely wonderful! The management company (buffalo lodging) is outstanding!

Cons

I'm currently doing a Sales Manger position, at a Sales Coordinator pay.. I also don't think they're harsh enough on certain employees. There's also not an incentive for coordinators.

Advice to Management

Have more incentives for all sales employees.. especially when they're booking 80% of your group blocks