KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

Engaged Employer

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

Add a Review

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Employee Reviews about "benefit"

Updated Sep 29, 2022

Found 13 of over 1,654 reviews

3.3
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa CEO John Teza (no image)
John Teza

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "benefit"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work!

Apr 2, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our spa is a great place to work. Lots of support from owners and fellow therapists. Good morale. We work together as a team and we all benefit.

Cons

Sometimes we are a bit slow in the early morning hours but it all evens out by the end of the day. Would like health insurance benefits and I think the owners are working on that. We do have accident insurance and short term disability insurance available to us.

2. 3.0

Esthetician

Jan 18, 2018 - Esthetician in Lake Mary, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great marketing and continuous walk in traffic. Easy to build a clientele.

Cons

Below Fair pay, they take your commission if you don't convert customers into members. No paid time off, hard to get a day off at all. No health insurance or any benefit package.

4 people found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you have been an esthetician with Hand and Stone for so long! Perhaps it may be productive to speak with the manager or owners regarding your compensation and the benefits you are seeking, they may have some thoughts that may address some of your concerns.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

If you are looking for POT this industry is not for you.

Oct 20, 2017 - Massage Therapist in Toms River, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Busy, Manager at our Toms River location was really nice.

Cons

ZERO benefits - They claim getting a free massage for your birthday is a 'benefit' No sick days holidays vacation days…you only get paid when you work.

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you have not had a great experience in that particular location, please know that each franchise is individually owned, there may be an alternate location that may be better suited for you with different benefit packages, should you decide to work for Hand and Stone at another time

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for out of school estheticians

Nov 5, 2019 - Esthetician in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You don’t have to deal with booking clients

Cons

There is no employee benefit or any raise after years of experience and hard working

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! I can understand how being appreciated is important to you. Perhaps consider having a conversation with your spa manager or owners regarding your concerns, it may shed some awareness that may affect your whole team in a positive way.

5. 5.0

Excellent Owners - Fun and fast paced environment

Sep 17, 2018 - Manager in Short Pump, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible scheduling allows (even within a full time salary position) for life to happen outside of work. - Our owners really have given us an opportunity to be a part of the business and it's growth - not just follow the orders and perform tasks. - Great team members at our location - almost always happy to be together at work and a true feeling of appreciation and accomplishment day after day - Competitive pay and benefit options/growth opportunities

Cons

- No complaints other than normal management job difficulties that could be found in any business.

1 person found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear that you are really enjoying the company culture and a healthy work environment. I'm sure you're leading a great team as well!

6. 5.0

Be on a Team, Develop Skills, Build a Business

Apr 7, 2017 - Owner
    Business Outlook

Pros

All spa associates and therapists need to work as a team with management to be successful. All will benefit together from a client service focus, positive attitudes and professional behavior. Communicate your issues with respect and you'll get reasonable answers. The pay schedule and paths to success are published for all to see from Day 1. Therapists must take responsibility for building their businesses from the stream of prospects provided. This requires skill, a positive attitude, professionalism, and devotion to clients. Spa Associates must enjoy clients and present them with the membership program. Yes, you are expected to do this successfully or the spa won't grow! Owners and managers are expected to keep the flow of clients coming in and to operate the business ethically and successfully so jobs are secure and income is reliable. They should learn the necessary general info about massage and esthetics, but expertise is left to the therapists and the leads in particular. Management doesn't need licensing to know that being on time, cheerful, knowledgeable, tidy and professional will lead to individual success. Letting people know that they are falling short in any of these areas is not disrespect or dislike ... it is good business and demonstrates concern for the individual.

Cons

A few unhappy people can make the environment difficult for all. Leave personal issues at the door and take time to appreciate what you do for your clients and the environment that has been provided for you to develop your skills. This may not be the place you want to work forever, but there are a dozen modalities to learn and refine, employment and business knowledge to acquire, and the opportunity to develop solid interpersonal skills. The income may not meet your expectations, but often there is much each person can do to improve their situation, such as (a) educate clients on the value of regular service so they join the very economical membership program and benefit, (b) learn how to respond to stressed out clients, (c) offer enhanced services when applicable, (d) market your business outside the spa, (e) work a full 40-hour week and build strength and stamina to do more services in that time, (f) coach and encourage teammates to improve their performance so all may benefit.

7. 3.0