Cover image for Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Oct 26, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,758 of over 2K reviews
3.2
50% Recommend to a Friend
62% Approve of CEO

Found 111 of over 2K reviews

3.2
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa CEO John Teza (no image)
John Teza

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

Massage therapist

Sep 3, 2017 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice co workers and staff Good at keeping you busy and steady Mostly flexible on schedule depending on management

Cons

Being part time no benefits They work you on a tier system going off of requests for your pay I don't like that system because I make 16 an hour plus tips barley above minimum wage after 9 years as a massage therapist I feel like senority would be more fair. Plus they don't allow cupping massge to therapist who are certified

1 person found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. It's great that you have been a long time employee and someone who has been in the field as long as you I am sure has a wealth of knowledge to share with newer massage therapists, perhaps speaking with your spa manager or spa owners about growth opportunities would be a productive solution to your compensation concerns. In regards to cupping, it is a great service and gaining popularity especially in athletic treatments. There are a plethora of amazing modalities in massage therapy and all deserve to be available to our clients, however, in a franchise model, we offer a limited amount of specialty services to remain streamlined and maintain our brand, unfortunately at this time cupping is not among the offered modalities.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Massage Therapist

Jul 18, 2018 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my time here. Great co-workers and managers. Loved my clients!

Cons

Extremely low pay for the work. No real prep time between clients. The owner is a piece of work. Things were smooth and enjoyable until he started stepping in more. No free massages have to pay only slightly lower price then members. They do not care if they are working you to the bone, sales come first. Was told that I was not working enough hours but was promised a flexible schedule. I went to school for massage therapy not to sell candles and whatever else was at the front of the store, but those sales affected my monthly review. I’m sure other locations are great but this one not so much.

1 person found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. There is always a certain amount of sales involved in just about every career, even Massage Therapy, unfortunately, our education does not always prepare us accordingly. In many cases, a conversation with management will aide in creating realistic expectations for all parties, and improvement in compensation, schedule, and even morale.

3. Join the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Pay

Apr 23, 2021 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule easy to get booked

Cons

Not enough pay for the job

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Front Desk Associate

Jun 14, 2022 - Front Desk Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule friendly fellow staff

Cons

not the best training could be better pay

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Meh

Jan 31, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Hamilton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule is nice

Cons

They were a much better company under the old ceo

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent enough, I guess

Feb 15, 2016 - SPA Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

They had a good flexible schedule and can work well with different/weird times you are able to work. Open for long hours, so you can get more hours than other retail stores. Coworkers are nice at times

Cons

You have to trick people (first timers) into signing up for an overpriced membership after their service. If they say no, it reflects badly on your weekly numbers. If your numbers are bad enough, they can fire you. It's impossible. It's a good opportunity for extra commission, but your job shouldn't be based off of if someone wants to shell out 60 dollars a month. Management is terrible, owners are money hungry and barely know your name.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Spa Associate

Jun 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked here part-time while I was in school. They are flexible and will work around your schedule. The work is mostly easy, except for on the hour and weekends, when there's a high volume of appointments. The position is a sales position, but not anything like cold/hard sale. You won't get fired if you don't hit the monthly quota, however, there is pressure to succeed. Manger will work with you and encourage you. On the plus side, you do make $10 commission off the membership sales. You won't feel like you are selling membership as a gimmick to make the company money- the membership is very reasonable and good for anyone that enjoys getting massages/ facials. Members can cancel whenever, not locked in or anything! Also, good discounts- you get 50% off the retail items. The manager, therapists, and spa associates are friendly. The owners of the spa are really kind and friendly as well.

Cons

Work weekends. Customers can be demanding. Meet sales quota

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like you had a great experience. In our industry weekends are typically the busiest times to accommodate clients schedules and the most productive time to reach your goals. I am sure any of our locations would be happy to have you, should you decide to work for Hand and Stone once again.

9. 5.0

Very Satisfied

Mar 13, 2013 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Manalapan, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is provided, I don't have to bring any of my own things to the spa (Clients, supplies, linens, marketing/advertising, etc.) Very flexible schedule Unlimited earning potential for those willing to make the effort! Excellent work environment Computerized note taking simplicity

Cons

Having to read some of the negative comments on this website. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience at your location. Don't think that all locations are like the one you are/were at.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Okay place to start

May 22, 2021 - Massage Therapist in Dublin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule Easy work Okay coworkers

Cons

Rude front desk associates Bad pay

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Esthetician

Oct 20, 2015 - Esthetician in Murfreesboro, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like working at Hand and Stone because everyone here is very welcoming to new employees. They make you feel you are a valued member of the team. Management is very flexible with your schedule and they treat every employee professionally and fairly. I can see myself growing further in my career here at Hand and Stone.

Cons

No complaint as of today

Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa? Share Your Experiences

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa logo

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Careers

Cover image for Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

We consistently deliver a massage and facial experience of the very highest quality at a truly affordable price. ​​ ​​​ Hand & Stone is a...More

• What We Do
  • Grow With Us
  • Benefits
  • COVID-19

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

19 days ago

Company News
It's time to celebrate! Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa has ranked #244 on Entrepreneur Media's Franchise 500® for 2023! Entrepreneur’s 44th annual Franchise 500® ranking shines a light on the unique challenges and changes that have shaped the franchise industry over the last year—and how franchisors have adapted and evolved to meet them. We jumped 52 spots from last year (#296) and are back as #1 in the spa & wellness category! To view the rankings, visit https://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/500/2023/5. To join the company ranked #1 in the spa and wellness category and learn more about career opportunities nationwide in over 500 locations, visit www.handandstonecareers.com
Shared image - 2023 Franchise 500 Ranking Page 5
2023 Franchise 500 Ranking Page 5
www.entrepreneur.com

24 days ago

Company News
Did you spot Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas in Times Square on New Year's Eve?! We’re excited for the new year, and as the first step in our 2023 commitment to telling the world Hand & Stone is the skincare authority; we have partnered with Dermalogica to promote our skincare expertise and Pro Bright Facial to the world as the ball dropped in Times Square. This billboard will run through to early February, so if you are in NYC, be sure to snap a picture! To learn more about joining the leading authority in skincare AND massage, visit www.handandstonecareers.com
Shared image - Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa on LinkedIn: Hand and Stone on the Crossroads screen in Times Square, NYC. 01.03.2023
www.linkedin.com

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Photos

+ Add Photo
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa photo of: Breast Cancer Awareness Event
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa photo of: Even Santa needs a massage during this busy time of year!!
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa photo of: Typical Lobby

Ulta Beauty

3.5

10,075 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,758 Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa reviews submitted anonymously by Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa is right for you.