KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

Engaged Employer

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa

Add a Review

Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Employee Reviews about "schedule"

Updated Oct 2, 2022

Found 162 of over 1,660 reviews

3.2
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa CEO John Teza (no image)
John Teza

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Punishments

Aug 30, 2018 - Esthetician
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is really none in Englewood NJ

Cons

Managers are very rude and they first fill their schedule. The rest of the crew gets one to two clients while the managers get 10. It pays crumbs you sit there for hours with no pay. They want you to sell sell sell with no inventory. They want you to share your thoughts and when you do you get your schedule blocked for two weeks as punishment. As if three is not punishment enough sitting for 8 hours for free. Very bad experience would not recommend it.

1 person found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you are not having a great experience. Perhaps you may want to speak with your owners regarding your concerns. You are at a new location and there may be some growing pains, I am sure there is room for a positive turnaround.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great

Jul 21, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission based pay, so if you’re a good sales person then it’ll be good pay

Cons

Front desk associates would constantly mess up schedule and payments

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Low pay. Skilled therapists not valued.

Jun 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One free service offered per month. Trades among therapists encouraged. Spa has relaxing atmosphere. Good place for a new therapist to work. You will have to work long hours if you want to make money (if your schedule does get filled up).

Cons

Front desk is not properly trained to book appointments correctly. Clients are often mismatched with therapists. Pay is low and fluctuates due to the tier scale. If you do not make certain "points" your pay will be reduced. The scale does not take in to account therapist's schedules not being consistently booked. A therapist's level of experience, skill set, repeat clients, and consistent positive feedback from clients will have little or no bearing on pay. It is all about money, memberships and add-ons which puts part-time employees at an immediate disadvantage. Also management over-hires so having a full schedule is often a challenge unless you have regular repeat clients. Management consistently pressures employees to work more hours. Therapists are not given enough time to properly clean hot stones in between back to back sessions yet pressured to stay on time for next client. No benefits and no room for advancement.

3 people found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you are not having the most positive experience! Perhaps it may be productive to address your concerns with the spa manager or spa owners regarding stress, time management and your compensation plan.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love my job! This place is not like other franchises

May 3, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hand and Stone is a great place to work. We are provided with everything we need. We work with excellent products and supplies. The environment is excellent for the therapists and customers (i.e. customers want to come back and see you). Everyone helps each other and there is a real sense of teamwork. The owners are awesome people and will help you in any way that they can. They are extremely flexible and accommodating for individual needs. The clients and staff do not feel pressured.

Cons

Each location has a unique environment so read the reviews from customers and staff to get to know the individual location. This location has an excellent environment. If the schedule gets behind it can be a little stressful with back to back appointments. However, when this happens everyone pitches in to help in anyway they can to get everything back on track.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Massage Therapist

Jul 18, 2018 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my time here. Great co-workers and managers. Loved my clients!

Cons

Extremely low pay for the work. No real prep time between clients. The owner is a piece of work. Things were smooth and enjoyable until he started stepping in more. No free massages have to pay only slightly lower price then members. They do not care if they are working you to the bone, sales come first. Was told that I was not working enough hours but was promised a flexible schedule. I went to school for massage therapy not to sell candles and whatever else was at the front of the store, but those sales affected my monthly review. I’m sure other locations are great but this one not so much.

1 person found this review helpful

National Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. There is always a certain amount of sales involved in just about every career, even Massage Therapy, unfortunately, our education does not always prepare us accordingly. In many cases, a conversation with management will aide in creating realistic expectations for all parties, and improvement in compensation, schedule, and even morale.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overstaffed, not enough business

May 12, 2020 - Esthetician in Fayetteville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission, discounts on products, nice clients

Cons

Sparse clients, too many estheticians. They require you to stay there all day without hourly pay. 3 estheticians will be on the schedule with only 3 clients comming in (5 days of the week). You do laundry and clean rooms without pay. They required a 95 dollar average ticket (a facial is 60 dollars). If you do not keep the average they cut your hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Meh

Jan 31, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist in Hamilton, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule is nice

Cons

They were a much better company under the old ceo

Be the first to find this review