KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 581 of over 712 reviews

3.7
Hanesbrands Chief Executive Officer Steve Bratspies
Steve Bratspies
Pros
  • "Work-life balance, employee discount, great leadership team, focus on sustainability(in 31 reviews)

• "Great company, great people and great products(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management changes too much(in 28 reviews)

• "There could also be more awareness of a healthy work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hanesbrands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Good company with great brands

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can feel good about working here. Good products and good people

Cons

No clear development paths (but it is being worked on)

Talent Sourcing & Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are excited that in the next few weeks, our company, HanesBrands is unveiling our new global HanesBrands Mentoring Program, which is structured to help grow and develop talent from within, aligning with our Full Potential plan. “The goal of the HanesBrands Mentoring Program is to have people at different levels of the organization start talking to each other, so that mentees can experience professional growth by having access to the thoughts and perspectives of those in higher-level positions,” said Kristin Oliver, chief human resources officer. Stay tuned for more information.

2. 5.0

Great

Jul 20, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Concord, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best place to work. Employees are great.

Cons

None at this time. Great place to work at.

3. 5.0

great place to work

Jul 9, 2021 - IT Helpdesk Technician in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

career advancement opportunities are plentiful here

Cons

hours can be long and workload heavy

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

good people to work with. pay wasn't great though

Jun 29, 2021 - Sales Associate in Hanover, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

My time there had its ups and downs like many jobs. But the people i worked with really made me exited to work with them.

Cons

the $11 was the last moth of me working with them. prior to it was $10.10 an hour. this was the lowest pay through out the whole mall and thats why a lot of people left.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Outdated

Mar 8, 2021 - Account Service Administrator in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Gear for Sports overall was a good experience. I learned a lot about wholesaling which was pretty interesting. Training was good, I caught on pretty quick. There was a feeling of job security at my position and my department was pretty fun. Good benefits. They throw some fun holiday parties and I made some great friends.

Cons

You do not get paid enough for the work you do. Strict management style with a dated work atmosphere. My department looked like it was from the 90’s. Beige cubicles all around. Their style of management was dated too. No room for growth. They take away your vacation time by adding on holidays. Taking personal time off was like pulling teeth with my manager. I had a family emergency and my manager wanted me to stay because some people were gone that day. There was always some kind of drama in the office. Serious lack of communication throughout the workplace. Nobody ever knew what was going on. Oh, and when they “give” you gifts on the holidays, they tax you on your next paycheck.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Run. Run fast and far

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mount Airy, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. There are no pros

Cons

There are too many cons to list.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great for a Year, but Get out FAST.

Apr 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people can be nice to work with. Some of the bosses are fun and can be a great boss you'll ever have. Company shuts down for the week around the holidays, but you need to use vacay time to get paid. Company will host seasonal garment sales at GREAT prices for employees.

Cons

Management can micromanage and it sucks. Management can also zero in on you for no reason if they don't like you. Some managers count bathroom breaks within a day. Some of the co-workers treat the office like high school and will stab you in back at a moments chance. No freedom to do much. If work is slow, you still must be working at all times... forget looking at your phone, taking breaks, no internet, etc. Anything you win through company contests you pay taxes on it through your check.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed my stay! Community and people were great, work was fine, benefits were great, enjoyed the fun perks

Mar 13, 2021 - Graphic Designer I in Kansas City, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Community/people are awesome and hard-working Generous health insurance and 401K Generous vacation Fun community events like Halloween costume parties, Christmas lunches, random popcorn and ice cream treats, shorts days, etc. Opportunities to move up the job ladder from within

Cons

Pay for graphic designers is not as high as the KC average Work could get monotonous (we were allowed to listen to music and podcasts) Seasonal overtime; you get paid time-and-a-half, and you get food and relaxed dress code if you work weekends, so it's less of a "con" and more of a "part of the job that stinks but they try to make it stink less"

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, OT hours required

Jun 7, 2021 - Production Artist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the company was great to work for. Environment was great. Open work place floor plan.

Cons

Average pay for position - wasn't enough to make a decent living in the area. Required OT hours during peak seasons including working on Sundays

Talent Sourcing & Engagement Manager

We are glad you enjoyed your work experience at Hanesbrands. Thank you for your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great to work for a large company

Jun 21, 2021 - Marketing Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, open door policies.

Cons

Communication and transparency could improve.

Talent Sourcing & Engagement Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. This information is valuable and helps us to continue to strive to be the best employer we can be.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 581 Reviews