Hannover Life Reassurance of America Reviews

3.7
  1. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hannover Life Reassurance of America

Pros

Good hours, good management and hours, open feeling

Cons

none to think of really

2. "Great people, poor management"

2.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are well above standard and the 401k matching is great. The majority of employees are enjoyable and hard working.

Cons

The management structure creates a high level of micromanaging. There is very little trust that employee's below an AVP level can make correct and impactful decisions. It is a very politically charged environment where openness and honest feedback is not part of the conversation. The benefit package is great but compensations are below average with very little ability to move up in a significant way.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time

Pros

The organization is small which leads to bring in the room with very important people. Everyone is really friendly. There are also half days on Fridays.

Cons

Because of their German parent, the organization is rather lean. It leads to periods of huge workloads.

Continue reading
  4. "Great benefits low pay & behind the times"

2.0

I have been working at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are top notch. Employees are great people you will make lifetime friends.

Cons

Pay is way below market value if you've been there more than a couple years. Management expectations are unrealistic. Technology & overall mindset is going backwards not a progressive company.

5. "Amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Actuarial Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Good work environment Dynamic workplace Leave early on Fridays

Cons

Opportunity of growth only for actuaries

6. "Agressive reduction of headcount"

I worked at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time

Pros

Nice office building and great 401K plan

Cons

They are trying to reduce the headcount as much as possible and put all efforts towards new business sales. If you are in a less than desirable business unit, they make you feel bad about it. You have to pay for parking . Technology is way behind the times. Also, you aren't allowed to work from home.

Continue reading

"Good place but too much bureaucracy"

4.0

I have been working at Hannover Life Reassurance of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, nice office, 35 hour work week, 4 weeks PTO (vacation and sick leave combined) - a great place that people almost never leave.

Cons

Poor organization, too many people who have a right to make decisions, and the decisions conflict, some people have been there so long that they get stuck in their ways and lack innovation, WAY too much bureaucracy, computers locked down so hard we can't even choose our browser. Management is currently in a penny-wise, pound-foolish cost-cutting mode.

Continue reading

"I was a summer intern at HLRA for about three months. I worked on a variety of projects in Excel and modeling software."

4.0
    Former Intern - Actuarial Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hannover Life Reassurance of America for less than a year

Pros

-Everyone was willing and happy to answer my questions, which I found very valuable as an intern -Generous housing assistance for interns. I got to choose where I would live and was given a stipend to fund my housing -35 hour weeks are great!

Cons

-I wish there had been more structure to their internship program. I would have appreciated some more guidance and training before being left to explore work issues on my own

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.