Hanover Research Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Hanover Research CEO Wes Givens
Wes Givens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Over the years, the firm has become more attuned to the need for work/life balance as a foundation for sustainable productivity (in 13 reviews)

• Company parties and happy hours (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Professional development is lacking and even if there is some (in 11 reviews)

• The leadership has little to NO ethical compass (in 6 reviews)

"good company overall"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, fast growing, high expectations

Cons

Bad pay for how much brain energy is needed

"Work + learn = Opportunity"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-A lot of really intelligent people with a wide variety of backgrounds - the people at the company are great
    -Your performance and upward mobility are really predicated upon your work ethic and willingness to continue learning
    -Great first job to learn the craft of sales with long-term growth potential within the company - cold calling is the best training ground for sales

Cons

-not really a con, but keep in mind that sales is not for everyone and you need to be prepared for the ups and downs

3. "Fast Growing Market Research Company"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Arlington, VA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Arlington, VA

I worked at Hanover Research as an intern

Pros

Great deal of autonomy and flexibility, interesting tasks and topics, friendly office environment

Cons

Not much that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the flexibility and autonomy going!

"Exciting Start Up Environment Backed by a Strong Corporate Foundation"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

-strong team and great coworkers both inside and outside the workplace
    -exciting new office in SoHo with amazing perks and access to NYC events and culture
    -ability to manage yourself and have opportunities to grow within the business
    -companies rewards high performers with excellent perks, bonuses, and is willing to listen to feedback and requests

Cons

-hours can be long and stressful
    -NYC office is strictly sales so very competitive culture
    -the roles offered within business development start at BDA/BDR career band, so you have to put in a lot of long hours of prospecting, cold outreach, and business building in order to prove yourself and move up in rank (similar to any other company)

"Great Place to Start Your Career"

I worked at Hanover Research (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hanover is an incredible place to develop your career. If you’re early on in your career and interested in building sales and communication skills, the Development Associate is a great place to start. There’s an uncapped commission and management gives you autonomy, while being supportive in your day-to-day job and professional development. Because of the upward mobility, rapid growth of the company, and flexibility, you can move into several different roles after the Development Associate position.

Cons

Since Hanover is still a fairly young, fast-growing company, sales goals can be aggressive, but they are obtainable if you’re ready to work hard.

"I've never learned so much, so quickly"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

- Opportunity for rapid advancement
    - Intellectually stimulating environment
    - Intelligent, motivated, collaborative staff

Hanover capitalizes on the strengths of staff and invests in their ongoing development

Cons

- Fast-paced and performance-driven which can be stressful
    - Revenue-driven (which is great for rapid corporate growth but can pressure staff with aggressive goals and ambitious project timelines)

Advice to Management

Continue to maximize employee strengths by carefully determining where staff can have the greatest impact.

May 31, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read you are blossoming in the fast paced environment and finding value in the opportunity to learn at such an accelerated pace as well.

"Senior Research Analyst - Quant"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time

Pros

As a quant, regression modeling is a lot of what this job entails. You get to work on interesting topics in k-12, higher education, and B2B/B2C. This includes research topics such as program evaluations, retention studies, and forecasting. Good community/culture and they have good benefits.

Cons

Turn around is quick on projects, which is mentally draining at times. As a quant, you only really do quant. This means you are stuck in your cubicle 5 days a week with very few opportunities to engage with clients. This changes after a few months, but not by much.

Advice to Management

Quant feels isolated from other parts of the company. Find ways to get us more involved.

Apr 14, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. The Quant team, similar to our other specialist teams, do spend the majority of their time working on only their specialization, which can be isolating. I'd recommend... More

"Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Research Associate

I worked at Hanover Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn new knowledge every day from projects and coworkers. Amazing company culture and support system for their employees.

Cons

Very fast-paced work schedule. If you have problems meeting tight deadlines then you may want to reconsider employment here.

Feb 24, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you benefited from our culture of internal knowledge sharing and continuous learning. The pace can be daunting because of our clients expectations so... More

"What a fantastic employer to be associated!"

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for this organization twice in my career! During my tenure, I was challenged and stretched my skills to add to my tool belt. Its an amazing, fast paced culture and a fantastic collaboration not only on my team but throughout the organization. Competitive benefits, comp, and an empowerment to give back to the community! If you want to improve your skill set and have your voice heard Hanover is the place to hang your hat!

Cons

As with any growing organization, there are bumps in the road. Hanover Research expects a lot out of their employees and for some folks it might be too difficult. However, the management team listens to the employees and is nimble enough to impact change immediately.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, but expect them to bring their best as you do every day!

Nov 17, 2016 – CHRO

Thank you for the positive feedback. We will keep listening to our staff and keep making changes to positively impact their experience at Hanover.

"Good People, Collaborative Environment, Flexible Schedule"

I have been working at Hanover Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Hanover for over 4 years, and have been very happy almost the whole time. The tight project schedules can be a challenge, but if you are skilled at prioritizing work and thinking quickly, you will be able to adjust. I have been promoted twice, and I have seen substantive increases in my salary.

I am a woman working in a typically male-dominated department, and I can honestly say I have never experienced any sort of sexism or felt like my performance or achievements were going unnoticed. All of my colleagues are very friendly, and we are all willing to help each other out, even when we are busy. It is a truly collaborative environment, and I have never felt I was in competition with my colleagues. Projects are assigned based on ability and availability.

As a parent, the flexible schedule is extremely important to me. I am able to make it to appointments etc. while still completing my work by starting work early or ending a bit late if necessary. I feel I have a very comfortable work/life balance, and all of my managers are understanding and accommodating.

Over my 4 years, I have seen many improvements to the way projects are assigned, managed, and rated. I am excited about all of the new initiatives we are launching, and I look forward to even more improvements in the future!

Cons

While the deadlines are tight, my experience has been that managers are very willing to work with you if they know you have a good work ethic, and that you truly were doing your best to complete on time. I only have experience in one practice area (Education), so I cannot speak about managers company-wide. In fact, the only real negative experience I had with one manager was when I worked on a project for another practice area, and after speaking to others who also worked with that manager, I learned that person was not representative of the rest of the staff in that practice area.

May 11, 2016 – CHRO

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you are enjoying your time and have found the environment to be flexible and positive. Please keep sharing feedback and recommendations with your... More