Hanson Pipe Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Hanson Pipe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have a great 401k plan Good opportunity for advancement and learn and reward employees for doing great job good safety training program

Cons

At the plan I work at it took to munch time for management to handle some problems

2. "Perfect job if you enjoy being miserable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I worked at Hanson Pipe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Engineering management is absent most of the time because they are located in a different state, so you are free to work without being micromanaged. That's really the only good thing about it.

Cons

Too many to list, but I'll name just a few. The management is absent, yet they seem to somehow be familiar enough with your job performance to say that it's only satisfactory, so you get minimal raises (maybe two raises every five years at 3% or less). Sales staff runs the company and is treated like royalty, and their mistakes and poor work ethic are constantly ignored by their supervisors despite being pointed out by everyone else in the company. The office is an old triple-wide trailer that is falling apart. In the almost six years that I worked there, two of the three a/c units didn't work for the last four years, there were roof leaks that poured water onto electrical outlets right next to workstations, and they were completely ignored. There were stray cats living under the building that would give birth to litters of kittens about every three months, and the kittens would die and stink up the building, but the management wouldn't even fix the boards to keep the cats from getting under there. This was absolutely the worst job ever, although I was able to stay there long enough to pay my bills. If that's all you care about in a job, then go for it!

Advice to Management

Shut the place down and never try to run another business.

"Office"

I worked at Hanson Pipe full-time

Pros

Great benefits and good pay.

Cons

Upper management not very thoughtful of employees on the quarterly numbers.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees.

5. "It's ok"

I have been working at Hanson Pipe full-time

Pros

A lot of hours so that's good

Cons

No breaks so that is bad