Cover image for Happy Scribe

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 13 of over 31 reviews

4.6
Happy Scribe CEO André Bastié (no image)
André Bastié

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "paced environment, growth mindset, great culture, ambitious vision.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Very great company; Great pay

Aug 19, 2022 - Specialist in Manila, Manila
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Schedule is entirely up to you. Whether you work or not, it's your choice. No commitment. *Pay rate at Happy Scribe is great. If you commit to it full-time, you can earn as much as those who are working full time at a corporate company (maybe even greater if there's a lot of availability of work). Nevertheless, I was earning much with less time. Definitely worth my time.

Cons

There are just times that we get dry spells and there is less availability of work. During these times, we earn less.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Best Job to start

Oct 13, 2022 - Closed Captioning
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good start for people with little experience.

Cons

Few works assigned. Limited jobs now and then.

3. Join the Happy Scribe team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best job I've ever had, best company I've ever worked in

Jun 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

My opinions are valued I joined as the first person in the people/talent function and it's been an amazing experience. In general, anyone at Happy Scribe has autonomy and ownership of their work; you don't need to ask for permission to do things and you're trusted and empowered to do your best work. As the first person in the team, you have the extra challenge of setting everything up, and it's such an enriching experience. I've really enjoyed working with the founders. They have a specific vision for how to grow the team, which is very unique to Happy Scribe, and working with them in many ways has helped me grow as a professional in my own area of expertise. But they have also been super open to my input, to improving things, to being challenged and changing how they work and how we hire at Happy Scribe. My input and expertise are valued and heard here. Diversity is a priority When Happy Scribe was looking for a recruiter, they specifically wanted to hire someone who could grow the team with diversity as a top priority. This is why I decided to join. I've had bad experiences in other companies trying to push for changes in this area, even the smallest of things would get push back and I'd have to fight hard to make progress. It's not like that here. We now have really solid DEI strategies in place, with full support from the team and most importantly, from the founders. This is frankly rare in tech companies. Strong leadership The co-founders are awesome. They are extremely smart, it's impressive how far the company has come with such a small team. But they are also humble, receptive, open to learn. They really care about the team, the customers and the product. On top of this, they're just really fun people and working with them feels more like working with your super smart friends that you met at a hackathon than working with your boss.

Cons

Sometimes in the rush to move fast, things get lost along the way (a decision is made with missing context or a person doesn't get involved with they should). It's never done with bad intentions, so it's easy to resolve. I have always solved this by simply talking to people when it happens; they are responsive to feedback and to finding better ways to work together in the future so this makes up for the con in the end.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

I am a good writer

Jul 21, 2022 - Content Writing
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love online earnings And i love writing

Cons

It is a good website

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work, with an even better team

Jun 16, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

Happy Scribe has a very supportive culture, and everyone in the team encourages you to ask questions. Coming from a non-tech background, I never felt bad for not knowing things. They wanted to expose me to the ins and outs of Happy Scribe as much as possible and to ask even more questions afterward. I also really appreciate how transparent everything is, from the emails, to which projects each of us is working on, to the feedback we receive from our users. Everyone in the team is excellent in their own right. We all handle our projects on our own, take initiative to implement new processes, re-work workflows and try out new ideas. If you’re used to micromanaging and helicopter bosses, you’ll be surprised at how much direct impact you have over the directions the company takes, and the choices made. Overall, I’m very happy at Happy Scribe. It’s an empowering company that truly cares about its mission and its employees, and wants you to grow as the company grows. We are building an amazing team, and I can say that I wholeheartedly enjoy working here.

Cons

You need to be able to be highly autonomous, and creative. If those are not some of your strong suits, you might struggle to keep up.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great platform.

Apr 12, 2022 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy and convenient to use

Cons

The platform did not value my years of experience.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

They are superb

Mar 17, 2022 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is absolutely fantastic.

Cons

Limited jobs now and then.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

i dont like it at all

May 21, 2022 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I don't like it at all

Cons

Its somehow nice a little

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An amazing on-going experience and people

Oct 28, 2020 - Junior Software Engineer in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are too many upsides when it comes to working at Happy Scribe. What screams the loudest is the working environment and culture. The office is situated in a lovely neighborhood of Gràcia, Barcelona. The interior is organized in such a cozy way that makes you feel like home! However, feeling at home doesn't mean we don't work. We do intensively, but the homey atmosphere makes us feel more comfortable and welcomed and have an enjoyable time working/hacking. Every day coming to work, you can expect everyone (yes, everyone!) saying hi to you. This will already warm up your soul for the day. It's like leaving your home to enter another home. Despite how busy the day can be, we always try (and succeed!) to have lunch together, so we can chit-chat about our work and our day and most importantly, try hard to crack some jokes. It's undeniably true that everyone cares about everyone else. You can also expect us to ask you about how your day is going and what you have done on the weekend. We are eager to learn more about you and what you do beside work. Whenever I have a conversation with someone, I can always learn something new from them. It's a value that I gratefully cherish.

Cons

Nope, nothing in mind at all.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn how to build a company while contributing to solving big problems

Jun 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from a reasonably big tech company (2000 employees), joining Happy Scribe has been a blast. My work is clearly USEFUL and I can see it on real time now. The team moves really FAST, (I thought I was fast, turns out I was slow!). That is not to say my previous company was not efficient, we had 300 million monthly active users with a 2k people team and we were quite fast. But nothing compared with Happy Scribe. If I had to pick one thing to say it would be the massive scope and autonomy. As a Product Engineer my work is not about coding but deciding what is the most important thing I should be coding. And not only that: I can do anything I deem necessary for the company to succeed. Some things I have already done in the 4 months I have worked here: talking to customers, closing business to business deals, doing operations, writing content. Aand a list with some other Pros about working here: - High impact. Your work makes life easier to thousands of customers everyday. You can see it in real time. - Big challenges. Not everyone can contribute to solve one of the biggest AI problems: Speech to text. - 0 politics - 0 bullshit. Only 1 meeting per week. The communication is 90% async. - The company is fully bootstrapped and profitable. We are only accountable to our customers. And we don't need to sell smoke to investors. - Top-talented team. Literally everyone is amazing. - Beautiful office in the gorgeous Gracia neighbourhood in Barcelona. - Great place to learn if you want to build your own company in the future.

Cons

Not disadvantages in my opinion but there are some things on our culture that might not resonate with everyone: - We don't do fancy engineering if the product does not require it. For example, we are not going to integrate with Blockchain. - The company is office-centered. There is flexibility on working from home, but remote or hybrid work is an exception rather than a rule. Example: I only come once or twice per week because my commute is almost 2 hours. But almost everyone else is in the office (their commute is probably 15 minutes) are there every day.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews
</>Embed

Happy Scribe Reviews FAQs

Happy Scribe has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 31 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Happy Scribe to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Happy Scribe employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Happy Scribe. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

100% of Happy Scribe employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Happy Scribe 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Happy Scribe to be management, diversity and inclusion, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Happy Scribe Job Seekers