KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

130 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The leadership sets completely unrealistic expectations, fails to communicate clearly and transparently, and the organization seems to have no real direction.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Upper management is lost and constantly changing strategy as soon as we see some success.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Management constantly changed things without communicating to the entire team and therefore affecting others and their clients negatively.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Company/Exciting Place to Work

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are top-notch...bright, focused, and striving to do their best each day. The leadership cares deeply about the company, their employees and are focused on creating a positive culture.

Cons

Growing at a rapid pace always includes challenges but so far those challenges have been identified and addressed in a timely manner.

2. 5.0

Great Job

Dec 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is probably the best place I've ever worked. Great culture and senior leadership that seems to really care about listening to employees. My coworkers are all super smart and supportive of one another. It feels like a real team, not a traditional corporate environment. I've been here a couple of years and the benefits get better every year. Last year they added bereavement pay, anniversary celebration boxes full of gear, options for full-time remote work, annual bonuses. This year we just got a 401k (we weren't big enough for one before). Normal 40-hour workweek (one hour unpaid for lunch every day). There are good opportunities for career growth. Lots of one-on-one coaching and training. I've had good raises and bonuses for performance reviews each year.

Cons

Very demanding company to work for. Some managers have unreasonable expectations and the rate of growth has been a challenge because we always seem to be behind on hiring. It seems like there aren't very many people who know this industry, so it takes a long time to train people too. The compliance industry is challenging. There's a lot of nuances to learn that I didn't know coming into the company. The clients can be demanding, and aren't always pleasant to work with.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Chaotic Work with a Great Team

Mar 30, 2022 - Compliance Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team members are great. A genuinely pleasant group of coworkers with managers and team leaders who have your back.

Cons

Daily work is a hot mess. They keep changing procedures and absolutely nothing is running smoothly. Work amount is simply not attainable, and constant multi-tasking literally prevents your brain from receiving a "job well done". Doubled our skillset and workload without even discussing an increase in compensation. There is no communication with the higher-ups. You have no idea what shape the company is really in, though they are constantly pushing for "more". They seem to make decisions for us "little folks" without really considering feedback gathered from Team Leads.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Most disappointing company to work for

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people you work with on a daily basis are absolutely wonderful.

Cons

This is unfortunately one of the most disappointing companies I’ve ever worked for. Harbor Compliance really does have a lot of potential, but it will be it’s own management and owners that will run it into the ground and will lose everyone who is worth anything to them. This is a very niche company who refuses to pay for the people who know it, so they hire people for a culture fit to train them. The catch though, is that there is no real training, absolutely no structure, policies or procedures to get people up to speed, to have standards, nothing. So they will continue to bulldoze their way through really high caliber people, continue to fight retention issues, and run their own company into the ground. There are some really great people who work here. Most people love the people they work around on a daily basis, and some are fortunate enough to have really great managers but that doesn’t go for all. There is no management or coaching program or training, so you get what you get. So, the overall culture is not what they say it is when it really comes down to it. They say really great things and for a fair amount of people, they have managers above them who hold those values as well. For example, if you don’t give up your work-life balance, then you don’t have enough grit. Or, if you don’t do things in the exact, easiest way out, possible (rather than doing what you were hired to do), then you do not have enough clarity or precision. Again, they say really great things, and you believe it for a good while, but when it really comes down to it, they have no true leadership to follow through. Rather, they have a couple people who more so care only about profitability and will do anything to make sure that is the number they hit. (Which, to the contrary is a fair business model, but then don’t hound people about how much you really care for employees when that is clearly not your top priority). It is understood that in a small business there is an aspect of “figure it out as you go”. Sure. However, Harbor Compliance does not put enough thought behind (seemingly) any decision before making them. They are so quick to try and throw money at a problem just to check off a box and say they did it, or they panic that something isn’t working perfectly. This goes for business decisions, hiring new positions, changing current positions, etc. Then, when it becomes clear that hasn’t worked, they back track just as quickly, make another decision to try to fix the first one with no structure or thought in how to truly just take the time necessarily to do things the right and most sustainable way. Again, their top priority above anything else, is just growing as much and as quickly as they can. Lastly, they 100% nudge people to write good reviews on here because they take any seemingly negative comment as a personal attack. They spend more time in rage and panic about somehow removing any negative comments, rather than spending that time on actually addressing the issues that are mentioned and caring for their people.

7 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Apr 4, 2022 - Service Department Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very open and straightforward about goals, vision, and values. Leadership is very accessible and always willing to hear from the team

Cons

Very hectic and chaotic at times due to the ever-changing and complex nature of the business

6. 5.0

Fantastic Company ;)

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Challenging work - Wonderful people - They cultivate a culture that encourages and supports continued education - They take work / life balance seriously and try to be as flexible as possible - Good benefits - They listen to their talent and take action on their ideas, making every person feel like a valuable member of the team

Cons

- Very fast-paced environment (not a negative to all, but some)

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

What a mess

Dec 28, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The direct manager of the account executive team is great and truly cares about his team.

Cons

Where do I begin? Upper management is lost and constantly changing strategy as soon as we see some success. The annual goals that are set are impossible to hit and you are spoken down to even when you have a great month. You are not celebrated at all as an employee. The pay for this role is embarrassing low, I could go get an SDR job that pays more. Unless you are brand new to sales, I would stay away, the positive comments aren’t very real as they asked us all at the beginning of the year to give 5 star reviews. Treat your employees better and pay them more and you won’t have high turnover and you won’t have to ask for 5 star reviews, you’ll naturally get them from happy employees

8. 5.0

Flexibility and Growth

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's exciting to be part of a company that is growing so rapidly. Everyone has high standards and wants to produce the best product possible. I personally enjoy being challenged by my work because it never gets boring and I can continue to improve my skills. My hard work is often recognized and rewarded. Leadership is open to ideas and really wants to create a great working environment. When the pandemic hit, we quickly moved to a remote work model, and everything I needed to work from home was provided. I was still able to connect with my team, just as I had in the office. Now, as people are returning to offices, we have the flexibility to do what works best for us. I have a workspace in the office if I want to return, or I can move across the country and continue to be value member of my team. Overall, I think Harbor Compliance is a great place to work and grow my career.

Cons

If you're just looking for a paycheck and are hoping to slide by with mediocrity, this is not the place for you.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Minus the leadership team, a great place to work

Dec 30, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

When leadership isn’t trying to micromanage your every move it really is a great place to work. It is all remote now, which is nice, and the people you are selling to are usually nice individuals. All of my coworkers are very sweet and it is a pleasure collaborating and learning from each other. The sales manager, my direct boss is terrific. If you are looking for a sales job you will be thankful you get to learn and work with him. However, this cannot be said about the management team above him. The commission you can make is pretty good, however, you truly have to rely on this commission because of how incredibly low the base salary is. We are currently getting paid 30% below the industry average. Which is clearly starting to show because of how many employees are now leaving for better paying jobs.

Cons

This company has so much potential but the two owners of the company and the director of sales are just constantly micromanaging. There is a new process they are running each and every week and the things they are coming up with are job responsibilities of that of a entry level sales development role. So if you are looking for the next step in your sales career and you want to be an Account Executive or Account Manager, do not choose Harbor Compliance because they treat you like an entry level sales person. Second con is the salary. Since they make you do SDR type work as an account executive, they also pay you like one. The base salary is embarrassing. And honestly, it probably will never go up. For our Christmas bonus this year, they gave us a $100 visa card and it wasn’t even personalized. The owners care about how much money they are making and thats it. This should tell you all you need to know about how they feel paying employees. For PTO you only get 10 days, which compared to other companies is just sad as well. They want you working as much as humanly possible for the lowest amount possible. There are unfortunately a lot more cons but my advice is to just stay away unless senior management changes or the owners sell the company to more compassionate people.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Apr 22, 2021 - Account Manager in New Freedom, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Harbor Compliance has an amazing work culture that fosters growth and success for its employees in a challenging yet equally rewarding work environment. The company's dedication to providing great customer service and solutions makes this a company you can be proud to work for. As a result of the hard work the company has put in over the years, it is growing fast and will no doubt reach its huge goals.

Cons

I cant think of any so far and this is not because the company doesn't have any. Any of the other amazing companies that I have worked for have some flaws. However, when it comes to pay, how well a company takes care of it's employees, how well a company takes care of its customers and clients, there is not much that I can say are cons for this organization. Any "con" that I have seen is addressed with importance and urgency from management and gets acted upon quickly. A true con for me is if an organization recognizes their faults and does not try to resolve them, or simply does not invest it trying to become more aware of them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

Harbor Compliance Reviews FAQs

Harbor Compliance has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Harbor Compliance to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Harbor Compliance employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Harbor Compliance. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

69% of Harbor Compliance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Harbor Compliance 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Harbor Compliance to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Harbor Compliance Job Seekers