Harbor Compliance Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(69 total reviews)
The latest conversations about Consulting
Got a burning question about Harbor Compliance? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Harbor Compliance employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Fantastic team that works really hard to make sure everyone has the support they need." (in 5 reviews)
- "The work is challenging and the people are driven in a good way" (in 4 reviews)
- "The job is challenging, always expanding responsibilities and there are opportunities for growth." (in 4 reviews)
- "Very nice coworkers and casual work environment." (in 3 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and a leadership team that really cares about its employees." (in 3 reviews)
- "Upper management is lost and constantly changing strategy as soon as we see some success." (in 5 reviews)
- "Management constantly changed things without communicating to the entire team and therefore affecting others and their clients negatively." (in 4 reviews)
- "The leadership sets completely unrealistic expectations, fails to communicate clearly and transparently, and the organization seems to have no real direction." (in 4 reviews)
- "Need more training (this is being developed so it will be better in the future)." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Compliance and is not affected by filters.
Found 69 of over 71 reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 29, 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLancaster, PA
The variety is incredible. I've had other jobs where I worked on a single project for months. Here, I work on different projects all the time. It keeps things interesting because I'm always learning new things. The environment is entrepreneurial, so if you have an idea and management approves, you can run with it.
From a sales perspective, regulatory requirements are everywhere, which means the market is huge (big pro!). But, because the requirements are ubiquitous, most established companies have a system for handling them. That can make breaking them out of the status quo tricky, especially when they're trying to optimize for cost savings. That's more of an industry fact than a criticism of the company, though.4
- 4.0Sep 26, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Remote work with company provided equipment. PTO, paid sick days, 3 floating holidays, paid days off for major holidays. Flexible schedule, mostly friendly environment. Promote from within.
I’ve worked for HC for quite some time and can honestly say we’ve always been short staffed. They were quick to hire people in the service team, but other departments are suffering. Your manager will say “let me know if you need help or are feeling overwhelmed” but rarely provides insight. They promote from within, which is amazing. But training practices aren’t set in place very well. They expect you to just “know things” but don’t allow you time for continuing education or training. You are paid for 40 hours of work per week, but it seems like they expect you to work more.1
- 5.0Aug 22, 2023Senior AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Harbor is a great Company to work for. The leadership and management team is constantly looking out to provide opportunities and improve processes for their team. Everybody is willing to help each other to move forward and provide innovative solutions. Many smart and kind people to work with! I also love the work environment - I personally work remotely, as the majority of the employees, but there is also the opportunity to work at the office! While working remotely there are many channels to stay connected with the team!
Harbor is ranked on the Inc. 5000 (That is great!) – so the Company grows quickly, this brings opportunities but also challenges to have to adapt quickly to the growth.6
- 5.0Aug 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
1. The colleagues I work with are smart, driven, and care about working collaboratively within their teams as well as across departments. When one of us does well, we all do well. 2. The company is deeply committed to learning and improving to provide exceptional, high-value service to all clients. 3. The executive team is candid in communicating company-wide goals and metrics. They welcome and value input from all employees.
With any organization that takes off quickly, there can be growing pains. To address this upfront, the leadership team, along with mid-level managers, continue to strategically look for opportunities to listen to employees and grow a healthy culture that reflects the company's core values.6
- 5.0Jul 19, 2023Compliance AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I have been working here for 9 months and I have never worked for a company until now where the team is all always working together and the management is genuinely thankful for the hard work. We are constantly being thanked verbally for the hard work and just recently was given extra days off for the year because they listened to the feedback from employees about wanting more paid holidays. They care about their employees a lot.
This isn’t a con for me because I live far away from the office but it might be for some people but we work remotely so we don’t get to see our co workers in person everyday.6
- 1.0Jul 20, 2023Compliance AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLancaster, PA
Remote, work from home position. Some team members willing to help you succeed and get you up to speed.
Upper management does not listen to its employees for best practices. Constantly changing software, hardware, and procedures. Managers try to guilt employees into working 50+ hours a week. Meeting overload - so much so that you have to either work during the meetings or work longer to make up for being in a meeting. High turnover! NO training! You are given the workload of a former employee and told to "figure it out, there's no time to train you". A lot of these positive reviews on here were due to an incentive given to employees to counteract the negative, truthful reviews. Ask for the highest wage, you'll be working a lot of overtime after probation...if you make it!6
- 5.0Dec 12, 2022ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Pros: Transparency - the company is very open about any challenges being faced; there are quarterly company-wide meetings to go over the company's current status and update all employees on what plans are for the future Teamwork - One of the best teams I have ever been part of in my career. While there are many different departments, the teamwork is company-wide. Everyone is willing to lend a hand, provide explanations or guidance, and just be there for other coworkers, regardless of who they report to. Positive mindset - The employees who succeed at Harbor Compliance are those who approach the work with a positive attitude and look for solutions instead of excuses. Opportunities - Team leads, managers, and leadership all work with their teams to provide opportunities both within someone's current team or within another team in the company. This organization actually cares if the employee is satisfied in their current role and will help someone find another role if they develop interests in another area of the company.
The company still needs to hire more people for the volume of work coming in, but that seems to be a common issue shared by many companies right now. The only other issue has to do with the PTO policy, which I think could be more generous.6
- 3.0Aug 3, 2023Compliance AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
This is a great place to work. Remote work. 45 to 50 hours per week. Great team that is always willing to help.
Need more training (this is being developed so it will be better in the future). Need more PTO - 2 weeks, 3 sick days & very few holidays (although we now have an additional 3 floating holidays) are NOT enough for all the work that we do. PTO helps us recharge & keeps us motivated to work.2
- 5.0Dec 26, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
A friendly nationwide team willing to assist one another and great support from management.
None present. I have been working in this field with 5+ years of experience from different organizations, this is one of the best.5
Harbor Compliance Reviews FAQs
Harbor Compliance has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 71 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Harbor Compliance to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
65% of Harbor Compliance employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Harbor Compliance 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.