Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,227 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "good pay and very flexible(in 200 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are great and dental(in 160 reviews)
  • "Great people and fun to work at.(in 105 reviews)
  • "You receive a small portion of time off on each paycheck depending on the hours you work.(in 86 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers they gave me a job(in 47 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great staff, amazing selection.

May 16, 2022 - Part Time Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, knowledgeable managers and supvs, helpful to everyone, know where stuff is, willing to check if floor location empty. Tools that last forever, many w/ lifetime warranty.

Cons

Easy return with extended warranties. Great deal!

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking Associates like you. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not Bad

May 13, 2022 - Logistics Manager in Victoria, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well and affordable insurance

Cons

Work late till 12 am I'm not a night person it didn't work for me but awesome place to work and great staff.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we believe in providing our Associates with respectful schedules and we highly encourage them to reach out to their Store Managers regarding scheduling concerns. Thank you for your hard work in Victoria, TX and we wish you the best in your career journey!

3. 5.0

Great benefits

May 12, 2022 - Equipment Operator in Dillon, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is pretty good about it

Cons

It's nothing really bad about it

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team. We strive to build the best place to work by learning as we grow and develop every step of the way. Thank you for your continued hard work in Dillon, SC and we look forward to seeing you grow!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company/ great people

May 12, 2022 - Store Manager in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is strong! Very associate/ employee focused.

Cons

None that I can remember.

Continue reading

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else and we believe in continuously improving at all levels, including management. Thank you for your hard work in Asheville, NC and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0

Harbor Freight Review

May 9, 2022 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with The company works great with you

Cons

Only twelve hours are guaranteed.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to hear from our team. We highly encourage you to reach out to your Store Manager regarding scheduling concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good place to work at

Cons

Logistics is typically 4pm-12am, so not much social life, but you do accrue PTO and sick pay pretty quick.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We depend on all our Associates to provide a great customer experience and build a great place to work. We value people above all else and we are committed to building a work/life balance for all our Associates. We highly encourage you to reach out to your Store Managers regarding any concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

7. 5.0

great place

May 3, 2022 - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

still opening new stores annually

Cons

there aren’t any cons here

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking leaders. We strive to build the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. Thank you for your continued hard work in Los Angeles, CA and we’re glad to have you on the team!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company!

May 3, 2022 - IT Director in Calabasas, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Spent 27 years at HFT. Enjoyed working with excellent teams and supportive management. Privately held. Strong economics. Incredible growth.

Cons

Really none. Sad they removed my position from the org chart.

Director of People and Culture

First, we would like to thank you for dedicating over 20 years of your career to Harbor Freight. As an organization, we owe our success and development to leaders like you and we are grateful for everything you have done. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

9. 5.0

Great and getting Greater

May 3, 2022 - Sr. Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission Statement - Provide high quality tools at lowest prices. People Statement Core Values I work with some of the smartest people in the industry, but they are kind and great to work with and for - team environment.

Cons

Fast pace, non-stop growth, and appetite for change is huge - at times overwhelming.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking leaders. At Harbor Freight, we take pride in our People First culture and we are committed to building an environment where our Associates have the opportunities to flourish and succeed. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!