KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "coworker"

Updated Jun 23, 2022

Found 4 of over 2,425 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,253 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good and the monthly bonuses are a plus but inconsistent at best.(in 203 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and product to promote to customers.Training is available.(in 164 reviews)
  • "Great people and fun to work at.(in 107 reviews)
  • "You receive a small portion of time off on each paycheck depending on the hours you work.(in 82 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers they gave me a job(in 48 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "coworker"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee

Really?

Nov 3, 2010 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

6 months ago I could have given reasons for working at Harbor Freight. Now, I can only give one; at least you would have an income.

Cons

Title of my review is 'Really?' because that is the first thought that comes to mind pretty much any time something new comes down the pipe from corporate. It was the first thought I had when they announced the Inside Track Club offer, the Extended Service Plan attachment increase goal, the exsanguination of payroll, and the new staffing model, just to name a few. I have been in retail for 10 years, and have never worked in an environment that fostered such low morale and distrust of not only the executive management at the corporate level, but also the management at the district and store level, as well as fellow employees. Going to your place of work and feeling as though you can trust nobody and that everybody will do what they can to throw you under the bus is very stressful on everybody. Most of the employees do not want to behave this way, but everyone is so scared of losing his/her job that desperate and uncouth measures are often taken to try and ensure one's job, even though it hurts a fellow coworker. Depending on how many of my brothers and sisters mired in the trenches of Harbor Freight check out this web site, I will be adding reviews to break down step by step how things are broken and, more importantly, how they can be fixed. Despite my review of the company, and the opinions of many others, this can still be a great company to work for and be proud of, if only some crucial changes are made.

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unbelievable

Aug 17, 2014 - Sales Floor Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had great coworkers and good lower management team members who kept work from always being boring

Cons

The store manager was a useless lying tool. Suggestions I made were literally laughed at. He would take between 1-2 weeks of vacation every month and during that time he forbade anyone else from taking any unscheduled time off. He fired a coworker and store veteran of 4 years after the worker broke his foot trying to move boxes marked two person. The coworker attempted to radio for help but he was the only one aside from the cashier and store manager working that day. The manager never responded and when he asked to go to the hospital the store manager fired him. We were denied lunch breaks and the manager threatened to dock my pay on a near daily basis. His boss, the regional manager, told the store manager that I should be fired after seeing me sprint back and forth to grab items for customers. He stated I was wasting time. At one point we were supposed to close at 6 and I had homework due that night before midnight the store manager decided no one was allowed to go home until we sold a credit card. We left at 11 30 when he bought one.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Liason

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with your team. We agree, Harbor Freight's got a great staff of energetic, proactive people. We also appreciate you sharing your serious account with us, although Harbor Freight Tools does not sell, or even offer, credit cards so we are not sure how to address that. We would very much like to hear more and welcome you to call the HFT Outlet Hotline at 1-800-693-8377. Thank you and good luck.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Warehouse Associate

Oct 23, 2014 - Warehouse Associate in Toledo, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pros were that I don't work or shop there, I avoid that place like it hasEbola.

Cons

Management is a bunch of childish imbeciles, harassing other coworkers and talking behind one another's back. My hours were cut because I stood up for a fellow coworker that was being harassed. I should have pursued legal action.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Liason

We appreciate you sharing your input, but we're disappointed you are unable to share a single positive thought about your co-workers, the company, benefits, job, etc. Harbor Freight continually strives to improve the work environment and experience for its employees, and we would have encouraged you to share your concerns with your HR representative, or anonymously called our HFT Outlet Hotline. As you have moved on, though, we wish you good luck.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

50 50 chance of success

Oct 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Get lots and lots of exercise, meet lots of people, learn basics about tools, assist assorted customers who don't know anything about tools.

Cons

Management doesn't care as long as you are making them money. No mentoring or complete training given. Communication is total bull, as well as coworker bullying.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to helping Harbor Freight Tools deliver value to the hardworking.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 Reviews

Popular Careers with Harbor Freight Tools Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Harbor Freight Tools? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

32 days ago

Employee Story
For this month's Harbor Freight Happy Feature, we're recognizing our talented Store Manager, Jeff! Based in our Okeechobee, FL location, he says "[Harbor Freight is a] great company to work for. They give you all the tools to succeed." Thank you for everything you do, Jeff! 👏
Shared image

67 days ago

Employee Story
This month's Harbor Freight Happy feature is Stephanie, a talented Store Manager at our Marshfield, WI location. When asked what she loves about Harbor Freight, she says: "Harbor Freight is one of the few companies that truly cares about their Associates and customers. They ensure wages are competitive, give tons of time off, and listen to their Associate feedback to help make [us] a better company." Thank you for all you do, Stephanie!
Shared image