Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "good pay"

Updated Nov 28, 2021

Found 96 of over 2,379 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,237 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "good pay and very flexible(in 212 reviews)
  • "Good benefits if you are full(in 150 reviews)
  • "Great people and fun to work at.(in 107 reviews)
  • "You receive a small portion of time off on each paycheck depending on the hours you work.(in 92 reviews)
  • "Some great coworkers they gave me a job(in 45 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 28, 2021 - Supervisor in Salem, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team Good pay Good benefits

Cons

No cons to speak of

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback! We depend on all our Associates to provide a great customer experience and help us build a great place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work in Salem, NH and we look forward to seeing you grow!

2. 5.0

Fantastic Company to work for

Oct 17, 2021 - Sales Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, PTO, Good pay! Consistent Path to work your way up in the company!

Cons

Can be stressful like all jobs, planograms are inconsistent and can be difficult to work on, some things/problems take a long time to change.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we reward hard work with great benefits that matter to you and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying them. Our goal is to be the best place to work and your feedback will help us achieve that goal. Please know that policies and procedures were designed to protect our associates and keep them safe. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners if you have any concerns to discuss. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to seeing you grow!

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

ehh

Oct 31, 2021 - Logistics Associate in Danville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and very flexible

Cons

bad at scheduling and communication

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and improving every step of the way. We believe in providing respectful schedules that work with the needs of our associates, and we strongly encourage you to reach out to your Store Manager with any concerns regarding your scheduling. Thank you for your continued hard work in Danville, KY and we’re glad to have you on the team!

4. 3.0

Good Company

Oct 27, 2021 - Sales Associate in Duncanville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and interesting folk.

Cons

constantly understaffed, supervisors think they don't think they have to work as hard as the associates.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Our goal is to be the best place to work by learning as we grow and improve every step of the way. We want you to know that we are continuously working to improve in all levels and encourage you to continue providing your feedback. We also encourage you to reach out to your Store Managers if you have any concerns to share. Thank you for your continued hard work in Duncanville, TX and we’re glad to have you on the team!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

HFT

Sep 14, 2021 - Sales Associate in Edmonds, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, good managers, good workers for the most part.

Cons

Bad area in the city, theft issues and customer issues common.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. We strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and improving every step of the way. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their Store Managers if they have any concerns to discuss. Thank you for your continued hard work in Edmonds, WA and we’re glad to have you on the team!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Repetitive

Sep 28, 2021 - Logistics Associate in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for easy work.

Cons

Early hours, repetitive work, rough employees.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to be the best place to work through continuous improvement and development. Your feedback will help us do that. Please know that our policies and procedures are designed to protect our associates and keep them safe. Thank you for your hard work in Dallas, TX and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun Place to work

Sep 17, 2021 - Customer Service Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, good pay, fun people to work with

Cons

Not always busy - sometimes very slow

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. Our goal is to be the best place to work by learning as we grow and evolve every step of the way. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent pay, decent coworkers

Sep 6, 2021 - Student in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good training

Cons

Tough work hours, tough labor moving inventory

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We strive to be the best place to work by listening to our associates and continuously improving. Your feedback will help us do that. We understand that our culture may not be the right fit for everyone but we pride ourselves on creating an environment where our associates have the opportunity to flourish and succeed. Thank you for your hard work in Raleigh, NC and we wish you the best in your career journey!

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Need someone who didn't come from office depot or office max to become store manager or dm.

Aug 30, 2021 - Logistics Associate in Ceres, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Paid time off.

Cons

Poor management for scheduling, treating everyone fairly, recognizing ones efforts

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking team! We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, we are committed to improving at all levels, including management. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners if they have any concerns to share or you may email me at culture@harborfreight.com. We are dedicated to finding solutions as a team and we will be sure to forward your comments to the appropriate HR Partners. Thank you for your continued hard work in Ceres, CA and we’re glad to have you on the team!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Jul 30, 2021 - Warehouse/Forklift Driver in Dillon, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay clean restrooms clean breakrooms

Cons

Many of the employees think they need a cafeteria that cooks.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for dedicating over 3 years of hard work to Harbor Freight. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work by learning and improving every step of the way. Your feedback will help us do that. We always encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners if they have any concerns to share. Thank you for your hard work in Dillon, SC and we wish you the best in your career journey!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Reviews