KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "paid time"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 98 of over 2,127 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,108 Ratings
Pros
  • "Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off(in 99 reviews)

• "And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very little monitoring of schedules by upper management (DM)(in 72 reviews)

• "Night shift, moderate work life balance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "paid time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 7, 2020 - Logistics Supervisor in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off

Cons

Short 30 minute lunch breaks

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We depend on all of our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we greatly appreciate all that you do! We value your suggestions and encourage you to continue to share your feedback, as we pride ourselves on becoming a great place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work in Raleigh, NC!

2. 4.0

Pretty Good for Retail

Jul 14, 2020 - Store Manager in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Privately owned company so not so much BS as in big box publicly traded retail stores. Upper management seems to care about its employees and has a solid review structure. Generous bonus package based on base salary and store performance (paid quarterly). Solid standard operating procedures makes merchandising and operations as easy as following instructions. Generous paid time off (but you'll have to plan it out). Employee discount. 401k with 3% salary matching. Pretty consistent salary increases (1/year @ 3% average)

Cons

Lots of heavy lifting! "Frugality" core principle lends to extra work at mgr level and below (i.e. Inventories x 1/year are self executed) Development is important to company but path from SM and higher is elusive and not well supported by most District Managers (read; you must way out perform your level, or be a good ol' boy) HFT is a formerly small business that may be growing too fast for it's own good: starting to feel 'Big-boxy' without the forethought.... ever increasing focus on metrics and new changes w/out planning it out. If you get an old store, prepare for facility challenges to include off-site warehouses, dark, old lighting/flooring/shelving. (They're putting all their money in to new stores and new programs and forgetting the store that got them there)

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like yourself. Please know that we are always working hard to continuously improve as we grow. Harbor Freight Tools is dedicated to training and promoting internally. In fact, we have reviewed our current processes and how we could improve in this area. In our efforts to become a great place to work, we value our associates and their ideas. We greatly appreciate your continued hard work in Omaha, NE!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and they care about their employees.

Oct 28, 2020 - TA Specialist in Calabasas, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

 Closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas  Clear path to promotion  Paid time off  Bonus opportunity  Flexible schedules  Associate discounts  Stable employment with growing company

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy to hear you are enjoying all the benefits of working at Harbor Freight. We believe that our People, Products and Principles are what make us special and unique. We are glad to have you on the team and appreciate all that you do!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun

Jan 21, 2021 - Sales Supervisor in Kansas City, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great paid time off and insurance

Cons

To many employees are hired then quit after 1 day

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hard working associates like you. At Harbor Freight, we believe in rewarding hard work and showing our associates how much we appreciate their time and effort. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable as we continue to grow as an organization. Thank you for your time in Kansas City, KS and best of luck in your career journey!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good work/life balance

Oct 1, 2020 - Supervisor of Logistics in Riverside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off, work/life balance, environment, nice co-workers

Cons

Under staffed, never enough hrs to get things done.

Director of People and Culture

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. At Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work/life balance for all of our associates. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable, as we are continuing to evolve and grow as an organization. Thank you for your continued hard work in Riverside, CA!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job, bad management

Jul 11, 2020 - Stock Associate in Southaven, MS
      Business Outlook

Pros

For how much you get paid per hour, it’s an easy job. You also have the opportunity to make more by selling memberships. Paid time off is available when you earn your hours.

Cons

Management is very bad and lazy. This is just my for my store. Their method of new-hire training is non existent, leaving people to get overwhelmed with the job and quitting. Management doesn’t know how to get their store together.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. At Harbor Freight, we are committed to continuous improvement at all levels, including management. We will share your comments with the appropriate HR Partners. We also encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner to discuss your concerns. Thank you for your continued hard work in Southaven, MS!

7. 5.0

Great Company

Apr 25, 2020 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, Benefits Savings, Fantastic medical/dental/vision coverage. Does the right thing.

Cons

Very Physical working environment, not for the weak.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for your continued hard work. We’re glad to hear you are enjoying your benefits and appreciate your suggestions and ideas. Looking forward to watching you grow with the team!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with great vision, but greater to some than to others.

Apr 21, 2020 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health Benefits & cost, Paid Time Off, Employee Discount

Cons

Existing Manager Base Pay, Regularly fails to provide resources to meet its own company expectations, Human Resources cares more about hourly employees than management. Tremendous amount of misinformation and misdirection given before final direction and expectations are provided. Has tendency to draw customers in for advertise products that are not yet available.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. At Harbor Freight, we believe in Continuous Improvement for our stores, and your comments allow us to achieve this. We encourage associates who have questions or concerns to reach out to their HR Partner or our HR Hotline for additional support. We wish you the best for your career path!

9. 1.0

Not Good

Aug 17, 2020 - Logistics
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Time Off Christmas and Thanksgiving off and paid.

Cons

No work life balance The company encourages you to work off the clock Trucks are terrible The company does not care about their employees or customers. And this pandemic has definitely proved that. Just saying don’t state you’ll close your store if someone tests positive and not follow through with it. You put everybody at risk at a greater risk and you should be ashamed.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your continued hard work and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Harbor Freight, we are committed to continuous improvement at all levels. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner, HR Hotline at (800) 693-8377, or please email me at culture@harborfreight.com to discuss your concerns. We appreciate all that you do!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment, lots of opportunities to make money, but objectively unfair policies.

Aug 9, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Marion, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you put in hard work, it's recognized by your store. My store manager was a fantastic boss, with a great work ethic and constantly pushed others to do put forth their best performance. Staff where I was at was always extremely friendly, had a good sense of humor, and was very effective in doing their jobs. Commissions are a great way to earn a lot of extra money, whether part time or full time associate. Benefits and paid time off are available for part time and full time positions alike.

Cons

Several of their policies, namely attendance and cash, have a "strikeout" format. If you are more than 6 minutes late or more than $5 under or over, you are flagged for the next six months. They do not communicate with you or with anyone at your store directly until your last "strike" and will automatically fire you if it happens again, even at the expense of your store, ignoring whether or not your managers plead otherwise.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we greatly value all of our associates and all of your hard work. Our policies and procedures are always designed with associates in mind, but we appreciate your feedback. We regularly monitor and collect suggestions and feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thanks again for sharing, and we wish you the best in your future career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews