KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "paid time"

Updated Oct 24, 2021

Found 110 of over 2,198 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,151 Ratings

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "paid time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0

Not Good

Aug 17, 2020 - Logistics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Time Off Christmas and Thanksgiving off and paid.

Cons

No work life balance The company encourages you to work off the clock Trucks are terrible The company does not care about their employees or customers. And this pandemic has definitely proved that. Just saying don’t state you’ll close your store if someone tests positive and not follow through with it. You put everybody at risk at a greater risk and you should be ashamed.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your continued hard work and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Harbor Freight, we are committed to continuous improvement at all levels. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner, HR Hotline at (800) 693-8377, or please email me at culture@harborfreight.com to discuss your concerns. We appreciate all that you do!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment, lots of opportunities to make money, but objectively unfair policies.

Aug 9, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Marion, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you put in hard work, it's recognized by your store. My store manager was a fantastic boss, with a great work ethic and constantly pushed others to do put forth their best performance. Staff where I was at was always extremely friendly, had a good sense of humor, and was very effective in doing their jobs. Commissions are a great way to earn a lot of extra money, whether part time or full time associate. Benefits and paid time off are available for part time and full time positions alike.

Cons

Several of their policies, namely attendance and cash, have a "strikeout" format. If you are more than 6 minutes late or more than $5 under or over, you are flagged for the next six months. They do not communicate with you or with anyone at your store directly until your last "strike" and will automatically fire you if it happens again, even at the expense of your store, ignoring whether or not your managers plead otherwise.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we greatly value all of our associates and all of your hard work. Our policies and procedures are always designed with associates in mind, but we appreciate your feedback. We regularly monitor and collect suggestions and feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thanks again for sharing, and we wish you the best in your future career!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Know what you are getting yourself into

Sep 2, 2019 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers paid time off and a matching 401k plan to full and part time employees. Can earn additional money by selling warranties and memberships. I enjoy talking with the customers and don't mind doing the job aside from the repetition.

Cons

Long hours on your feet without breaks while other employees are allowed to socialize and leave his/her work station. Expected to sell sell sell even though we were told our only responsibility is to offer certain products. Have to repeat the same 10 word phrase to every customer.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. Please know that we greatly value your continued hard work and encourage you to discuss your concerns with your HR Partner or the HR Hotline at (800) 693-8377. You can also reach out to myself directly if you feel comfortable at culture@harborfreight.com. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to watching you grow with the team.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Working here isn't what it used to be

Dec 14, 2019 - Sales Associate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Coworkers, Reasonable hours, Flexible scheduling, Paid time off

Cons

Upper Management is never happy, Corporate does not listen to suggestions, Upper management makes mistakes that are blamed on employees, Cuts in hours, More workload and less employees scheduled

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Harbor Freight Tools is dedicated to becoming a great place to work, which means learning as we grow and listening to our associates every step of the way. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner for additional support if you'd like to further discuss your concerns. We appreciate your continued hard work in Saddle Brook and look forward to watching you grow with us!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Mar 4, 2020 - Senior Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Time Off Commission Employee Discount

Cons

Inconsistent Work Hours POS and Warranty Software Malfunctions

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for trusting Harbor Freight with your career for over 5 years. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time on the team! We’re committed to building a great place to work and it’s thanks to hardworking associates like you that we can achieve that goal. We wish you the best on your career journey!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent

Dec 12, 2019 - Sales Associate in Huntington Park, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I made a lot of cool friends worked at harbor for 2 years felt the need to find a new path or career to focus with. The store was understaffed so part-time was like full-time. Managers were understanding but then forget your needs and focus on there needs. Good benefits whether part-time for full time paid time off and paid sick time.

Cons

They would forget your schedule. Costumers in my area were extremely rude. Collecting phone number and emails and getting told a NO on your face. Look heavily down if you don’t sell memberships or get name collection.

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. Please know that Harbor Freight Tools is dedicated to continuously improving our stores at all levels, and your feedback helps us do that. We greatly appreciate all your hard work in Huntington Park, and we wish you the best on your career journey!

7. 4.0

Good place to work

Feb 4, 2020 - Compusa in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours decent pay friendly staff good management paid time off

Cons

typical retail cons rude customers sometimes

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for being a part of the Harbor Freight team. We greatly value your hard work and look forward to watching you grow with us!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to work at, if you're willing to learn.

Jul 18, 2019 - Senior Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO (Paid time off you can cash into your next paycheck), great insurance (when you reach full-time or Senior) a great place to get a workout (if you're trying to get in shape *Safely!*). -You will meet all sorts of people from different backgrounds and perspectives with different methods and ways of learning -Every day is a different challenge, whether it's a POG (Plan-o-gram change, or a FFR AKA truck day) -Tools, tools and more tools you can possible make use of at a 20% discount! -Currently working with a reasonably solid leadership team (some are relatively new, but that's where the seniors come in and help keep them up to speed) -Great potential in earnings if you're willing to deal with impatient customers and strive to hit goals. -A great job for college students and part-timers who can handle themselves well.

Cons

While this may sound slightly off-key, some places are effected by demographics. Meaning you won't get the best of the best, but you can't expect anyone to be good at their job on their first day, good work ethic is made, not genetic. If one associate is having a difficult time, a good way to show that the job is of any benefit is to show them how to make it easier and lead by example. Honesty is one thing some people are afraid of when the topic is about management, the direct report for an associate to a Leader must be made much more clear, and concise to determine whether the LOD is being optimal and diplomatic with the team based on work load and scheduling. Which recently the new time-clock has proven to be a lot more strict, but the reasoning behind it is that people should arrive on time as scheduled. The Kronos App was developed to insure that you had the schedule at your disposal and yes it must be checked daily based on varying budgets, and other variables that may effect the schedule. The true con is the inflexibility of the individuals who are unable to adapt to the growing environment. It is unfortunate to watch good people go, and work with the incorrigible that draw negativity because of their own disposition, but to counteract that is to stay positive and lead by example. Again the true con is mentioning a problem, but not producing a solution.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us. We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your suggestions and ideas. Please know that we will consider your feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. We appreciate all of your continued hard work in Wilmington and look forward to watching you grow with the team!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Hard Work does pay off

Jul 9, 2019 - Sales Manager in Beaumont, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible scheduling, paid time off, never boring, you get to meet a lot of great people and your safety is a number one priority

Cons

No time off allowed during parking lot sales.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for trusting Harbor Freight Tools with your career for over 8 years. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will consider your suggestions in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thanks for your continued hard work in Beaumont! We're glad to have you on the team. 😃

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall decent company with a few flaws

Nov 4, 2019 - Logistics Associate in Amherst, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is easy-going and easy to work with Paid time off for part-time employees

Cons

4am start most days Short 4 hour shifts often Low pay starting at 12/hr

2 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your continued hard work and suggestions in helping us make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work. Thanks for all that you do! We look forward to watching you grow with us.

Viewing 21 - 30 of 110 Reviews