KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "paid time"

Updated Oct 24, 2021

Found 110 of over 2,192 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,151 Ratings

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "paid time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Hard Work does pay off

Jul 9, 2019 - Sales Manager in Beaumont, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible scheduling, paid time off, never boring, you get to meet a lot of great people and your safety is a number one priority

Cons

No time off allowed during parking lot sales.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for trusting Harbor Freight Tools with your career for over 8 years. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will consider your suggestions in our efforts of continuous improvement. Thanks for your continued hard work in Beaumont! We're glad to have you on the team. 😃

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good benefits

Jun 17, 2019 - Logistics Associate in Tupelo, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off, sick time,

Cons

Can be physical at times

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your benefits and appreciate all of your hard work. Looking forward to watching you grow with our team!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good pay. Childish environment.

May 29, 2019 - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay benefits sick pay paid time off

Cons

Childish bad manager hours are bad

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for trusting Harbor Freight Tools with your career for over 3 years. We have been working on continuously improving our stores at all levels, including management and hours. We wish you the best in your future career!

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the best place for part timers

May 21, 2019 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Sevierville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-commission available for specific sales. -they have a decent paid time off policy

Cons

they recently introduce some new policies surrounding the time clock. these same policies present the following problems. not enough time to complete tasks. often time they assigned one person to a single task and allow the time clock to judge how long the task should take. in my own experience, often their wasn't enough time to complete the task resulting in the fault being my own. even though i was rushing and cutting corners where i should not. this same policy likely does not account for cashier back up and customer interactions as well. making the task all the more difficult. their security policy conflicts with their attendance policy in certain circumstances. for example, if you were to attempt to call out in the morning before the store opens. the security policy demands that at least 2 people be present before the manager can go inside. this creates a conflict of interests. forcing the employee have it held against them regardless of the reason should they persist to stay out for the day. before i left, the store was understaffed, and while they are trying to hire more people, this creates scheduling errors and call ins. of which, can cause poor work/life balance even with the new time clock policy. this also has the opportunity to conflict with the new time clock policies. employees are informed to take breaks and lunches at specific times as instructed. however due to the aforementioned staffing issue, it's not always possible to do so. these issues sometimes resulted in me having to skip breaks and push my lunch back to complete assigned tasks and ensure their was appropriate coverage on the sales floor. my final point is the company advertises other benefits that are not made available to part time employees. but the posters and flyers mention nothing about this.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. Please know that we are dedicated to providing our associates with the best experience possible at Harbor Freight Tools. To do this, we have implemented some new time-keeping changes and we understand that it may take some time for our associates to adjust to them. Please know that we will share your feedback with the appropriate associates, as we value your input in making Harbor Freight a great place to work. We greatly appreciate all of your hard work in Sevierville and wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed feelings about harbor freight

May 2, 2019 - Logistics Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Paid time off, privately owned, and commision on non-merch sales

Cons

Too many things are handled by corporate. The stores and their employees can't do anything on their own. The store runs on an extreme by the book system, including scripts, planograms, and when you can and cant open and close tasks.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please know that we will consider your suggestions in our efforts of continuous improvement. We appreciate all of your hard work and look forward to watching you grow with the team!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent Starter Job

Apr 30, 2019 - Senior Logistics Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Base pay plus commission. - Reasonable amount of hours. - Keeps you busy. - Paid time off and sick time.

Cons

- Some tasks are impossible to complete. - High expectations relative to pay scale. - Low pay increases decrease morale and willingness to advance. - Odd hours and scheduling.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for trusting Harbor Freight Tools with your career for over 5 years. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like yourself. Please know that we regularly monitor and record feedback in our efforts of continuous improvement. We wish you the best in your future career!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not the best job

Apr 19, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off, good discount

Cons

Really push you to sell extended warranty plans, get customers email addresses, you cannot advance in the company, at least in the store where I worked. Manager kept putting me off when ever I tried talking to her about sr sales position.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like yourself. Please know that we value your feedback and that it is our goal to create a clear path to promotion for all of our associates. We encourage you to share your concerns with the HR Hotline at (800) 693-8377 or with myself directly at culture@harborfreight.com. Thank you for your continued hard work and we look forward to watching you grow with us!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Mar 17, 2019 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, paid time off

Cons

Always short staffed, computer system outdated

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that we will consider it in our efforts of continuous improvement. We wish you the best of luck in achieving your career goals!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Store manager

Oct 28, 2018 - Store Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

20% discount Full time employees earns 188 hours of paid time off in their first year. Huge growth opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

We don’t have enough great people working for us. Being the company is opening a new store every two days.

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for providing your feedback, and we agree that Harbor Freight Tools is growing very fast these days, but we can't be successful without great Associates like yourself. We appreciate your work with the team in Green Bay, and look forward to your career growth with us!

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Associate

Oct 1, 2018 - Sales Associate in Rothschild, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Commission -Paid Time off -Benefits -Relaxed scheduling -Doesn't drug test

Cons

-Follows SOP when it doesn't 100% work -Management doesn't like it when you notice they do something wrong - Sales Associates does truck when they're not supposed to so you have to be awake by 3:30am or 2:00am which is not right

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you very much for providing your detailed feedback regarding SOP. Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement at all levels which your feedback will be able to help us do. We appreciate your work in Rothschild, and look forward to your career growth with us!

Viewing 31 - 40 of 110 Reviews