KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

Found 128 of over 2,127 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,108 Ratings
Pros
  • "Monthly bonus, lots of paid time off(in 99 reviews)

• "And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very little monitoring of schedules by upper management (DM)(in 72 reviews)

• "Night shift, moderate work life balance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Jan 10, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good first time job experience. When I worked their I had a good manager that would work with you, as long as you did your job. Good benefits and pay if you manage to snag a full time position.

Cons

Very low hours during slow months, especially if your part time.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. At Harbor Freight, we believe in rewarding our employees who consistently dedicate themselves towards making the company successful. Thank you for your hard work at Harbor Freight and we wish you good luck in your career search!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wish I had started sooner

Dec 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is the best I have ever worked for. Everyone is willing to help one another and ensure that we have fun. The benefits are amazing and generous amount of PTO. Bonuses are monthly and I am highly impressed how great they are. Overall I wish I had come here a lot sooner in my career. I can truly say I hope I retire after 30+ years of service with this great company. I am an assistant manager now and hope to be a DM in 5 to 7 years.

Cons

The company is great overall. I wish that the company would offer Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance. With a lot of part time employees this would be a great benefit to offer. Many of my associates want to go to college but don't have the financial means to.

Director of People and Culture

We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates and we appreciate your positive feedback. At Harbor Freight, we reward hard work with great benefits that matter to our associates. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable, as we are continuing to evolve and grow as an organization. We look forward to seeing you grow and we thank you for your continued hard work in Goldsboro, NC.

3. 5.0

job position

Jan 22, 2021 - Sales Associate in Ludington, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people and company! love the environment and community

Cons

I wish there were some form of benefits for part-time employees.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hard-working associates like you. Although we may not offer health insurance to part-time employees, we do offer an Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off benefits to all associates. We also offer a total rewards program to all of our associates, which includes several perks and discounts. Thank you for your continued hard work in Ludington, MI!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a Career

Dec 13, 2020 - Logistics Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance 401k Pto (when you can use it) Coworkers

Cons

Lack of Technology No store pick up/ship to store Too many coupon exclusions Scheduling Stockrooms are too small for product size Most stores do not have a dock Communication from the top Processes need to be improved Expect part time people to have full time availability Sick time policy 0 work life balance if you carry keys you’ll live there High turnover Pressure to make sales and other goals

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work and that means learning every step of the way. We believe in putting people first and creating a work/life balance for all our associates. In terms of scheduling, we give our associates visibility to their schedules 2 weeks ahead of time. If our associates have any concerns in regards to their schedule, we encourage them to speak with their manager. As an organization, we continuously invest in and build our technology, ecommerce, inventory, and merchandising which is why we greatly appreciate the feedback we receive from all our customers as well as associates. If you would like to further discuss your concerns with us, please email us at culture@harborfreight.com. Thank you for your time at Harbor Freight. We wish you the best in your career journey!

5. 4.0

N/A

Jan 19, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Hours for part time employees

Cons

Understaffing sometimes happens on the weekend

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We depend on all of our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we greatly appreciate all that you do! Please know that we are always working hard to continuously improve as we grow. We value our associates, their ideas, suggestions, and becoming a great place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work in Arlington, TX!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work.

Nov 29, 2020 - Retail Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay are above average.

Cons

Turnover is above average mostly due to part time positions.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We could not accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like yourself! At Harbor Freight, we are devoted to providing great benefits and competitive pay for all of our associates. We depend on all of our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we greatly appreciate all that you do!

7. 3.0

Weekly Hours

Dec 27, 2020 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool managers, rules aren’t strict, easy job

Cons

Part time associates should at least receive 30h a week rather <25h.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to have you on the team and appreciate all that you do. Here at Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work life balance for all our associates. Please note that we are continuously improving by listening to the feedback provided by our team. In fact, we provide associates visibility to their schedules 2 weeks ahead of time. We encourage our associates to reach out to their managers with concerns about their schedules within that period of time. For any other concerns, please reach out to your HR Partner. Thank you for your continued hard work at Harbor Freight!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities and awesome work environment.

Jun 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and quarterly raises! Really good benefits packages and many opportunities to sprint up the chain. This company has been an amazing blessing and it’s growing FAST! Great place where work doesn’t feel like work. I love this company. And they ACTUALLY value you as an asset to the business from part time associates to management.

Cons

Employee discount could be better

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates! We’re glad to hear you are enjoying your benefits and we agree that we value our associates above all else. Thank you for your continued hard work in Porterville, CA!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Accessing paycheck stubs

Feb 24, 2020 - Sales Associate in Largo, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any pros working for this company.

Cons

They hired me for part time and without asking me they scheduled me for 14 straight days, 10 hours a day. I came into work one day having the flu and they were going to make me work. Is that even legal? I have been trying to get access to my paycheck stubs, but since I no longer work there I cannot get on the site. Does anyone know how I can get copies of my 3 paycheck stubs? I have been trying for a month now, this is ridiculous. Also, the management staff gets to take hour long lunch breaks while their employees get a half hour. The management expects their employees to work twice as hard as them. I have no respect to work under management that does not work as hard as myself.

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate all of your hard work and are happy to help you get copies of your paychecks. You can reach out to payroll@harborfreight.com to do this, and we’ve also shared your comments with the appropriate HR associates. Our associates can see their schedules two weeks in advance and will receive overtime for any shift exceeding 8 hours. By law, hourly associates are required to take a 30-minute lunch break depending on the hours worked and they also accrue sick hours from the day they start. If an associate ever needs additional support, they can reach out to their HR Partner or the HR Hotline. Thanks again for sharing, and we wish you the best in your career path!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my career with HFtools

Nov 10, 2019 - Logistics Supervisor in Columbus, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greatest challenge I have ever experienced in My career history. I look forward to each moment that I am there supporting our Management team.

Cons

I would like our part time associates to work a minimum of 20 hrs a week. I obsess in building a team of high- achievers, optimizing talent that is proficient in the execution of all operational processes. Constantly ensuring a rewarding experience to every customer that I serve. All efforts to deliver a rewarding experience for part time associates seem to go in vein as each individually express their disappointment concerning the lack of hours they each receive...

1 person found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your continued hard work and are happy to hear you're enjoying working at Harbor Freight Tools. We value our associates' suggestions and ideas, and we'll consider your comments in our efforts of continuously improving our stores. We also encourage you to reach out to your Store Manager or District Manager to share your thoughts. Thanks again for your feedback and for continuing to deliver value to our hardworking customers. We look forward to watching you grow with the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews