KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Oct 24, 2021

Found 150 of over 2,192 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,151 Ratings

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Jan 10, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good first time job experience. When I worked their I had a good manager that would work with you, as long as you did your job. Good benefits and pay if you manage to snag a full time position.

Cons

Very low hours during slow months, especially if your part time.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. At Harbor Freight, we believe in rewarding our employees who consistently dedicate themselves towards making the company successful. Thank you for your hard work at Harbor Freight and we wish you good luck in your career search!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Part Time

Feb 25, 2021 - Logistics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours for part time

Cons

None at the current time

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hard-working customers and we’re grateful for all that you do. Thank you for your continued hard work and we’re glad to have you on the team!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

best retail company i have worked for

Jan 28, 2021 - Logistics Manager in Wareham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

best retail company i have worked for. great communication between cooperate and managers.

Cons

seems to be alot of turn around with part time staff

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hard-working associates. At Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves in having a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work/life balance for all of our associates. We would not be successful in doing so without constant communication between all team mates. Thank you for your continued hard work in Wareham, MA and we greatly appreciate your feedback!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Flexible and Easy

Feb 3, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent wage -Nice management -Free snacks and beverages

Cons

-Part time -Not a long term job

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be a great place to work and that means learning as we grow and evolve, every step of the way. We want you to know that your feedback is valuable as we continue to improve. Thank you for your hard work in Harbor Freight and we wish you the best in your career journey!

5. 5.0

job position

Jan 22, 2021 - Sales Associate in Ludington, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people and company! love the environment and community

Cons

I wish there were some form of benefits for part-time employees.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hard-working associates like you. Although we may not offer health insurance to part-time employees, we do offer an Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off benefits to all associates. We also offer a total rewards program to all of our associates, which includes several perks and discounts. Thank you for your continued hard work in Ludington, MI!

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a Career

Dec 13, 2020 - Logistics Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance 401k Pto (when you can use it) Coworkers

Cons

Lack of Technology No store pick up/ship to store Too many coupon exclusions Scheduling Stockrooms are too small for product size Most stores do not have a dock Communication from the top Processes need to be improved Expect part time people to have full time availability Sick time policy 0 work life balance if you carry keys you’ll live there High turnover Pressure to make sales and other goals

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like you. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work and that means learning every step of the way. We believe in putting people first and creating a work/life balance for all our associates. In terms of scheduling, we give our associates visibility to their schedules 2 weeks ahead of time. If our associates have any concerns in regards to their schedule, we encourage them to speak with their manager. As an organization, we continuously invest in and build our technology, ecommerce, inventory, and merchandising which is why we greatly appreciate the feedback we receive from all our customers as well as associates. If you would like to further discuss your concerns with us, please email us at culture@harborfreight.com. Thank you for your time at Harbor Freight. We wish you the best in your career journey!

7. 4.0

N/A

Jan 19, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Arlington, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Hours for part time employees

Cons

Understaffing sometimes happens on the weekend

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We depend on all of our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we greatly appreciate all that you do! Please know that we are always working hard to continuously improve as we grow. We value our associates, their ideas, suggestions, and becoming a great place to work. Thank you for your continued hard work in Arlington, TX!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work.

Nov 29, 2020 - Retail Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and pay are above average.

Cons

Turnover is above average mostly due to part time positions.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We could not accomplish all that we do without hardworking associates like yourself! At Harbor Freight, we are devoted to providing great benefits and competitive pay for all of our associates. We depend on all of our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we greatly appreciate all that you do!

9. 3.0

Weekly Hours

Dec 27, 2020 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool managers, rules aren’t strict, easy job

Cons

Part time associates should at least receive 30h a week rather <25h.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to have you on the team and appreciate all that you do. Here at Harbor Freight, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work with a culture that celebrates collaboration, community, and a work life balance for all our associates. Please note that we are continuously improving by listening to the feedback provided by our team. In fact, we provide associates visibility to their schedules 2 weeks ahead of time. We encourage our associates to reach out to their managers with concerns about their schedules within that period of time. For any other concerns, please reach out to your HR Partner. Thank you for your continued hard work at Harbor Freight!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Accessing paycheck stubs

Feb 24, 2020 - Sales Associate in Largo, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any pros working for this company.

Cons

They hired me for part time and without asking me they scheduled me for 14 straight days, 10 hours a day. I came into work one day having the flu and they were going to make me work. Is that even legal? I have been trying to get access to my paycheck stubs, but since I no longer work there I cannot get on the site. Does anyone know how I can get copies of my 3 paycheck stubs? I have been trying for a month now, this is ridiculous. Also, the management staff gets to take hour long lunch breaks while their employees get a half hour. The management expects their employees to work twice as hard as them. I have no respect to work under management that does not work as hard as myself.

Director of People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We greatly appreciate all of your hard work and are happy to help you get copies of your paychecks. You can reach out to payroll@harborfreight.com to do this, and we’ve also shared your comments with the appropriate HR associates. Our associates can see their schedules two weeks in advance and will receive overtime for any shift exceeding 8 hours. By law, hourly associates are required to take a 30-minute lunch break depending on the hours worked and they also accrue sick hours from the day they start. If an associate ever needs additional support, they can reach out to their HR Partner or the HR Hotline. Thanks again for sharing, and we wish you the best in your career path!

Viewing 21 - 30 of 150 Reviews