KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Harbor Freight Tools

Engaged Employer

Harbor Freight Tools

Add a Review

Harbor Freight Tools Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 10, 2021

Found 81 of over 2,206 reviews

3.7
Harbor Freight Tools CEO Eric Smidt
Eric Smidt
1,152 Ratings
Pros
  • "Paid time off for every employee(in 110 reviews)

• "Good pay cares about their employees(in 97 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salary work life balance needs work(in 87 reviews)

• "I wish there were some form of benefits for part-time employees(in 84 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harbor Freight Tools and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Place To Work.

May 16, 2021 - Store Manager in Glendale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Opportunities to move up. Home/Work Balance.

Cons

Incompetent Upper Management. Right place, right time promotions.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from our hardworking associates. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. At Harbor Freight, we are committed to improving at all levels, including management. Our goal is to be the best place to work by listening to our associates every step of the way and learning as we grow and evolve as an organization. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partners or you may email me at culture@harborfreight.com if you have any concerns to share. Thank you for your continued hard work in Glendale, AZ and we’re glad to have you on the team!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great Benefits, Terrible HR

Nov 10, 2021 - Supervisor in Uniontown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing insurance rates and coverage. Pay is great, if store is ran correctly.

Cons

My store had terrible upper management . That led to a very poor working atmosphere.

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Our goal is to build a working environment where our associates have the opportunity to flourish and succeed. We are committed to building a great place to work by listening to associate feedback and improving at all levels, including management. Your feedback will help us do that. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners regarding any concerns and we will share your comments with them. Thank you for your hard work in Uniontown, PA and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company, Horrible Upper Management

Oct 29, 2021 - Sales Manager in Springfield, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of employees to work with. Great pay.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. They only care about themselves and there bonus. They tell you non stop how horrible you are and never have anything positive to say. They make you feel absolutely worthless as an employee.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and for all of your hard work over the years. We take pride in our People First culture, and we believe in creating an environment where our associates have the opportunities to flourish and succeed. We are committed to improving at all levels, including management. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR Partner with your concerns and continue providing us your feedback as we strive to be the best place to work. Your comments here will also be shared with the appropriate HR Partners. Thank you for being an important part of our Springfield, OH team, and we look forward to seeing you grow!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Oct 13, 2021 - Logistics Supervisor in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

People and pay are good

Cons

Minimal training, VERY early mornings, upper management unwilling to listen or provide assistance

Be the first to find this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we are grateful for all that you do. At Harbor Freight, we believe in rewarding hard work and we believe our associates learn many valuable skills and information at our organization. Our goal is to be the best place to work by continuously improving at all levels, including management. We encourage you to talk to your HR Partners if you have any concerns to share. We will forward your comments to the appropriate HR Partners. Thank you for your continued hard work in Parsippany, NJ and we look forward to seeing you grow!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not worth it

Sep 7, 2021 - Store Manager in Duncanville, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits here are great.

Cons

No work life balance. Company’s logistics of getting freight to the stores causes most of the problems. Always short handed because of company’s attendance policies. HR will not let you hold someone accountable for multiple offenses. But they will terminate someone on a 1st offense of lesser merit. At the same time all upper management above store level mange out of fear and compliance instead of trust and commitment. No matter how good of a job you do, how hard you work, or obstacles you over come, you never get told you did a good job if you are lucky you will here it on your review.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for dedicating over 4 years of your hard work. We rely on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. At Harbor Freight, our goal is to be the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. We are committed to improving at all levels, including management. We understand that our culture may not be the right fit for everyone but we pride ourselves on creating an environment where our associates have the opportunity to flourish and succeed. We are committed to creating a work/life balance for all our associates and we highly encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners if they have any concerns to share. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate HR Partners. Thank you for your hard work in Duncanville, TX and we wish you the best in your career journey!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best for people with no family

Aug 1, 2021 - Assistant Store Manager in Corpus Christi, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting pay. Decent benefits. Store discount . Earned PTO. Payed holidays. Privately owned company.

Cons

Over worked , under appreciated. Unbalanced home/work life. Outdated retail technology. Not as employee positive as promised. Upper management disconnect. Supply chain broken .

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. Our goal is to be the best place to work and your feedback will help us do that. As an organization, we are committed to improving at all levels, including management, and we believe in creating a work/life balance for all associates. We highly encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners if they have any concerns to share. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate HR Partners. Thank you for your hard work in Corpus Christi, TX and we wish you the best in your career journey!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nice Retail Job with Good Benefits

Jun 22, 2021 - Logistics Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Harbor Freight for about 7 years starting as a part time cashier and working my way up to Supervisor. They offer a competitive wage and PTO as well as health benefits and 401k for full time. Not an overly difficult job, warehouse position is more physical labor, cashier is more sales oriented.

Cons

As a cashier you have to ask customers a million questions which obviously annoys them.you ask for their phone number, if they receive the coupons, if they want to add an email, if they want a warranty, if they want a membership, if they want to apply for a credit card. There should be a simpler message for it. And they want you to use a specific script and they take the script part way too seriously and get freaked out if you go off script which everyone does because customers prefer real and engaging conversations. My store had a tendency to overlook upper management who didn’t want to work but sit in the office all day getting paid more money and having the supervisors cover all of the work (then wonder why tasks weren’t getting done) I think you’ll find this happens in most retail jobs. Unrealistic expectations As a supervisor certain things were expected to get completed. On paper our store was over staffed yet we hardly ever had anyone working which prevents us from ever getting 100% of tasks done. They don’t give adequate help but give you a mountain of stuff to do and no realistic way to do it.

Director of People and Culture

First, we would like to thank you for dedicating over 7 years of your career to Harbor Freight. We would not be able to achieve all that we do without hardworking associates like you. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. As an organization, we are committed to doing the right thing. We believe in creating a work/life balance for all our associates. We strive to be the best pace to work through continuous improvement at all levels, including management. Please know that our policies and procedures are designed to keep our associates safe. We have heard similar responses from our associates regarding scheduling and we assure you that we are continuously working to improve in this area. We always encourage our associates to reach out to their HR Partners if they have any concerns to share. Your comments will be shared with the right HR Partners. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the best in your career journey!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

So-So Experience

May 12, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Brookfield, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Relatively Easy Job, Good Benefits

Cons

Low Compensation, Physically Demanding, Super Aggressive Timeframes to Complete Tasks, Poor Upper Management, Company Based in California hasn't figured out that they have stores in other time zones/weather conditions.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of People and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We would not be able to accomplish all that we do without hardworking leaders like you. We depend on all our associates to bring value to our hardworking customers and we’re thankful for all you do. Our goal is to be a great place to work for all our associates. At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else. We value who you are, what you’ve experienced and how you see the world. We believe our differences can make us stronger. Your feedback will be valuable as it will help us in our efforts of continuous improvement. We highly encourage our associates to reach out and connect with their HR Partners if they have any concerns. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate HR Partner. Thank you for your hard work in Brookfield, CT and we wish you the best in your career journey!

9. 2.0