Harbor Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Walter Miranda

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Harbor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Harbor Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Harbor is a forward-thinking company that is growing quickly, which is an exciting thing to be apart of! The company has a family-like atmosphere and is always improving. Great people to work with and lots of room to grow in the company.

Cons

Growing company - processes are still being improved but that means you can help make an impact.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you have had a great experience working for Harbor Industries! Our goal is to be continually improving, so your feedback is crucial to that... More

"Innovative and fast-paced retail design company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Harbor Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Harbor is a fast-paced company in a demanding industry. It's not just a design agency, and it's not just a manufacturing plant. I really enjoy working for Harbor because I get to see a project through from design ideation to in-store installation. I've also been given many training opportunities through Harbor - they value their employees and want to see them succeed.

Cons

Working for Harbor is like working for a successful and quickly growing startup - you have to be ready to adapt and take on new tasks. If you don't have a team player attitude and you're not willing to work late to see a project through to completion every once in a while, this isn't the company for you.

Jan 31, 2019 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are happy to hear that enjoy working for Harbor Industries. We aim to create a great working environment and we will continue to make sure our employees feel... More

3. "Harbor Industries"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Harbor Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview and hiring process with Harbor went well. Their team kept me up to date about the steps in the process the entire time, and I felt welcomed from the second that I accepted the offer. The environment is exciting and fast-paced, but still is employee focused. There is a lot of growth happening at Harbor, which makes it a great time to be a part of the company.

Cons

None so far!

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you love working for Harbor Industries. We will continue to support our employees and make our organization a great place to work!

4. "Why are people still leaving if it's so great"

Pros

Four day work week is good

Cons

The people still aren't being treated well.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you had this experience while employed with us. We have recently undergone many changes and we are in the process of improving various facets of... More

5. "Harbor is under an entirely new management team which has rebuilt the culture based on trust and integrity."

I have been working at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Harbor's organizational character is built on trust and transparency. The company has a clear vision for growth and recognizes it's people and entrepreneurial spirit are it's greatest assets.

Cons

The company is experiencing explosive growth and transformation. Not a place for those looking for complacency.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example and push Critical Thinking.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you love working for Harbor Industries. We will continue to support our employees and leadership to ensure we make our organization a great... More

6. "Don't go down with a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Many Roles in Charlevoix, MI
    Former Employee - Many Roles in Charlevoix, MI

I worked at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a good company that took care of employees.

Cons

Little to no chance of advancement. No value of skills or knowledge. Chronic layoffs and then crazy overtime which shows a complete lack of planning.

Advice to Management

Pretty much all management there needs to be gone. Management by intimidation went out with the 1950's and so should they.

Sep 6, 2018 – President

This is an old review... Harbor was purchased from previous regime 3.5 years ago and become an amazing company.

7. "Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Charlevoix, MI
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Charlevoix, MI

I have been working at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management is open minded, willing to listen to new ideas.

Cons

Weak salary for experience & skills.

Dec 14, 2018 – HR Recruitment Generalist

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, and are happy you appreciate that quality in our management team, as well. We are doing our best here at Harbor... More

8. "Toxic"

Former Employee - N/A in Charlevoix, MI
    Former Employee - N/A in Charlevoix, MI

I worked at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

4 day work week, the friendships made over the years. knowing that more and more people are leaving and moving on to much better things where they are respected and appreciated by their employer.

Cons

management is very toxic and destructive. No raises in 6 years. No bonuses in 6 years. They have taken away everything from employees. Women are let go all the time. hardly any women work there anymore. mostly men. supervisors lie and backstab employees and make up lies to get rid of people.

Advice to Management

Karma. What goes around comes around. you will not succeed as a company until all the toxic people on the top are gone. Admit to employees you are having financial issues instead of lying and starting rumors. you all need to take a lesson on how to treat people and don't think you cant lose your job, because anywhere else you would of been gone a long time ago.

Sep 6, 2018 – President

This is an old review... Harbor was purchased from old regime 3.5 years ago and has become an amazing organization.

9. "This is why unions were created!"

Former Employee - Several in Charlevoix, MI
    Former Employee - Several in Charlevoix, MI

I worked at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Only some of the people that actually work on the production floor... People have actually woke up and after years of working there, have left for better employment..

Cons

Very toxic work environment. not treated well at all. treated as you don't matter. Raises, bonuses, benefits cut, nothing given in over 5 years.

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your people. changes need to be made in management otherwise failure will be knocking on the door. Morale is Horrible. Noone dares to ask employees how they are doing. It's terrible!

This is an old review !

"Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Grand Haven, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Grand Haven, MI

I worked at Harbor Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I liked the people I worked with, mostly good people who care about others and doing a good job. Lots of community involvment.

Cons

Upper management stopped caring about the workers, and only cares for them self and the bottom line. No raises, cuts in pay, reductions to benefits, no incentive to work hard.

Advice to Management

start taking care of your workers, both factory and office.

Sep 6, 2018 – President

This is an old review prior to purchase and reinvention !