Harbor Retirement Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company really cares about its employees and our residents. Big on giving back and making sure we're the employer of choice. Growing company, amazing potential for advancement. Good Benefits, generous PTO and 401K. Innovative employer with leaders who consistently think outside of the box and who know what works and what doesn't.

Cons

None that I can think of. Very transparent employer who gives and expects trust from its employees. If you're not programmed to naturally exert a hospitable demeanor, you might find it challenging to work here, because hospitality is paramount.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You have an amazing mission with a truly bright future ahead of us. Great place to work!

"Harbor Chase"

Current Employee - Waitstaff in Venice, FL
    Current Employee - Waitstaff in Venice, FL

Pros

They follow my strict availability

Cons

For such little pay they expect a great deal from their staff and are always short handed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people for all of the departments and in some departments new directors may be necessary.

"Poor management great clients"

I worked at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time

Pros

Getting to spend time with the Seniors

Cons

Poor client-employee ratio. High turnover rate. Heavy workload for little pay

Advice to Management

Be cautious of who you hire for administration. Everyone isn't there to help the right people

"Case Manager"

I worked at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time

Pros

Great environment, residents are great and easy to get along with.

Cons

Hours, management doesn't want to work with you and employees either calling out and/or not showing up.

"Exponential growth"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The growth of the company and the employee is linked and this growth curve has been growing exponentially in the upward direction. There are career opportunities well suited for each and every individual working in the company and environment is highly cooperative and dynamic which results in highly proficient and quality work to be produced

Cons

Competition sometimes runs on the course of unhealthy competition and that should be avoided at any cost.

Advice to Management

Create a healthy work environment for employees to work in.

"dont do it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

you eventually built relationships with the residents

Cons

treatment of residents sucked. all departments overworked and underpaid .

"Regional Operations Director and COO"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that walks the walk. We are recruited as servant leaders and are respected but challenged to achieve excellence. The best part is that the focus is on creating best days for our residents which means the staff gets to have a lot of fun at work.

Cons

I am in a new community and the only con is that we have to many restaurant choices for lunch!

Advice to Management

Increase internal promotions by offering advance training to management level staff.

"Mediocre at best"

I have been working at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will make many friends among residents if you excel at your job and time spent with them will often be enjoyable. I love the actual work and the people I come into contact with and now only stay because I genuinely feel I am one of the last people here looking out for their best interests and not just fishing for their rent money.

Cons

The company policy generally goes entirely against it's advertised values. Every department is almost always understaffed. Most entry level positions don't even compete with local fast food chains in terms of pay. Corporate execs often expect to get better treatment than the residents, right in front of residents, leaving the rest of us to deal with the complaints when residents feel their money is going toward corporate luncheons for the fun of it. You'll get all the hours you want here cause few others are willing to work them.

Advice to Management

Cut your own salaries when it comes time to discuss budget. Take care of the staff you have directly taking care of these residents for you and doing the heavy lifting that earns you those salaries. The business model you are currently following will fail until you reflect the values that you advertise yourselves, rather than just expect those values from those you employ. It's worth noting that in every instance I've been able to interact with Tim Smick, owner, he has been a fair example of what the rest of his company should be. Conversely, his COO displays no respect whatsoever toward anyone outside of management the way Tim does and I only wish his corporate team displayed his level of character.

"Harbor Chase is a struggle"

Current Employee - Host in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Host in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Harbor Retirement Associates part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers that stay long-term are awesome
    Good benefits

Cons

Often times, management has no idea what they are doing
    Management takes advantage of hourly worker
    Management frequently lies to employees about "insufficeint funds"
    High turnover rate of hourly workers

Advice to Management

Start treating hourly workers better
    Stop lying to workers

"DON'T WORK HERE"

I worked at Harbor Retirement Associates full-time

Pros

NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE

Cons

From the minute you walked thru those front doors you are greeted by a bipolar receptionist and then the most unfriendliest group of people EVER!!! the HR dept is unprofessional and makes racial and religious comments. The are bible thumpers.. read their website under leaders OMG really.. they hold bible class every monday and if you do not attend they look down on you.. This is ran by teh CEO. they moto is NO because they are not working in this century.. they are working a company like 10 years ago. their employees are thieves and backstabbers.

Advice to Management

OPEN YOUR FLIPPIN EYES! YOUR HR DEPT IS A LAWSUIT READY TO EXPLODE.