KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

N/A

Feb 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

Can be more efficient with its process

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Appreciate the thumbs up on culture and work life balance - We take what we do very seriously and find an amazing way of having fun while we do it. Hoping you are able to stay in touch with co-workers as I often the friendships made while working with us carry on for a very long time. Always interested in ways to improve our processes / feel free to find me to find me if you ever want to share some of what you saw to improve them!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Behind the Times on Most Everything

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers, good people. Some in upper management really do care and are open to positive change.

Cons

Long time employees control the company and loathe change. It holds the company back and makes things more difficult on staff.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Really appreciate the feedback on this one. Yes I really do care about our employees which is why I take each and every interaction as a chance to make positive change looking towards the future of our company. Greatest strengths of Credit Unions or any company is the longevity of employees and the greatest weakness of Credit Unions or any company is the longevity of employees in certain key areas. Grapevine is definitely a go to source for information - although it is not always 100% accurate, it does often contain another avenue to learn what's going on so an employee can seek out the correct answers.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid company, but need to get out of their comfort zone.

Jan 19, 2021 - Current Employee in Lakewood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good hours, great benefits, and friendly coworkers.

Cons

No ability to telecommute due to lack of infrastructure in place even though this is something that has been around for years. Technology is 2-3 years behind the industry at least.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Appreciate the feedback and words of wisdom as it is always a work in progress to achieve the balance we need for success. It sounds like we are doing really, really well on providing a great company overall for our employees and appreciate that. It also sounds like we need to continue looking for ways to meet the needs of an ever changing workforce. I am here as needed to continue the conversation in building out a better tomorrow when / where we can!

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

good company

Oct 15, 2020 - Branch Manager in Bonney Lake, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company and great culture throughout

Cons

bad communication and process streamlined

HR Administrator/Recruiter

It appears we did not do so well on this position. I am hoping that the exit interview helped to point us in the right direction so we can work towards improving the pinch points on communication and where we can streamline some processes.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great benefits and culture

Feb 10, 2020 - Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, future thinking, opportunity to promote immediately, cares about family life, lots of benefits like mortgage discount.

Cons

High turnover in teller position, always feel short staffed which puts more on you, hours unpleasant and early meetings put you at 10hr days, lunches put you into your 6th hour almost daily.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Great feedback and hoping that we have been doing a bit better over the last year as we have been making some process improvements to staffing models. Tellers are the face of our organization and the smile that our members come to know when they visit our branches. The famous walk a mile in another's shoes is always a great reminder for us to never forget those helping our membership.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Leader and data enthusiast

Jul 29, 2019 - Data Analytics Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment and great people

Cons

Not as much money as I am used to

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Our people are the greatest asset we have and one of the most important pieces of our culture. The money usually increases as an employee demonstrates the ability to perform in their role. Often times our staff mentions how nice it is to only have to work a 40 hour week versus a 50, 60 or more like their former employer. We want staff to enjoy time away from the office and enjoy their time while in the office!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for starters

Mar 14, 2019 - Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in the credit union is very friendly. They offer tuition reimbursement which is really nice - I believe it is 2k a year for full-time employees. They are willing to work with your schedule so the work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

Training is not exactly great... A lot of the things I learned was from on the job so, often times I had to learn the hard way which the membership didn't appreciate. Communication from the training team wasn't great either. Often times you found out that you were training a new employee a couple of days before they actually arrived so getting materials ready and making sure that your team knew was a little difficult but doable.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

We always appreciate the feedback from current / former staff as it helps us get a feel for the pulse of what is going on with our most important assets, our staff. One of our most requested employee benefits is the ability to continue schooling or take classes for personal growth. Based on this feedback from our employees we are excited to announce that starting in 2019 the Educational Reimbursement or Tuition Assistance as it is often called has been increased to $5k for full time staff and goes even higher for Graduate Programs. If this is an item that you could benefit from as an employee and would like inquire about additional benefits offerings that HCU has, please contact our HR Team!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Contact Center Representative

Oct 22, 2017 - Contact Center Representative in Lakewood, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great products, makes it easy to promote them. Training really takes time to absorb the subject matter so you be knowledgeable with members.

Cons

If you are in the contact center, you cannot transfer departments. Unwilling to reemploy if you left and want to come back.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Appreciate the positive feedback on the products we design for our members. Our training group will be pleased to hear of your positive experience. Depending on the situation we have many employees who have left and then returned to us at a later date. We encourage former employees to apply for any positions they are qualified for and reach out directly with any questions on their particular situation.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Having your own work family

Jun 12, 2017 - Teller in Tacoma, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Huge emphasis on bringing the community together, as well as being a community within the organization.

Cons

Boring to not have anything to do when it's not busy.

HR Administrator/Recruiter

We really do place a huge amount of value on being a trusted partner and responsible lender within the communities we serve. It is our branch staff that make this magic happen as they are the faces of our company and the faces of our communities. We would not be who we are without our dedicated, hardworking employees. Plus, a little downtime when its not busy is always a good thing. It helps to balance out those busy days.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

FSR 1

Jul 27, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

These are the upsides to working at this credit union there are a lot of options on which that these items can show some improvements

Cons

I feel like there are a few opportunis that need to be addressed with in this company and with teh positions within the company that need to be looked into further

HR Administrator/Recruiter

Room for improvement can be a good thing in most cases and we definitely would want to hear from our staff on any ideas they have to help make us a better company for our members and staff. We have an open door approach from Senior Executive Staff all the way down to branch level and would welcome suggestions for improvement. Some suggestions we can make happen rather easily and some suggestions will take more consideration.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews