Hardee's Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder
Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Love customer service and having fun (in 16 reviews)

• Pretty flexible hours, felt like I was actually doing work, trained adequately (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • It was minimum wage, so nothing to sneeze at but better than nothing (in 17 reviews)

• Long hours on your feet with little chance for a break (in 15 reviews)

"My first job, but certainly not my last..."

Current Employee - Casher, and Well Pretty Much Everything Else Half the Time in Clinton, TN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

all very nice staff............except one shift leader, very disppointing.

Cons

Customers asked me, "Are you the only one working in there? Looks like you need help" A shift leader has taken my kindness for granted. I have been teased for the last time, yelled at for doing my job, told to hurry up-for breaking my back as fast as I can handle. Hardees in Clinton is an overall good first job, but employment needs a HUUUUUUGE change. They need hardworking, welcoming, dedicated employees...like me. I can no longer handle the stress. My two weeks notice is official and this girl is moving on with her life.

Advice to Management

REVIEW review CHECK ON check on Take A CLOSER look at the Clinton Hardees, because not "everyone" is doing there share of the work.<<<<<<======

2. "Horrible work environment"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

People, work, pay, just about everything

"Long hours, no breaks, and most unprofessional managers I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time

Pros

Good food. A few good co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, gm refuses to give breaks, most unprofessional managers that bad mouth their hard-working employees and keep the bad ones. Horrible!!

Advice to Management

Grow up and manage instead of bad mouthing people! Help your employees rather than get mad or do nothing. Give people breaks before you lose all of your good employees!

"Crappy Management"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hazard, KY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hazard, KY

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place

Cons

Management is crazy and no good

Advice to Management

Get a grip and quit treating employees like crap.

"Very uncaring upper management."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.

7. "shift manager"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Boaz, AL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Boaz, AL

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great crew to work with

Cons

you are promised a bonus if u make all service times, and food cost and labor only to find out that you have to be a manager so long before you get it so the other people get the bonus for your hard work. The assistant manager and general manager come in and leave when they want but make sure they are there when the higher ups come in. The pay sucks and you have to do every thing the assistant manager gets paid to do for 8.00hr. have to be there a year before you get insurance then it is a third of your pay with a 5000 dollar deductible. have to travel for meetings and classes up to 60 miles away and don't get paid mileage or drive time. you get handed a lot of empty promises.

8. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Hardee's (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers and great food

Cons

Tremendous amount of stress just to be a cashier

9. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Newport News, VA

Pros

Discount food
    Great shift
    small team
    good work out

Cons

High Stress level job
    low pay

Advice to Management

dont expect new pepole tp know everything the first few weeks

"Support Staff Manager in St. Louis, MO"

Current Employee - Support Staff Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Support Staff Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fear and intimidation, that is the CEO's management style.

If you want to work for a good company, be respected in your position, get paid well and expect good benefits then you should NOT apply for Hardee's Food Systems. Use this info as a four alarm warning.

There is not one single pro item about this horrific company.

Cons

- NO 401K company match

- No company stock options

- No bonus of any kind, ever

- Worst insurance package available, very expensive that covers little although the executives give themselves great insurance 100% paid for by the employees.

- The company will not pay for the employee's parking ($130 per month) in the building garage. Of course the CEO and his executive staff's parking are paid by the company.

- CEO and his staff are the very worst of the worst, greedy with an outright hatred of their corporate employees. It shows, believe me, all the corporate employees are aware of the CEO's outright contempt of the corporate employees. We all are aware of the CEO's words and actions, no hiding from that.

- CEO and staff are wage thiefs, stealing employees 401K company match and giving back nothing in return. There is no refuting this fact.
    The CEO and his executive staff have made themselves rich by stealing the employees 401K company match.

- Working in the STL office is like constantly walking on eggshells, waiting to be the next to be fired. All employees are scared of upper management and the CEO wants it that way. At termination, there is NO severance pay, only the unused vacation days are paid to the terminated employee.

- Upper management values no one, not one single employee. They constantly look for opportunities to terminate long term employees to replace them with lower paid workers. Employee morale in the St. Louis corporate office is as low as can be, rock bottom.

- The greedy CEO demands to move the entire St. Louis corporate office to Tennessee so that he may enrich himself with no state taxes while terminating most of the corporate employees in the St. Louis office. Most of the St. Louis office corporate employees will not transfer to the future Tennessee corporate office because this company treats the employees so terribly that it is not desirous to except a transfer with the company. All the St. Louis corporate employees are desperately seeking other employment.

- Every single employee in the St. Louis corporate office understands and agrees that the CEO and his staff are a group of greedy,
    incompetent and arrogant knuckle-daggers that can only manage through fear and intimidation. The executive staff make sure that there are no good feelings for the corporate employees. No one leaves in the afternoon feeling good about the company and the executive staff like it that way.

- Salary raises are infrequent, about every three to four years. Mostly 1% to 1.5%.

- The company has been sold twice in the last three years, after the CEO failed with an initial IPO. The company is not on solid financial footing. The company is now owned by Roark Capital Investments. Roark now owns 17 QSR chains. Hardee's Food Systems and CKE are the only company owned by Roark that does not match 401K or provide anything at all for the employee's future. Again, this is simple wage theft by upper management.

- Most companies like to tout the fact that their employees are their most valued asset. The opposite is true with Hardee's Food Systems. The executive staff and especially the CEO Andy Puzder go out of their way to tell the corporate employees that are not valued in any way.
    The CEO has sent out several messages that the corporate employees are all replaceable. So how would you like to work for this guy?

- Most CEO's have a Q and A session with the employees at least yearly if not quarterly. Not with Hardee's Food Systems, the CEO will not even speak to corporate employees, much less make himself available for Q and A's. The guy talks tough to his employees, but is a bit of a coward when faced with an awkward question. He uses his executive staff to fend off any employee seeking answers. How is that for openness and honesty? I have been here 14 years and the CEO has not had one meet and greet or taken questions from corporate employees.

- Could go on further but I hope anyone seriously considering employment with Hardee's Food Systems will reconsider. There is no future for employees with this company, just more pain and humiliation form the executive team and CEO Andy Puzder.

- The company is rated by Morningstar as one of the least generous large companies to work for in the entire U.S. Let that soak in for a moment, do you really want to work for a company that the CEO brags about his non-generosity to his corporate employees?

Advice to Management

There is no advise coming from a corporate employee that the arrogant CEO would reflect upon. His ego is off the charts. He loves being a dictator and treating corporate employees with disrespect and indignation all the while robbing his corporate employees of the company 401K match and bonuses.

Roark Capital Investments should pay more attention and terminate this clown of a CEO and his entire executive staff. There should be another way to run a large company without stealing from the employees.

11. "Ok first job"

Current Employee - Team Member in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Hardee's (Less than a year)

Pros

Free drinks, good for some extra money

Cons

Cut hours, got bullied by other employee, management did nothing about it.