Hardee's Reviews | Glassdoor

Hardee's Reviews

Updated September 26, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I learned to work in a fast paced work environment (in 22 reviews)

• Great work environment as to job related duties (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower than usual pay for crew members but its still more than minimum wage so its not as bad as i could be (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours must work the operation most days (in 19 reviews)

1. "Learning and growing experience"

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management team isn't hard to get along with.
    Good teamwork and everyone works together well.
    They offer excellent customer service to their customers.

Cons

They pay isn't that great, but it is fast food.
    You Dont get 40 hours a week unless your upper management.
    When training there you only get 3 days to train.

Advice to Management

Dont be scared to put your foot down and discipline your employees.
    Set limits and dont change or bend them for no one.
    Adhere to all policies and procedures whether set forth by you or corporate.

"Stressful!!!!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Fulton, MS
    Former Employee - General Manager in Fulton, MS

I worked at Hardee's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good general management pay compared to other fast food restaurants

Cons

(1)Assistant managers and crew are paid poorly, thus you get what you pay for. All the work gets put on the GM. (2) for the area I worked in NO investment was made in the upkeep of the restaurant and equipment therefore adding more problems, they just seem to snow ball. (3) No appreciation when I killed myself cleaning the restaurant and getting rid of an inherited severe roach infestation. My $1500 bonus check was held because I used an extra 10 payroll hours WITH PERMISSION first. (4) because of all the above you get a very high turnover and people just not showing up for work!

Advice to Management

Invest in all levels of management. One person can not run the store by themselves. Reward your employees when they do a good job. Especially your managers who are on salary and not getting paid any extra to do the extra. CLEAN your stores! Hardee's is known to be one of the nastiest fast food chains out there. I wouldn't of ever believed how nasty had I not seen it for myself. Do something to improve night sales. It seems all stores complaint is having to work at night with only a couple of people because there is no business!

"Dependable, boring, and gossip galore."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very hard to get fired. In fact I have only seen people fired after not showing up for a week. Even then, they were rehired 50% of time. Easy to learn. Your entire job will be memorized in a week. Room for promotion. Driver's license required for promotion.

Cons

Can be stressful because you may be doing others work too. It is very common for your fellow employees to call out sick, most of which times they are going partying. Lots & lots of gossip about other employees. Even management will vent their dislike of other employees. Extremely repetitive. Nothing will change in your routine, ever.

Advice to Management

No change needed, it fills a gap in employment. Both in people who wont change that need jobs, and no job will be perfect.

4. "Hardee's is a fast pace work environment making most sales during the breakfast hours."

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Georgia, Saint Mary (Jamaica)
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Georgia, Saint Mary (Jamaica)

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the job is easy and laid back mostly.
    basic skills used
    repetitive so you know what to expect.

Cons

low pay
    no benefits for crew

5. "Job for people in-between things or cant work anywhere else"

Former Employee - Crew Member in North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Crew Member in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can keep your job without performing critical functions. If you are fast on the screen you got your manager by the short hairs and job security.

Cons

Drama filled, zero accountability between coworkers and management, management is incompetent and does not hold people responsible for not doing their job. Unless you want to be a manager there is no growth in pay.

Advice to Management

Forget about your bonus check for a quarter or two, get the store running right before cutting costs. You cant effectively revamp a store if you cut costs constantly.

6. "i hate it"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Martinsville, VA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Martinsville, VA

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the only pros ae my co workersr

Cons

pay they dont want to give you a raise

"It's fast food."

I worked at Hardee's part-time

Pros

Have to mess up pretty badly to be fired.

Food is delicious.

Cons

Some managers are certifiably insane...for example, a pathological liar, and a creepy, violent old man. On the other hand, other managers were great.

Stoned coworkers...and managers. Actually, this didn't matter. In fact, it made some of them much easier to deal with. I'd almost call this a pro.

Everything is covered in a layer of grime and grease, and always working around a hot broiler. A lot of yelling to move faster, and to always be doing something even when there is truly nothing to be done. Hearsay indicates that it is about the same as competing chains (some say better than McDonald's, others worse, etc).

8. "Horrible work environment"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

People, work, pay, just about everything

9. "a great part time job!"

Current Employee - Hardees General Labor in Wake Forest, NC
    Current Employee - Hardees General Labor in Wake Forest, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

excellent written procedures works well when used properly customers can get great food quickly and friendly if used properly.

Cons

restaurants have procedures posted as tools for management as well as employee, but it rarely seem to come together and flow

Advice to Management

can be super restaurant has awesome food but takes to long to deliver product to customer due to management lack of focus in most cases, I dont usually blame the employees as it is managements job to manage. Would like to see managers trained better before getting positions, and perhaps take some sort of time management coarse, they are wasteing your money! also notice poster in back of store with 1800 number would like company to create policy about bullying

10. "My experience as an employee at Hardees at Hamilton mill/buford,Ga"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Buford, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* It's a job.
    * A few of the employees are cool
    * Schedule is flexible..not really a set one

Cons

I was a new hire and had no experience in fast food only experience in waitressing. I was very honest about that. I was hired..and lemme just say fast food is the most over worked and under paid job. My Manager had only been there a month..was very unprofessional towards me. The expectations were ridiculous. Your apparently expected to learn everything..in 4 working days. So i suggest unless your a fast learner or prior fast food experience don't apply. Trust me the 7.50 and 20 hrs a week they give you isnt worth it. I was told i wasnt quick enough with transactions i had only been there 4 days and then told i wasnt needed during week anymore. But they could use me on weekends, Ha! Trust me ..don't work here.