Hardee's Reviews | Glassdoor

Hardee's Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Love customer service and having fun (in 16 reviews)

• Pretty flexible hours, felt like I was actually doing work, trained adequately (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It was minimum wage, so nothing to sneeze at but better than nothing (in 17 reviews)

• Long hours on your feet with little chance for a break (in 15 reviews)

1. "High expectations, low rewards"

Former Employee - Front Line, Back Line, Shift Leader
    Former Employee - Front Line, Back Line, Shift Leader

I worked at Hardee's (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired quickly

Cons

I worked for Hardee's on two separate occasions; my first job in high school, and again 2 years ago. The last time I reapplied because I knew I would get hired quickly for some Holiday cash. I quit within 1 month because the demands are ridiculous compared to the return. I ended up with medical bills instead of extra $. I know that very few workers in the fast food industry are treated well, but Hardee's takes the cake. Let's face it, no one goes into these jobs expecting glamour but at least know what you're getting into: Hardee's wants as few people on staff at a time as possible. That means I've worked as one of two employees on shift on many occasions during busy times. The overall demands are so high, even on GM's, that I had a manager who felt it necessary to doctor my timesheets and pay me out of their own pocket rather than bring their percentage goals down. All this leads to unhappy employees which most certainly leads to unhappy customers. I, personally, never even eat at Hardee's any more because I don't need any angry cooks handling my food..

Advice to Management

This is what I see: high product prices+minimum wages+high goals - your parking lots are always empty and you're always hiring. Maybe these practices don't add up to success?

2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Cashier in Highland, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Highland, IL

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, atmosphere was always good

Cons

Bo bad reviews, i enjoyed my youth working here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

3. "pretty fun"

Current Employee - Cashier in Cartersville, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cartersville, GA

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Up to $7 free employee Meal

Cons

Kinda Stressful for new hires

5. "Nice part time job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Hampton, VA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

We got free fiid on our lunch. Not sure if its the same at all locations. You're coworkers are usually friendly and very in ages.

Cons

Customers can get rude sometimes if they're orfers aren't correct. pay needs to be higher just for having to deal with the customers.

6. "Ok for school aged kids"

Pros

Free food. Nothing else that i can think of

Cons

Low pay for hard labor, hateful and nasty customers

Advice to Management

leave your personal life at home. Don't come to work with an attitude. Treat all your employees fairly and show aporeciation for the ones that work hard.

7. "Never again in fast food"

Pros

You get $7 credit to a meal

Cons

-Pays less than other fast food places
    -If you close the store you could be stuck for hours after your supposed to get off
    -No pay increases whatsoever

Advice to Management

Increase pay.

8. "General manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good food decent business flow

Cons

Fire you for no reason. Makes you do the same to your employees

Advice to Management

Treat people right!

9. "Pretty Good For Fast-Food"

Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Highland, IL
    Former Employee - Part Time Crew Member in Highland, IL

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, it was a fair gig. I came in, had tasks to do, and was paid for my time. And as long as you gave them a week's notice, they changed the schedule to fit your needs. I'd say it was a great fast food restaurant to work at. If you can handle the fast food environment, you can handle Hardee's.

Cons

It was minimum wage, so nothing to sneeze at but better than nothing. However, I was trained for barely two weeks when they kind of left me on my own. The job also required lots of energy, which I didn't have at the time. It could get pretty hectic at times. As an introvert, that was hell for me.

Advice to Management

Maybe spend more time with the newbies. Going over the tasks repeatedly instead of once would be very helpful.

10. "Okay job."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Pretty good discount (25% - 50%)
    - Free drinks during your shift
    - If you're lucky, you'll be working with some really cool people during your shift
    - Extremely nice customers that make your day
    - If your shift is really slow, you're basically getting paid to do nothing (other than your usual duties)

Cons

- Morning and afternoon shift is terrible. Unless you enjoy picking up after your lazy coworkers, dealing with extremely long lines, and back-to-back cars in drive-thru, you might want to consider the dinner shift
    - Morning crew barely do their job. They usually clock out as soon as their shift is over and leave their messes to be cleaned up by whoever comes in after them
    - You barely get any hours. You could be scheduled for six hours but only work three or four hours before they send you home. If you happen to not get along with whoever is in charge of making the schedule, good luck getting any hours at all.
    - Occasional rude, impatient customers and annoying coworkers
    - If you reasonably ask for a day(s) off because it interferes with the outside event, they may either cut your nonexistent hours (taking you off the schedule) or "forget" and put you on that day anyhow.
    - Pay sucks

Advice to Management

Put your foot down and have most of the crew members do the job they're paid to do rather than walk over you. And to upper management, don't make an incredibly long list of the things that need to be clean to their "original" look (which is probably impossible if they've been used for a good while) unless you're gonna step in and help out.

11. "It's great if you want to work with a bunch of kids or have drugs being bought through the drive thru window."

Former Employee - Crew Member in Richland, SC
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Richland, SC

I worked at Hardee's full-time

Pros

It's fast food what can you expect. There's not a lot of positive to say except it's a job and you get a paycheck.

Cons

Pay sucks, childish environment, drugs, rude managers, need I say more.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to crew members.