Harmonia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Pallabi Saboo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work-life balance,Great culture and Good management" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are no Pros to discuss here" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "They aren't transitioning to one or the other, just trying to do both" (in 2 reviews)

• "Scrum Master and a part time PO)" (in 2 reviews)

"Solid company, great growth, emerging gem"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Stafford, VA

I worked at Harmonia (More than a year)

Pros

Do your work, do it well, and you will be rewarded. No micro-management, you are brought on board to do a job and are expected to perform. Competitive salary and bonuses, great medical and dental, and the 401k match is top-notch. Outstanding team environment, great culture and diversity. High focus on maintaining and retaining proficiency, skills and education. Incredible support staff and a broad range of highly technical experts working in new and challenging technologies. Fun social events for every family member.

Cons

Our team and office was not physically located with the Company headquarters because we needed to be close to the client and stakeholders. I know it's very challenging, but it would be good for executives to interact with the team and client every so often just to express interest in the hard work being performed.

Advice to Management

I would suggest creating an annual or semi-annual event during which managers and executives interact with each other, provide/discuss strategies, share lessons learned, and express goals and objectives.

"Blacksburg is a mess"

I worked at Harmonia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401K match, work-life balance.

Cons

Insurance, lack of management

Advice to Management

The Blacksburg office is basically a disaster without any discipline or authority. People vaping at their desks, dogs running around at random, etc. The same people are praised year in and year out. The same people who are reprimanded are consistently given 30th and 40th chances to improve their slacking ways. If you’re not in the spotlight, you aren’t valued. Take time to ask your employees how things are going and really hear them out. Blacksburg has truly become a zoo; a toxic environment. Some boundaries need to be placed, and some people deserve better treatment than what they are given.

Mar 15, 2018 – COO

Hello - i do appreciate your input. Sometimes having multiple offices can be a challenge. Clearly the management, which primarily sits in the Mclean area has failed in its oversight. We will... More

"Training my replacement"

I have been working at Harmonia full-time

Pros

There are simply no pros here.

Cons

Typical Indian contracting company out for a quick buck, and don't care about their people. Will do anything for a dollar. Not sure why government awards contracts to these type of companies. Will be happy to see these types of company booted out of the government contract space.

Advice to Management

Learn how to management instead of constantly threatening your employees.

Jan 18, 2018 – COO

Thank you for your anonymous review. The fact that you say you are a current employee and choose to stay anonymous demonstrates your thinking. You did have the choice to come and talk to management... More

"Applications Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at Harmonia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full benefits, matching up to 6%, multiple contracts

Cons

disrespectful to less experienced. Not willing to give desired wage when younger despite having masters.

May 6, 2017 – COO

Hi thanks for your feedback. Sorry if you felt disrespected simply because of your age, that is certainly not our culture as evidenced by a very good mix of ages among the team. In fact, having... More

"Not waterfall. Not agile. Definitely stressful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

The people (not management) are great - they are welcoming and genuine nice to be around.

Cons

Some teams are following agile and waterfall at the same time. They aren't transitioning to one or the other, just trying to do both. This forces those who aren't developers to wear multiple hats and have responsibilities with conflicting interests (i.e. 1 person being the scrum master and the product owner) or simply have too much work (being a PM and a Scrum Master and a part time PO).

Advice to Management

1) Pick a methodology and stick to it. Don't bounce around because your devs want agile but your contract is waterfall.
    2) If you're going Agile respect it. Understand and use the roles and ceremonies correctly.
    3) Get a contract team instead of pulling key resources off projects for days/weeks at a time.

Apr 28, 2017 – COO

Hi - thank you for your feedback and for your kind words about the management team. We do hear you about the Agile vs. Waterfall, although the issue is largely not of our making. The government... More

"No words"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mc Lean, VA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Mc Lean, VA

I worked at Harmonia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are just a starter

Cons

Have no idea how to run Agile and professional environment

Advice to Management

No words

May 15, 2017 – COO

Thank you. I think its clear who you are and your review is clearly less than objective. You did good work but your productivity was a question mark and more importantly your inability to... More

"A small contractor company"

Pros

Nice location. Pay money on time if with contract.

Cons

Most coworkers are Indian workers. The culture fit is very important

"One of the best places to work and grow"

Current Employee - QA Analyst
    Current Employee - QA Analyst

I have been working at Harmonia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible and the team is one big happy family.

Cons

Less concentration on employee's performance, growth and salary. Should hire professional people for managerial positions.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have interaction with the team at headquarters.

"Working on stimulating projects with great individuals!!!!"

Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Harmonia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Harmonia at their Alexandria, VA office for some time now and felt it has been worthwhile to work in such an environment. The company has good career growth potential. The company has a talented group of people. They are willing to help others even at times when they are busy. The deadlines imposed by the clients can be imposing at times, but collectively, we persevere and exceed expectations.

Our project manager is one of the best I have worked with. She has great communication skills and respects people's opinions. She has has a vision of where things are going and the ability to articulate it.

Cons

None at the current time

"Harmonia:-An individual committment,a group effort and a symbol of success in a friendly environment."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA

Pros

I am a New Yorker. For the last 2 years I have been working for Harmonia Alexandria Campus VA.The reason for the last 2 years I never tried to pursue a Job in New York or any other place because Harmonia is a unique place to work, team members are very friendly, Project manager is a real leader. I believe that working with good people matters because then the work environment is good. If there is a sense of respect and belief among the people you work with, that is when a good work is done. I also believe Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work and helps to build a unique Team and in that sense Harmonia holds a strong team with excellent leadership Under Lim Ayra, Project Manager. I believe when your action inspires someone else to inspire more ,dream more, learn more and do more then you are a leader and Lim Ayra is a great leader in representing the company to client, in guiding employees to the right direction, being friendly with employees and always being our friend and mentor. It is always my privilege and honor to be a part of Harmonia. All thanks goes to my company and it’s leaders like Miss Pallabi CEO , Lim Ayra,PMP, Bipin Test Lead. I love to work for Harmonia and it’s leadership and will continue to devote my whole effort in Harmonia’s rapid growth with success.

Cons

Not a single word to share about the company