Harnham Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excellent culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Harnham full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Based in the NYC office for 18 months, I have seen the company profile and culture raise rapidly. Here are some of the highlights:

A structured training program consisting of classroom, online and sales floor training.
    A strong commitment to raising Harnham's brand awareness with a dedicated marketing team.
    A commitment to create a collaborative environment with lots of team incentives and socials on offer.
    An investment in the management team that offers support when needed.

Cons

Hours can be long but this is typical with any role in recruitment.

Advice to Management

I've enjoyed how open the lines of communication are, please keep this going.

"Great business to work for!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, ND
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, ND

Pros

I worked for Harnham for nearly a year. In that time I made some great friends, learnt a lot about recruitment and it was a great place to work. It is a work hard/play hard environment with everyone getting involved. The office has a fantastic morale and expect numerous social events. Harnham offer a great training programme when you join, you are guided every step of the way and if needed extra training is on offer. It isn't your typical recruitment environment, everyone likes to help each other, everyone is down to earth and KPI's are achievable. The final thing to note the incentives (holidays, nights out, bar tabs, lunch clubs) and rewards are fantastic it is a great feeling you are being paid good commission for all your hard work!

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours - you are in control of how much you bill each month - The harder you work the luckier you get

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "3 Years here nothing to show for it."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, England (UK)

I worked at Harnham full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere on nights out and a handful of tolerable staff members.
    Fluid movement between teams.

Cons

Awful lad "banter" culture
    Very cliquey
    A lot of the managers have their favorite consultants and give them a helping hand over others
    Lack of respect to long serving employees

Advice to Management

Look after your current employees instead of hiring a bounty of graduates.

"Harnham Employee Review"

I have been working at Harnham full-time

Pros

I love working for Harnham. The people & culture are great. As soon as I started I felt welcome. Everyone is willing to help and get you involved socially right from the start. There are always social events within the team. When you move to London it is very important to feel happy in your job, and Harnham has allowed me to make good friends and settle in easily.

The way the senior partners are so involved with the company daily and make an effort to get to know everyone in the company .

The employee benefits & incentives.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of.

Advice to Management

As the company is growing, don't let the culture change!

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Many thanks for your positive review, we're really glad that you enjoy working here! Please keep me posted on your journey with us, if you have any additional feedback please get in touch... More

5. "A great 3 months so far"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Wimbledon, England (UK)

I have been working at Harnham full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The initial training has been amazing- it's much more in depth than I had expected and the trainer is brilliant - I feel that I am learning the skills to help me start a career in recruitment.
    The office culture is great- we often socialise as a group after work locally
    Constant feedback and support from managers and directors which has helped me
    A number of my colleagues have been promoted so it's been good to see that its achievable.

Cons

Long hours - although its 8.45-18.00 you're "encouraged" to stay to 19.30 and get in before 8.
    Can't leave the office if you wanted a coffee/snack as everyone looks at you when the door opens.

Advice to Management

It's been a great 3 months and the training has been super. Keep doing what you're doing! Maybe make it ok to leave the office for 5 mins during the day for some air.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Thank you so much for your honest & balanced review, we're really glad that you've enjoyed your first three months with us. Please keep sending us feedback on your point about hours especially. It's... More

"5* Training, clients and colleagues"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Harnham full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm in the first year of my recruitment career and glad that I chose Harnham.

- I've recieved great training so far, in depth classroom and some on the sales floor - we were all given a real chance to make a good start - especially the market training that we've gone through really getting in depth with the Data & Analytics market and the tools that candidates use.
    - When I started working on roles I was pleased to see how exciting the client base is, I immediately started working with brands that were instantly recognisable, and those that weren't all have a great story and really interesting projects - I find it really fun to sell
    - Great people - having gone through a lot of growth and an with the business doing really well it's comforting to still get the same feel for the business that I did when I interviewed earlier in the year - their culture is the thing that really sticks out to me. People are doing incredibly well here but it doesn't effect the way that everyone works together.

Cons

None yet - I came into the role with a good understanding of what was involved with it and would suggest that anyone looking for a career in recruitment do the same. If you do enough research before it's exactly what you expect it should be.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Thank you so much for your positive review! We're really glad that you're enjoying your time with us & that it's exactly what you expected. Please keep in touch & continue to provide feedback on... More

"Great culture, training & earning potential"

I have been working at Harnham full-time

Pros

- The training I have received has been twice as thorough as my friends that went into recruitment as well, and has lasted much longer.
    - The culture is collaborative, hard working and encourages best practice and success - regular nights out, hanging out with colleagues at the weekend, it makes the hard days of recruitment better
    - There are lots of jobs to work on from day one - I can realistically see myself making upwards of £100k per year, the fact that you can do big deals in 30% commission is amazing!
    - You are given real support to progress, the managers want you to be successful and work towards your goals
    - If things aren't going well, you are not shown the door - you sit down and come up with an action plan as to how you're going to get back on track

Cons

All the usual, if recruitment is for you the hours, business development and 'salesy' aspects of the job wont be an issue. The Harnham brand, culture, and business is amazing - but it's still a recruitment business and has all of the hall marks as such. The only people I have seen leave here are people that didnt stay in recruitment.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open and fluid.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We're really glad that you're enjoying your time with us, if you have any other feedback please email me - georginalansdale@harnham.com... More

8. "Great workmates in a good location"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Harnham full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Harnham. Really interesting sector that they work in, and are well known in the analytics circle. Good commission structure, good career development and opportunities to move abroad (USA).
    The best bit about it is the people who work there; really active social side which makes working there worth it. Lots of team/company nights/quizzes out in Wimbledon and Central London and engages everyone.

Cons

- The office is cramped and relatively old - there were plans to move which had to be put on hold and I think a move would be welcomed.
    - KPI-heavy environment, power hours.
    - They say you are encouraged to go home on time at least twice a week, but I felt that isn't the case.

Advice to Management

KPI-heavy environment and things like power hours demotivate people.
    I liked the openness about company performance and finances, throughout the company, so would encourage to keep that.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Many thanks for writing about your experiences at Harnham. We're sorry that you didn't enjoy some of the more sales based aspects of our environment, we know that recruitment isn't for everyone & we... More

"Promise support and development, but don't deliver"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Harnham (Less than a year)

Pros

Outside of management, the team are very good, sociable and friendly.

Cons

The management promise support, training and development. In reality this is not the case. They pitch themselves as 'not like other recruitment companies' but actually they are far worse than the typical target driven recruitment organisations.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Thank you for taking the time to write about your time at Harnham. Obviously this review is disappointing & unusual for us so please do send me some more detailed feedback... More

"Best Employers in Recruitment - by far"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

I joined Harnham straight out of Uni with no previous recruitment experience. In my first year i hit the target to go to New York for 5 days all expenses paid. In my second year i was taken on holiday to Miami, and in my 3rd year i hit the target to be taken to Cancun - The targets ARE achievable if you're willing to put in the work.
    All the framework is there for you to make as much money as you want to, i never believed i'd be able to get paid what i was.
    There is a massive investment in external trainers who have an unbelievable effect on your work and ability, a lot of friends went down the recruitment route out of uni like me and non of them had either the opportunities or the support i had at Harnham.

Cons

The only cons of working at Harnham are the cons any recruitment/sales job has.
    If you work hard there will be long days & nights and ups & downs like any job.
    I was encouraged to balance the late nights with 'on-time' finishes a few times a week to make sure i didn't burn out.

Advice to Management

I can't really think of anything that stands out to change. The business is growing rapidly but maintaining its reputation in the marketplace and the focus on training staff.
    From speaking with recruiters at other companies, Harnhams work environment & atmosphere is one of the best.

Oct 9, 2017 – Vice President - Global HR

Thank you so much for your really positive review, we're so glad you enjoyed your time here (& all the perks that came with it!). All the best for the future!