Harp Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"search and social"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Harp Interactive (Less than a year)

Pros

Harp has absolute integrity, from the top down and 100%. It's refreshing to see this kind of sincere desire to do what's right for the client, often going above and beyond. This is also true of leadership toward all employees as well. Harp leadership is caring and concerned to keep a positive work environment tailored to our needs and how we work best. There's open and positive dialog, and frequent appreciation of our efforts and successes. Best agency environment I've been in so far.

Cons

The only con might be that there's maybe not as much "play time", but I'm not sure we'd even want it since we're busy getting the job done and the day goes fast. Still, we do some fun things and the environment is busy but relaxed and there's flexibility to get away from the computer when wanted.

"Glad to be part of the team!"

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic co-workers, the team is extremely talented, welcoming and helpful.
    Collaborative environment that pushes everyone to perform their best.
    True open door policy for discussing any concerns.
    Great freedom to practice creativity and develop a variety of marketing skills.

Cons

No cons, but be prepared to work hard. It’s rewarding work and you get out what you put in.

"Hard work and exceeding expectations will definitely be noticed by the owner."

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time

Pros

Every employee is committed to their role as well as collaborating with other team members if needed. Hard work and exceeding expectations will definitely be noticed by the owner and she will give you proper due credit for it. The owner on occasion does reward the team with a free lunch. The office is set up with no traditional cubicle walls, which I absolutely love. This kind of work environment makes it inviting and engaging among the employees. Some employees have a standing desk. You are allowed to play your own music. Dress attire is not too strict and there are casual Fridays. On Fridays there is more of a concentrated effort to do a group lunch outside of the office pending everyone’s schedule and deadlines. Any day of the workweek you are allowed to leave the office during lunch if you choose to do so. The agency recently acquired a separate fridge for soft drinks, beer and wine — it’s quite the conversation piece.

Cons

There will be times when you will need to finish a job after 5pm. Although this is not an everyday occurrence, this can happen a few times within a year. If you have worked at other agencies, then this news is not a surprise. There is not a specific person who answers all incoming calls, so there is a chance you will take a call from a potential client or a sales call.

"Rewarding Experience"

Pros

Working at Harp has been an invaluable learning and growing experience. The work is challenging and varied, constantly keeping me on my toes and teaching me more and more about the industry. It is clear that every member of the team cares a lot about the clients and the work they're producing. There is a continual attention to detail from management and all members of the team, which subsequently produces high quality products day in and day out. As Harp is a smaller agency, I have had the opportunity to assist and learn about many different aspects of the industry, as well as work directly with the company president and other agency leaders on a daily basis. The office is open and inviting, and the close-knit team is more than welcoming. The team camaraderie is one of the highlights of working at Harp.

Cons

No cons, but there is high pressure and a high level of attention to detail. While it was a relatively difficult transition, it is just a part of working at an agency and ultimately leads to the production of high quality work.

"All good vibes."

Current Employee - Client Services & Content Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Client Services & Content Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment at Harp is respectful and collaborative. There is a lot of creative talent on the team and everyone cares a lot about our clients, which makes for very high quality work. The agency is run by pros. They are very detailed oriented and push me to produce my best work. They also recognize talents and give positive reinforcement when deserved. They are respectful of our personal time as well. I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

No cons. There is some pressure, but that comes with agency life. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!

"A great environment for learning, growing and expanding your skill set."

Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Within the first few months of working at Harp, and even within the first few weeks, I was given the chance to play very important roles within the company. As a small team, each individual employee is recognized for their contributions and achievements, making Harp a very rewarding work environment. The opportunities for growth are truly uncapped.
    One of my favorite things about working at Harp is being able to wear multiple hats and apply my skills to a variety of tasks, which makes each day at the office a refreshing experience. I’ve enjoyed the responsibilities associated with managing client projects and the trust I’ve earned as an employee to help make key decisions.
    Creative thinking is always encouraged. The open working environment of our close-knit team makes for easy collaboration and quick communication. The Harp team also loves to keep music playing all day long!
    If you’re looking for an upbeat working environment where you can learn from your co-workers and receive recognition (and you’re willing to participate in our occasional team bowling/lunch trips), consider Harp as your home away from home.

Cons

Commuting over 45 minutes back and forth to work every day is one of the only downsides to my employment at Harp, and even that’s not too bad. Working in the advertising industry also requires the occasional late night at work in order to meet deadlines, so being flexible with this is a must.

"All the benefits of a true marketing agency with leaders who care."

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regardless if you have an established career or are just starting out, Harp is a great place to enhance your current skills and discover new ones. A smaller agency, you'll have the opportunity to touch all aspects of the marketing business and get involved in projects for a wide variety of clients. Most importantly, you'll work directly with the company president and other agency leaders on a daily basis. Understanding and caring people, you'll find they're approachable, professional, and pleasant to work with--even in the most stressful situations. In short, they will inspire you to be the best version of your professional self.

Cons

Like most agencies, there's certainly a lot of pressure to perform well. You'll constantly be challenged to learn and adjust on the fly. If you thrive under pressure, this is the perfect industry for you and the perfect place to start. If not, be honest about this with both yourself and Harp upfront. If the opportunity presents itself, consider working with Harp to discover your place in the industry--even if it's not upfront and center. You can always expect honesty in return.

"An overall great experience and still glad to be here."

I have been working at Harp Interactive full-time

Pros

The office has a nice setup where there are no traditional cubicles. Each employee is allowed to play their music of choice if they so desire. The co-workers are friendly and are always willing to help if needed. Casual work attire for Fridays. Typically whoever is in the office on Friday go together as a group out to lunch.

Cons

No 401K plan yet, but it's in the works.

"Minimal Growth"

Pros

Great location in the western suburbs, accessible by most major highways.
    Completely open office, no cubes/walls, this can be a pro or a con depending on if you prefer privacy.

Cons

• Family owned.
    • Much smaller agency than what is presented on the website (shows 9 staff members, 3 of which are still at the company)
    • Client list does not reflect current accounts.
    • If you intend to join the team as a Graphic Designer, the Creative Director works from home so you will spend a vast majority of your day on the phone.
    • Expect to work late, often.
    • 2 sick days a year.
    • No benefits (insurance, 401K).

This is from a previous review in 2009, worth noting that the practice still stands:
    "They have a questionable practice of interviewing as though you will be hired on as a full-time employee, then bringing you on as a freelancer. You won't get hired until you define that boundary. -And if you do, you'll likely earn less than you did as an hourly freelancer, be salaried, and expected to work longer hours..."

Advice to Management

Professionalism goes a long way.

"Rewarding, Flexible and Stimulating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Being a smaller agency, Harp is an excellent place for anyone who can take the initiative. Harp provides an independent work environment that rewards value-added efforts. As an employee, I have the opportunity to pitch in and influence a wide variety of projects and even services. Management is extremely open to new ideas and tactics-in fact encourages it. Overall, Harp Interactive is a very stimulating work environment with talented people, willing management and an opportunity to grow.

Cons

Because Harp is a smaller shop, team members are sometimes called on to contribute in other areas—some love that aspect and some--who are comfortable in their own defined zone--don’t. In general, tho, Harp fills each area with pretty good expertise, so it’s also an opportunity to learn something more under that department leader.

Advice to Management

Relax. New clients are constantly contacting Harp and the team works very hard! We know the president is a perfectionist, but sometimes we get pushed to the 11th hour for tweaks or fine tuning that, in all reality, may not make a difference. Although, in the end, we are always proud of what we develop and deliver.