Harrington Memorial Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ed Moore

1. "Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Good for family life, very accommodating

Cons

Very clicky with the "older" workers

2. "Loved working at Harrington!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Southbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Southbridge, MA

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay
    Great people
    CEO is very personable
    Good leadership team
    Nice cafeteria
    Flexible hours
    Clean
    Committees and additional volunteer opportunities open to all departments
    Leadership team was open to feedback
    Healthcare staff was educated and kind

Cons

There were some people here in various departments who would complain about the workplace, but not do anything to improve it which was frustrating to me.

3. "A jem of an employer - lots of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at Harrington for almost 10 years and worked in 3 different departments. That's what I love about Harrington - there's flexibility and opportunity to move up and try something new. I consistently see co-workers begin in one department and then move up to another department either by their request or because of a promotion. Harrington managers are looking for the best fit and are flexible to let employees go to a different department if that is what the desire is and the fit is good (even if they are a wonderful employee and would like to keep them!). I have had great experiences in every department I've been promoted to and I am grateful for all the opportunities I've been given at Harrington.

Cons

Working in healthcare is difficult in general. Harrington is wading through the challenges well while still growing and expanding.

Advice to Management

I know many of the Managers are "working Managers" which means they sometimes (or always) get down in the weeds to help out in their department on every level which is great! I think all Managers should do this when they can to stay connected to their employees.

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your response. We appreciate hearing your feedback and we are so proud you have been able to find so many opportunities within our growing system!

5. "Growing system, job pays well"

Current Employee - Therapist in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Good salaries
    Flexible work schedules
    Productivity bonuses
    Great team

Cons

Clinic is offsite from hospital

Advice to Management

Need to hire more staff to accommodate growing waitlist.

Mar 8, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate hearing from you. We are currently looking into increasing staffing to accommodate patient volume.

6. "They Value Their Employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is truly a company that puts their employees first - and they understand FAMILY comes first. This healthcare organization has grown significantly over the past 5 years. Everyone should give it a second look! From an outstanding cancer center to wound care therapy and advanced surgical services like Total Joint replacement, there is good reason to choose Harrington.

Cons

As often with the case of non-urban hospitals, one person does the task of 5 or 6. But it's each staff members commitment to patients and each other that make it great.

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We are glad to hear you echo the thoughts of many here at Harrington! We know the pace is often quick but we value our employees who recognize the work and value in patient care.

"Job Review"

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Decent pay, good starting experience

Cons

Management is not always supportive of employee needs

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Management engagement is always something we strive to improve. We will make certain to continue this initiative.

"Not Impressed"

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, adore the client population, reasonable benefits.

Cons

Horrible management from department heads to Human Resources. Complete lack of respect and accountability- very immature and over empowered. Huge relief to be out of there!!

Advice to Management

Grow up. Take ownership of your own shortcomings . Be transparent and consistent, do not hide behind emails. Poor show of character across the board. You will continue to have people leaving the mental health department if you continue to treat people so disrespectfully.

Mar 8, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate your comments. We strive to have effective leadership, especially when several new faces join a company. We value the feedback of all our employees and have taken your comments ... More

"Behavioral Health"

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

-Higher paying than most salaried clincian jobs.
    -The clients I work with.

Cons

-no work life balance
    -no support from managment
    -little care for patients, the best treatment for them, availability of therapists due to being over booked
    -punitive
    -too many hands in the pot but no one is on the same page

Advice to Management

Pay more attention the staff as human beings. Provide support. Do better at matching intakes to appropriate clinicians.

Mar 8, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to review. We take our commitment to our employees just as seriously as our high standards for patient care. With such a busy and growing organization it can be challenging ... More

10. "Unbelievable"

Former Employee - Clinician in Southbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Southbridge, MA

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Please see previous review entitled "Clinician".

Cons

I have already submitted a review on Harrington however, once I saw that the Marketing Department was writing rapid fire responses to negative reviews and then suddenly several positive reviews were submitted thereafter, I had to write again. This is a pathetic and desperate attempt to get staffing because Harrington cannot hire nor keep mental health professionals. Don't believe the positive reviews, I can guarantee it's marketing employees or management trying to save face.

Advice to Management

Actually try to fix Harrington's problems and develop your management team instead of faking reviews on Glassdoor. People value honesty and strong leadership; foster an environment that turns all those fake "pros" you listed in to truths.

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving us your thoughts again. We can assure you no responses are fake - just as we believe yours is honest, so are the rest. We do think we have a great organization and a strong team of ... More

"nursing"

Former Employee - Nurse in Southbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Southbridge, MA

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

some very nice coworkers and patients

Cons

Very poor management team at OBH ., poor communication, management has shown me they have no concern for the employee, especially if disabled. if you contact CEO, you will never get a response,,,and Human Resources is there for company , not you, even if you are disabled and have been treated poorly

Advice to Management

Replace your management staff at OBH...I have seen the largest turn over ever ,,, good people who have worked there for years,,,,right out the door,, very sad

Mar 8, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your comments. We are surprised and disappointed hear you did not receive the type of feedback you were looking for. By and large, we are a very transparent institution, including our ... More