Harrington Memorial Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome coworkers and amazing nurse manager! And yes, this is a genuine review from an RN in the trenches.

Cons

Budget concerns but that's everywhere.

Advice to Management

Take good care of your nurse leaders. They are truly making a difference.

2. "Having a great experience"

Current Employee - Clinician in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at harrington last year in the mental health department and it has been great. The patients are wonderful and I work with a great team.

Cons

The clinic isn't in the best neighborhood.

3. "Current employee at the Southbridge hospital"

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Management, company and individual growth, great benefits. Start off with 4 weeks paid time off.

Cons

Company culture has gotten stronger throughout the years, but there is still room for growth.

"Actually a good clinic!"

Current Employee - Licensed Clinician
    Current Employee - Licensed Clinician

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I realize there are some negative reviews written by clinicians here, but to be honest the new management team got rid of a lot of people for good reasons. Talk to someone who's been around for a while--those of us who have been with Harrington 5 years+ (and some of us even longer) are happy to see the changes with new management. Newer (read-younger) employees have come and gone in the last couple of years but overall behavioral health is growing and improving. The senior clinicians here are all great to work with and we make more than any other outpatient therapists in the area. Management is fair and reasonable if you actually do your paperwork and make productivity. We get a good amount of vacation time, have been getting annual increases the last few years and even gift cards or bonuses around the holidays. People will always have something to complain about, but if you're here to do the work you'll have a positive experience.

Cons

Buildings would benefit from renovations.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more team building events. Also enjoy in service trainings.

5. "Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Good for family life, very accommodating

Cons

Very clicky with the "older" workers

6. "Loved working at Harrington!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Southbridge, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Southbridge, MA

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay
    Great people
    CEO is very personable
    Good leadership team
    Nice cafeteria
    Flexible hours
    Clean
    Committees and additional volunteer opportunities open to all departments
    Leadership team was open to feedback
    Healthcare staff was educated and kind

Cons

There were some people here in various departments who would complain about the workplace, but not do anything to improve it which was frustrating to me.

"A jem of an employer - lots of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

Pros

I've been at Harrington for almost 10 years and worked in 3 different departments. That's what I love about Harrington - there's flexibility and opportunity to move up and try something new. I consistently see co-workers begin in one department and then move up to another department either by their request or because of a promotion. Harrington managers are looking for the best fit and are flexible to let employees go to a different department if that is what the desire is and the fit is good (even if they are a wonderful employee and would like to keep them!). I have had great experiences in every department I've been promoted to and I am grateful for all the opportunities I've been given at Harrington.

Cons

Working in healthcare is difficult in general. Harrington is wading through the challenges well while still growing and expanding.

Advice to Management

I know many of the Managers are "working Managers" which means they sometimes (or always) get down in the weeds to help out in their department on every level which is great! I think all Managers should do this when they can to stay connected to their employees.

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your response. We appreciate hearing your feedback and we are so proud you have been able to find so many opportunities within our growing system!

"They Value Their Employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Southbridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Southbridge, MA

I have been working at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is truly a company that puts their employees first - and they understand FAMILY comes first. This healthcare organization has grown significantly over the past 5 years. Everyone should give it a second look! From an outstanding cancer center to wound care therapy and advanced surgical services like Total Joint replacement, there is good reason to choose Harrington.

Cons

As often with the case of non-urban hospitals, one person does the task of 5 or 6. But it's each staff members commitment to patients and each other that make it great.

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We are glad to hear you echo the thoughts of many here at Harrington! We know the pace is often quick but we value our employees who recognize the work and value in patient care.

"Job Review"

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Decent pay, good starting experience

Cons

Management is not always supportive of employee needs

Mar 20, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Management engagement is always something we strive to improve. We will make certain to continue this initiative.

"Not Impressed"

I worked at Harrington Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, adore the client population, reasonable benefits.

Cons

Horrible management from department heads to Human Resources. Complete lack of respect and accountability- very immature and over empowered. Huge relief to be out of there!!

Advice to Management

Grow up. Take ownership of your own shortcomings . Be transparent and consistent, do not hide behind emails. Poor show of character across the board. You will continue to have people leaving the mental health department if you continue to treat people so disrespectfully.

Mar 8, 2017 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate your comments. We strive to have effective leadership, especially when several new faces join a company. We value the feedback of all our employees and have taken your comments... More