Harris Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Harris Communications Reviews

Updated May 24, 2018

Found 19 reviews

4.8
Harris Communications CEO Robert Harris (no image)
Robert Harris

"I had a great boss"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Pedro Sula

I have been working at Harris Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Profound mentor relationships and guidance while at company. An important career opportunity that opened doors.inhighly recommend for teachers and corporate trainers.

Cons

I cannot think of any. I look back at my experience with great memories.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking time to coach me.

Harris Communications2014-08-15

September 6, 2014President

Thank you for your feedback which we value.

"The Best Training / English School in Honduras"

English Teacher in San Pedro Sula

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

- Full teacher support and extensive training - Transportation, driver, provided making getting around city and surrounding easy and safe! - Everyone knows the company locally. Great reputation. - Strong and intelligent peers and committed staff. - Feedback and coaching. Use of performance management surprised me.

Cons

- Long days. Saturday schedule. This company has a lot of work. - Pay can always be better. - City is not safe.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed my time and all members of the staff including teachers, Academic Director, and Founder were very helpful in ensuring that I was made to feel like family. Unexpected emergency made me return unexpectedly back to the USA.

Harris Communications2011-06-28

September 6, 2014President

On behalf of the entire staff we appreciate your feedback.

"Action Packed and Never a dull Moment"

Seminar Trainer in

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

- Fast pace environment - Lots of travel when doing seminar work throughout region - Solid training and dynamic work team - Competent leadership focused on performance management approach

Cons

- Honduras as a country leaves much to be desired - Unsafe community as kidnapping is common - Good housing and schools hard to find for expat famlies

Advice to Management

I do not have feedback to management except perhaps continue investigating on-line elearning models which may created better scale opportunities.

Harris Communications2011-05-07

October 30, 2015President

Thoughtful comments and feedback which we value.

"Summer Co-Op"

in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

I had great pride of work while I was there. Also as a co-op I was given great responsibility, they are open to new and exciting ideas.

Cons

I can't really think of any...other than there was no benefits package but it was a summer co-op position so it really wasn't expected. Also, there was a hiring freeze when I applied for a job after I graduated.

Advice to Management

I'd say keep up the good work. I had a great experience there. If there was any advice I could give it'd be to keep an open mind when receiving applications from prior co-ops especially if they were well regarded.

Harris Communications2010-11-05

June 7, 2017President

Another review that has confused readers. We do not provide summer co ops. This review is in error. Suggest glassdoor remove it.

"Ihave enjoyed Harris"

Major Account Manager in

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

If you show competence you will be rewarded with raises or promotions. Travel is encouraged. Trying different jobs is encouraged and recommended.

Cons

Pay is not up to snuff especially in hardship areas

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to compensation. It needs to be better if you reallywant to retain talented staff

Harris Communications2010-01-22

June 7, 2017President

Wrong company. Posted in error. We never had such a position

"Work with Big Clients and Train Top Managers...Sometimes"

In-Company Language Instructor in San Pedro Sula

I worked at Harris Communications

Pros

1. Great place for trainers who like to work in a corporate environment 2. Nice to have a driver who chauffers the teachers. 3. Top-notch technology with Rosetta Stone 4. Cash awards to top-performers / producers. 5.. Good for your resume. 6. Strong leaders, great bosses. Funny people.

Cons

1. Students are often terrible as clients do not watch over the programs. Especially company paid. 2. Days are often too long. Burn out is an issue. 3. Teachers need a dining room and their "own place" within the building.

Advice to Management

This company is in the wrong place. Why haven't you expanded? Perhaps franchised. Get some investors and grow exponentially. There are no real competitors in Honduras.

Harris Communications2009-11-12

September 6, 2014President

Thank you for your feedback as we are trying to improve in all areas.

"A place to grow and develop"

Corporate English Instructor in San Pedro Sula

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

Engaging management team that involves all. I really enjoyed the focus on teacher developmendriven by my bosswho was really interactive with her staff. A neat place to be if you love teaching.

Cons

I cannot think of any except I wish we made dollars. Maybe housing would be a good perk since I was recruited outside Honduras and I was not a local hire.

Advice to Management

They seem to know how to work with trainers, No advice needed except to say thanks for a good two years.

Harris Communications2009-09-28

June 19, 2016President

We thank you for your comments and we appreciate the feedback regarding expat teachers and we are learning how to improve in this area to retain talent.

"Small Company. Big Heart"

Former Instructor

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

Harris Communications Honduras is a blend between working in a corporate environment and a small business where eveyone is like family. It also has a reputation for developing trainers who want to take take the xt step and work in a large multinational company. That is what happened in my case and the company was very supportive.

Cons

It's Honduras. Meaning it's a small country, not much growth opportunities. It would be great if tHarris would open more centers but the country just isn't big enough. Perhaps they should consider other countries in the region.

Advice to Management

You have a great model now move it forward. Expand and get beyond Honduras. There are good people ready to take that step,

Harris Communications2008-12-25

"Harris Communications Honduras. A company committed to performance."

Trainer in San Pedro Sula

I have been working at Harris Communications

Pros

The company is focused on performance and they know how to communicate standards for success. Senior leadership is inspired and passionate. The environment is positive and its a great place for young people who have drive and talent. Also, the managers take the time and trouble to develop and foster that talent to make a dynamic workplace environment.

Cons

Long teaching days. Be prepared to work hard. This is a results that classes begin early at 7:00 AM and continue until 9:00 PM.

Advice to Management

Keep the performance framework. It works.

Harris Communications2008-11-25

September 26, 2014President

Thank you for the feedback. We are striving to improve work balance.

Found 19 reviews