Harris Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Appointment Setter"

Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Harris Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have a solid work home life balance and be able to get paid based off of your own production, so therefor there was no cap on what you are able to make.

Cons

difficulty at first gaining comfort ability with phones and selling your services to potential clients.

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Harris Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Endless opportunities to take on high level responsibility and gain exposure to many aspects of the business. Amazing clients and talented co-workers.

Cons

None really at this time. Overall, good place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep adding great people to the team!

3. "Great place to work..."

Pros

I've worked at HMG on and off for several years and I find the day-to-day environment to be one of the most pleasant I've worked in. The team here is awesome—a tightly-knit group of professionals who take their jobs seriously and who are excellent at what they do. HMG has lovely clients and great projects to work on, and there’s plenty of opportunity for everyone who comes through these doors. It's a small agency, so everyone works hard, but isn't that the point of work? Even so, there’s always time for lunch. A wine tasting here and there. And even time for a walk into Birmingham. It’s a nice work/life balance and I don’t think too many agencies (or businesses, for that matter) can say that these days.

Cons

The only cons are the mean-spirited posts by ex-employees. They’re pretty outlandish.

"Stay away from HMG"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

I worked at Harris Marketing Group full-time

Pros

The office is located in downtown Birmingham. That's the only 'Pro'.

Cons

This joke of an ad agency is hanging on by a thread. Very poorly managed, HMG has very little business, and almost no repeat business. Clients quickly figure out that they're being ripped off and go elsewhere. The owner doesn't seem to be aware that she has a bad reputation.

Advice to Management

Shut this place down.

"Avoid HMG"

Pros

Surrounded by talented co-workers who are also berated and verbally abused by the CEO, you will befriend others who are hard-working and just as miserable as you. (Have no fear, with their terrible retention rate, all of you will escape within a year.)

Cons

Being in a toxic environment created by a vile CEO that is more concerned about playing favorites and mind games out of sheer pleasure/boredom. She could care less about her accounts once she begins receiving monthly retainers, and prevents employees from giving each account the services they deserve (and paid for).

Advice to Management

Spend as much time on your accounts as you do gossiping or talking about plastic surgery. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Match what you spend on your coffee each year to giving proper benefits for employees.

"Harris Marketing Group"

Current Employee - Account Services in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Account Services in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Harris Marketing Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Harris Marketing Group for 6 years. Janice, our CEO, has given me so many opportunities for growth and experience that I wouldn’t have gotten at a large agency, from building client relationships to data and analytics, especially in the digital space. Plus, the staff is amazing. This place is built on teamwork and professionalism, and the office environment is one of collaboration and fun. Our clients are amazing too, they range from automotive to healthcare and so much more.

Cons

Be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone but it's worth it in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep building company moral. You've got a great team!

7. "In with the good, out with the bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Harris Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

HMG feels like a breathe of fresh air, not only do we have amazing clients but we have amazing co-workers. Coming into work is exciting as were a close knit family that supports each other both in a professional and personal manner. Were bringing in new business, growing into a cutting edge agency and promoting a fun atmosphere.

Cons

People that leave the company post false and highly exaggerated lies on social platforms that shines a negative light on a great company.

Advice to Management

Keep your head up, were moving in the right direction now that the toxic couple is gone.

"Account"

Former Employee - Account in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Account in Birmingham, MI

Pros

Truly cannot think of one pro for this deplorable place.

Cons

Janice, the CEO should be hospitalized. The reviews that say she is delusional and mean are spot on. This is not an actual agency. It's a few unfortunate souls who hire on and then are commanded . This place is hanging on by a thread. There are no actual clients .it takes about 3 weeks to understand from a client perspective that you should take your business elsewhere. The owner is an absolute nut job who's time has passed long ago. No skill set and certainly no ability to connect with eithe staff or potential clients. Nothing original stems from this hot mess of an agency .do not work here and whatever you do , don't risk your business by hiring this deplorable human being.

Advice to Management

Medication . Workshops on how to be human.

"No Stars"

I worked at Harris Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Birmingham is a nice town with good shopping and restaurants. That's it.

Cons

This is an antiquated and toxic environment. Any positive reviews are written by the current employees at the persistant, unrelenting commands of the "Czarina"/CEO. The "Mean Girls", "Barbie" and "Devil Wears Prada" are all SPOT ON.

Advice to Management

No advice will be heeded. She knows everything.

"HMG- a great place to learn & become passionate about integrated marketing"

Current Employee - Loyalty Procurement Associate in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Loyalty Procurement Associate in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Harris Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After just recently celebrating my one-year anniversary with Harris Marketing Group, it occurred to me that this cutting-edge agency has taught me so many valuable lessons that I will take with me throughout my professional career. I have been given opportunities to work on various accounts and establish & maintain relationships with both the wonderful employees and the clients we work with. It is apparent that each person who works at HMG is passionate about their role & the agency itself. Due to the boutique size, it's always all-hands on deck, however, that creates a great camaraderie with the team and management.

Cons

I wish my commute was closer -- However, I only see great things for this company's future and am happy to be a part of the environment as it moves onward & upward.

Advice to Management

The open floor plan in the office can be challenging at times. Also, team-building experiences may be beneficial to the staff!