Harris Teeter Reviews in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Harris Teeter North Carolina Reviews

Updated December 11, 2017

North Carolina

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Bonus Checks were nice to look forward too (in 106 reviews)

• Plus they have twice yearly profit sharing (in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • Changed customer service managers out too much (in 75 reviews)

• Poor Management as well as inflexibility of hours for part time workers (in 69 reviews)

"Dairy Clerk"

Former Employee - Dairy Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Dairy Clerk in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and reasonable people. Good part-time benefits. Possibility of promotion.

Cons

Low Wages. Elevated expectation from customers in regards to matter outside of one's own department.

Advice to Management

Start entry level employees at least one whole dollar above the minimum wage.

"Worst job I've ever had in my life"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working at this ridiculous store

Cons

Anyone who is already in a management position is deathly afraid of any competition for their job, and therefore make sure any promising candidates are beaten down until they leave.

Advice to Management

Great job selling out to the big guys at Kroger... shows what Harris Teeter is really all about these days...

3. "Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Clerk in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Harris teeter is one of the best jobs you could work at. management is always helpful and fun to be around at least it is at my store

Cons

There isn't really any cons of working at Harris Teeter you have the occasional annoying customers and some employees that you don't really like but overall it's perfect

Advice to Management

management always you do keep it up and continue to be one of the best grocery stores out there

4. "Very good employer!"

Current Employee - Grocery Stock Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Grocery Stock Clerk in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great hours to work on.

Cons

Had to work holidays a lot.

Advice to Management

Be caring towards your ALL of your employees

5. "OMG I love HT from the manager to the employees they are just down to earth place, customers are great too!"

Current Employee - Deli in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Deli in Cary, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The part-time have benefits and great hours, they just have great quality and the best of everything! They pay weekly, which other stores pay bi-weekly it's the only grocery store that I know off that pays weekly, it's an awesome place to work!

Cons

Well the only thing is that they need a trainer in every department, because when your new to that department and you never did it, they just want you to figure it out! That's a big no no!

Advice to Management

Like I said please get a trainer in each department and you guys will be the best in the grocery shopping industry!

6. "deli"

Former Employee - Deli in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Deli in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Harris Teeter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

everybody is nice and great customer service

Cons

Nothing everything is great there and the workers are always willing to help.

7. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Fresh Foods Clerk in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Fresh Foods Clerk in Cary, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since our customers are mostly middle-high class, the abuse we receive from them is less frontal assault and more passive aggressive. 10% off HT brand items, not including Fresh Foods. Certain free items every month. Current department manager willing to work with our schedules.

Cons

The customers demand a certain level of service and we cannot say no to them. They throw a tantrum and they are rewarded with apologies and free stuff. The signs displaying what is available for sale are pointless because they can ask for any substitutions or price reductions they want and we have to give it to them.

Been here for two years and I have seen at least 10 people quit or transfer to get away from this store. Co-managers and store managers demand things from us that we can't possibly accomplish with only 1 or 2 people and they are rarely willing to help. Being scheduled to close usually means leaving between 11pm and 1am even though on the schedule until 10.

I recently went down to part time because playing manager in the deli for most of the day on weekends, every weekend was getting to be too much. New associates are not trained and therefore I spend most of my time training them and trying to help customers and run the deli. Since going down to part time several months ago, I lost benefits and took a decrease in pay yet I have only had one week that I have been scheduled part time hours. I'm a full-time employee minus the benefits and the pay.

Advice to Management

Hire people who can handle the deli and are willing to learn, hire someone who can teach them, staff the department so we can have time to train and so the current employees aren't overworked, do what you say you're going to do. If you take someone's benefits and pay, follow through and make sure that person gets part time hours. Compliment your employees, positive reinforcement rather than training your managers not to praise their employees.

8. "So far it been the best retail job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My store manger is so lay back. Let you run your own show to learn from your own mistake.

Cons

I see they like to move manager around don't considered where u live before they move you. Knowing you have a family .

Advice to Management

Stop moving manager fix the broken store. Don't break up your good running store to fix your bad stores. Because a manager is only good as his team. Moving the manager breaking up the team everyone lose. Fact

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for part time and full time employees. Great to work for. Also generous with breaks provided they do not impact business needs.

Cons

Retail industry can be difficult. Customers can be mean and rude. While management is understanding of scheduling, getting time off can be difficult occasionally.

10. "Overall nice place to work"

Current Employee - Homeshop Selector in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Homeshop Selector in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good profit sharing bonus twice a year
    Friendly environment
    Nice management
    Good starting out pay for a basic part time job

Cons

Sometimes the customers are rude and think you're dumb. Management has high expectations, very fast paced and sometimes hard to keep up with.

Showing 586 of 1,625 reviews