Harris Teeter Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

3.4
Harris Teeter CEO, Kroger Rodney McMullen
Rodney McMullen
Pros
  • "We get bonus checks twice a year(in 169 reviews)

• "profit sharing checks (2 a year) (80-200 dollars)(in 156 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Part time schedules can vary a lot(in 100 reviews)

• "long hours to be standing at a register(in 76 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Harris Teeter and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Part Time

Dec 1, 2020 - Starbucks Barista in Fayetteville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for a part time job

Cons

Long hours for a part time job

2. 4.0

Definitely worth it !

May 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Harris teeter all through high school and then my first year into college and they were great ! My schedule was nearly always available to get moved around if need be and I got the hours I needed/asked for. The pay was good for a part-time student & the bonus checks were good too! I loved seeing my favorite people on Thursdays for their senior discount too! I sometimes worked in the floral department and I absolutely adored it !

Cons

Unfortunately when I wanted to move into a customer service clerk position (from cashier) it took me having to go to another store and ask them if they had an opening because my store manager never did for me. Customers are on the HIGHEST HORSE in the Charlotte area. I was a cashier NOT a bagger, I’d be made to go get carts in the pouring rain sometimes if a bagger wasn’t scheduled because I played sports. Not a huge fan of the discount on only teeter items but it is what it is (only 10%) Both locations I worked at were quirky in their own way but the CSM need to be picked more carefully. They catch an attitude about the smallest things because they lash out over something that doesn’t even pertain to the conversation you’re having with them. SUPER DOUBLE COUPONS ARE HORRIBLE! Breaks are so so so so soooo short !

3. 4.0

Supportive

Jan 23, 2021 - Produce Associate in Boone, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, decent pay for part time.

Cons

Mystery shoppers can get a bit annoying.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for entry positions

Nov 25, 2020 - Cashier in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, educational leave, part-time and full-time positions, promotion opportunities, $0.05 increase in hourly rate each year, bonus checks each year

Cons

Pay rate is not sufficient for living

5. 5.0

Deli, cheese /pizza station

Aug 28, 2020 - Fresh Foods Clerk in Summerville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

At this store there where no pros. Water fountain or coffee machine do not work, sometimes even bathroom's lights do not work, you have to pee and wash your hands in the dark or use your own phone to have some light.

Cons

* All benefits shown at Harris Teeter a.k.a. HT website are for FULL-TIME jobs, if you are hired as part-time FORGET it all. * Immediate fresh foods manager makes your work like a robot by YELLING, DIMINISHING AND SCARING you. * At Fresh foods (Deli, Pizza and Specialty cheese) you aren't allowed to have ANY personal items (completely reasonable because you're processing "fresh" foods and cross contamination can occur), but that include water bottles, sealed coffee mugs your own apron (that you have to pay for as part of your own uniform) or your phone. So what She sees... first she yells at you then she throws away. * When you do something she does not like or you make a mistake, she GROUNDS you having you doing tasks you aren't supposed to do (because you weren't hired or trained for that) or nobody wants to do; yes there are some tasks everybody hates in Deli dept. AND HT do not train you for tasks you were not hired for, BUT she says: "today you will do that!" And again, even if you were never trained for that (in Fresh foods this is crucial due to sanitary regulations); nobody is willing to help you because they are already completely overwhelmed with their impossible tasks she gives (written in a list) to you. It's hateful, because in the end everybody is rude to you because you are disturbing/slowing them and you hate everybody because this rudeness is not justified. It's not your fault you're weren't trained beforehand and you have no clue how that task was supposed to be done nor where supplies are. In the end you've got rudeness contaminated . * Breaks: you are supposed to have two 15 min. break (when you supposedly could hydrate yourself or urinate or whatever it's you break time) and one 30 min. Lunch time, at Deli there are no breaks, just rushing. When you perhaps to have lunch/snack.. you must hydrate yourself, so eventually you need to urinate AND YOU GOTTA FIGHT for rushing to pee.

6. 4.0

Overall good experience

Nov 12, 2020 - Front End Cashier in Isle of Palms, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay - No Additional Tasks

Cons

Not a flexible schedule - Was supposed to be part time - made me work full time

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place

Nov 23, 2020 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work part time.

Cons

none that I can think of

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work if its a means to an end outside of the company

Nov 20, 2020 - Deli Clerk in Ellicott City, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work part-time, they are pretty flexible with your hours. During my time at HT, I attended college and got my Bachelors. They were always accommodating.

Cons

Management tends to throw you under the bus. If you want to advance in the company your gonna wanna do everything perfectly

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent job but poorly managed

Dec 5, 2020 - Part Time Pastry Chef
      Business Outlook

Pros

The tasks of the job are fun Good pay for part time and no experience

Cons

Very understaffed and disorganized Communication is lacking On my first scheduled day of in-store onboarding, no one was there to meet me so I had to come back another time

10. 3.0

Okay

Oct 19, 2020 - Personal Shopper in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

My supervisors suffered no nonsense, but they were nice and helpful. A good place to get a job as a high schooler. You get to meet and interact with a lot of people. An admirable standard for cleanliness and customer service.

Cons

The pay isn't that high. As a part-time employee, your work schedule changes drastically from week to week and you often only find it out the week before. Once you start needing a more serious income, I recommend looking elsewhere.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 196 Reviews