Harrity & Harrity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Harrity

"Terrific Firm to work for!"

Current Employee - Attorney in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is great, coworkers are the best, atmosphere is casual.

Cons

Have worked at several firms and this is the best one, cannot think of downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Harrity & Harrity Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Marketing and B&D Assistant

Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you enjoy working here so much. Keep up the great work!

"Proud to be part of the team!"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time

Pros

I love the culture of this firm! Everyone is so positive and supportive of one another. I've never felt so empowered with an employer. They also encourage us to find a healthy work-life balance. The partners and supervisors create a work environment that actually makes me want to come to work and do my best. They make me feel like my role is important and the work I do is greatly appreciated.

Cons

The downside of this job: my commute.

"The Best Patent Law Firm to Work For!"

Current Employee - Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Harrity & Harrity is a fantastic place to work. Below are the top five reasons that I love working at Harrity & Harrity.

1. Quality -- Harrity & Harrity separates itself from other law firms by focusing on quality. Having seen thousands of patents, patent applications, and office actions responses as a former Patent Examiner, I can attest that the quality of work produced by attorneys at Harrity & Harrity is above and beyond the vast majority of work produced by other law firms. Harrity & Harrity uses a uniform writing style for patent applications and responses that has been carefully developed over the years to ensure the highest quality. The firm also has a formal second attorney review policy that ensures that every attorney's work product is thoroughly reviewed by another attorney at the firm (typically a partner) before the work leaves the firm. These two policies help to maintain Harrity & Harrity's high level of quality.

2. Training -- Harrity & Harrity provides extensive training on how to draft high quality patent applications and high quality responses to office actions. The firm has developed several different training programs for new associates that are tailored toward the associate's level of experience. Also, training is ongoing through the firm's second attorney review policy, monthly case law updates, and monthly claims and prosecution scenario workshops. In addition to patent-related skills training, the firm also provides training in other areas, such as business development, presentation skills, recruiting, and firm management skills.

3. Clients -- Harrity & Harrity represents some of the world's leading technology companies, with several clients in the Fortune 500 and Fortune 100. Associates have daily interactions with inventors and in-house counsel at these cutting edge companies. Many of our clients have been with us for the long haul, and have made us their number one, go-to firm for patent application preparation and prosecution.

4. Compensation -- Harrity & Harrity's compensation package is unbeatable. The firm pays top dollar for high quality people to perform high quality work. Harrity & Harrity's compensation structure is a unique pay-for-productivity structure, rather than the antiquated, tiresome billable hour structure. This structure encourages associates to work efficiently rather than log a large quantity of hours. Our associates consistently earn more than their peers at other firms, while working fewer hours. Many of the firm's associates consistently earn partner level money. The firm also offers great benefits.

5. Work Environment -- Harrity & Harrity has a casual work environment, with jeans being the norm. Everybody that works at the firm is friendly and has a positive attitude. I enjoy going to work because the firm's leadership chooses to surround themselves with friendly, hard-working, intelligent people.

Overall, I can't imagine working at a better law firm than Harrity & Harrity!

Cons

You must be self-motivated, focused, driven, and hard-working!

Harrity & Harrity Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Marketing and B&D Assistant

Thanks for the great feedback! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy being a member of Team H&H. Keep up the good work!

"Great working environment!"

Current Employee - Patent Prosecution Supervisor in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Patent Prosecution Supervisor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A small law firm with potential for all employees to be involved in various aspects of the patent field. Flexible hours, great benefits, and great working environment. Ample training provided. Perfect for anyone who wants to feel like part of a team, and has a desire to work with the best in the field.

Cons

There are no cons for me.

6. "Great place to work! Fun & Positive! Learning every day!"

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mission is to be the best law firm in the patent field, and it feels great to be a part of a team that strives to be the best. Great people! Very empowering and uplifting company culture. It's a real team environment. Has that startup tech company vibe. Great clients!

Cons

No cons for me.

7. "A Diamond in the Rough"

I worked at Harrity & Harrity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office is very nice and accommodations are good.

Cons

They have unrealistic expectations and if you make too many little mistakes they let you go with little to no warning.

Advice to Management

Give newer employees a chance to state their case instead of just taking the word of your older employees.

"Great Company"

Pros

Small Law firm, great for networking, generous intern salary package, flexible hours, great place to learn about: Business Development interning, legal concepts that are helpful to become a successful patent lawyer, and networking in general.

Cons

No Cons whatsoever during my time as an intern.

Advice to Management

Seek to expand into a law firm that is able to hire non-patent lawyers such as IP or Copyright lawyers.

"Love working at a top patent firm!"

I have been working at Harrity & Harrity full-time

Pros

Clients are leading technology companies, focus on quality and innovation. Team environment. Hard working but high paying! It's great to be a part of team that is trying to be the best patent firm in the field!

Cons

There are no real cons to me

"Great law firm with unlimited earnings potential"

Former Employee - Patent Agent
    Former Employee - Patent Agent

I worked at Harrity & Harrity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of clients and steady work flow. Challenging and interesting work. Partners spend ample time training those who are willing to do what it takes to succeed. Awesome commission based pay.

Cons

A tough environment for those who are not self-motivated, and who have trouble meeting deadlines.

"great company culture"

I worked at Harrity & Harrity part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great company culture, people are very friendly and willing to help
    snacks/drinks provided for free in the kitchen
    great opportunities to advance within the company
    boss takes new employees/interns out for lunch every now and then

Cons

some of the bosses will take "sides" and punish new employees based on the "word" of veterans, without even asking your side of the story

Advice to Management

please learn to listen to your ALL your employees, not just your veterans