Hart Reviews | Glassdoor

Hart President Mohamed Alkady
Mohamed Alkady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Still the best startup in OC"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

Where do I start, flexible work schedule, daily catered lunches, healthy snacks, drinks and just an overall great group of people and super strong talent. Everyone is willing to step up and help wherever possible and in turn it makes the transition to new clients that much more effortless and it's paying off!

Cons

A downsize. Yes, there was a downsize, which company doesn't have layoffs? The company is growing again and they've hired a few more talented people to the already talented team. The only con's might be the negative reviews here posted by past employees that haven't ever been through a re-org.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and communication, it's paid dividends through navigating the path to our continued success.

"The Way Work Should Be"

Current Employee - Data Integration Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Data Integration Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For any employer looking for ways to attract the best talent, and for any employee who's ever stressed to make the morning clock-in or endured months of non-stop 8-a-days to earn enough hours off for that wisp of a vacation, I encourage you to look to Hart. As a former member of the aforementioned employee club, it's a breath of fresh air to be treated like an adult who's able to get work done without the white-glove-on-the-sill rigidity of the standard nine-to-five. Likewise, it's rewarding to find yourself working for a team that values the quality of the final stew more than the quota of beans you counted to make it.

The folks leading the team at Hart go out of their way to ensure your work life is not only comfortable--even enjoyable--but also that it compliments, rather than overtakes, your life outside of work. From the gorgeous Irvine campus to the verging-on-spoiling benefits package to the amazing(!) chef and laid-back atmosphere, employment at Hart is made to feel less like a job and more like an extension of your living room (while the kids are at camp, of course). Consequently, team members are driven to deserve that level of trust and respect, and respond with a level of energy and responsibility for their work that I've never witnessed in the white-shirt-black-tie atmosphere. It's a supremely effective symbiotic relationship that, to my way of thinking, leads not only to the best work, but also to the least dread that the alarm clock is going to go off in the morning.

Cons

If you think Microsoft products can contribute to your productivity, you've got an uphill climb.

3. "I'm here for the team!"

I have been working at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team. We may be small, but a positive of the downsize was really getting an opportunity to get to know people I didn't before. Also, most of the perks are still around so all in all, we've got it pretty good.

Cons

The company and employees are still working to regain momentum. I've seen some positive changes recently, so hopefully all continues.

Advice to Management

Continue honest communication.

"The August 17th review is a joke right?"

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

I have to write 20 words here and this review is gonna get removed anyways so seriously.. how fake is that review on August 17th?

Cons

Clueless management with a lot of ego and not enough brains to listen to the people they hire. Did I mention the review on August 17th is fake?

"Hart feels like family"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

The people....it has always been the people. When we were a team of 80 I loved being here because of the people, and now when we are only 23 it is the people. The layoffs were heartbreaking for all of us but we are trying to rebuild and really focus on the task at hand and stay true to our mission of transforming healthcare. Hart has had several bumps in the road but I truly believe that we can achieve anything together as a team. The benefits are still amazing, the healthcare plan is better than any company I have ever worked for, the flexible work schedule, the ability to learn new things daily.

Cons

We are a startup company so it's not always easy, communication is an ongoing challenge but I have yet to find a company that has been any better. The team is very lean so it can be difficult at times because resources are stretched thin. A few rough months but I am hopeful for the future of the company.

Advice to Management

As we grow I think more seasoned leaders and employees would be well received by the team!

"Good benefits but they ran out of money"

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

Great benefits (company uber, insurance, relaxed work hours)
    Competitive salary

Cons

Recently lost a big client so most of the company got laid off.

"Balance between great benefits and false promises"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offered some of the best benefits around SoCal: Unlimited PTO (though most people I knew and myself took around 15-20 days/year), 401k, onsite chef, company Uber and Amazon account, top of the line healthcare. It was great.

What was even greater though was the bonds built within and between teams. Can't say much for leadership though, it's always hard getting along with the brass.

Cons

Yeah, the benefits were great I admit but their were some false promises of stock options, 6 months notice if the company would be short on funds, and 3 months severance. Read about the CEO online about his last company and Hart and you'll find some similarities.

With good leadership, I think a lot of things could have been better. I'm not sure what was the thought process for placing devs with between 1-2 years of experience as leads. Don't get me wrong, great devs but they should've hired senior devs to take the lead positions.

Anybody else feel like the CEO was fictitious?

"I loved working here"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture, pre-layoffs, really fostered personal growth and encouraged professional development. The benefits and perks were top-notch, too. No idea what it's like now.

I was in the wind along with most of the company with the huge April layoff, but I'm not bitter or angry at management, just sad. I wish things had gone differently.

Cons

I didn't have many, personally. Maybe I was left in the lurch a little, communications-wise, and few teams actually used me to my full potential.

Obviously there was a pretty big problem that lead to needing to let go of most of the company.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure it would be helpful at this point.

9. "Love my job"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

Good benefits good pay lots of company activities to participate in

Cons

The union could do more for the employees

"Misleading status update."

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

Amazing teams, amazing benefits, great perspective.

Cons

Contrary to what the status update says, employees were not given the choice of staying or leaving; management preselected the chosen ones, the rest was sacked with less than modest severance.

Advice to Management

Stick to the promises, don't spread false information, don't pledge unreal things