Hart Reviews | Glassdoor

Hart President Mohamed Alkady
Mohamed Alkady

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Still the best startup in OC"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

Where do I start, flexible work schedule, daily catered lunches, healthy snacks, drinks and just an overall great group of people and super strong talent. Everyone is willing to step up and help wherever possible and in turn it makes the transition to new clients that much more effortless and it's paying off!

Cons

A downsize. Yes, there was a downsize, which company doesn't have layoffs? The company is growing again and they've hired a few more talented people to the already talented team. The only con's might be the negative reviews here posted by past employees that haven't ever been through a re-org.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and communication, it's paid dividends through navigating the path to our continued success.

2. "I'm here for the team!"

I have been working at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team. We may be small, but a positive of the downsize was really getting an opportunity to get to know people I didn't before. Also, most of the perks are still around so all in all, we've got it pretty good.

Cons

The company and employees are still working to regain momentum. I've seen some positive changes recently, so hopefully all continues.

Advice to Management

Continue honest communication.

"The August 17th review is a joke right?"

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

I have to write 20 words here and this review is gonna get removed anyways so seriously.. how fake is that review on August 17th?

Cons

Clueless management with a lot of ego and not enough brains to listen to the people they hire. Did I mention the review on August 17th is fake?

"Hart feels like family"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

The people....it has always been the people. When we were a team of 80 I loved being here because of the people, and now when we are only 23 it is the people. The layoffs were heartbreaking for all of us but we are trying to rebuild and really focus on the task at hand and stay true to our mission of transforming healthcare. Hart has had several bumps in the road but I truly believe that we can achieve anything together as a team. The benefits are still amazing, the healthcare plan is better than any company I have ever worked for, the flexible work schedule, the ability to learn new things daily.

Cons

We are a startup company so it's not always easy, communication is an ongoing challenge but I have yet to find a company that has been any better. The team is very lean so it can be difficult at times because resources are stretched thin. A few rough months but I am hopeful for the future of the company.

Advice to Management

As we grow I think more seasoned leaders and employees would be well received by the team!

"Good benefits but they ran out of money"

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

Great benefits (company uber, insurance, relaxed work hours)
    Competitive salary

Cons

Recently lost a big client so most of the company got laid off.

"Balance between great benefits and false promises"

I worked at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offered some of the best benefits around SoCal: Unlimited PTO (though most people I knew and myself took around 15-20 days/year), 401k, onsite chef, company Uber and Amazon account, top of the line healthcare. It was great.

What was even greater though was the bonds built within and between teams. Can't say much for leadership though, it's always hard getting along with the brass.

Cons

Yeah, the benefits were great I admit but their were some false promises of stock options, 6 months notice if the company would be short on funds, and 3 months severance. Read about the CEO online about his last company and Hart and you'll find some similarities.

With good leadership, I think a lot of things could have been better. I'm not sure what was the thought process for placing devs with between 1-2 years of experience as leads. Don't get me wrong, great devs but they should've hired senior devs to take the lead positions.

Anybody else feel like the CEO was fictitious?

"I loved working here"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture, pre-layoffs, really fostered personal growth and encouraged professional development. The benefits and perks were top-notch, too. No idea what it's like now.

I was in the wind along with most of the company with the huge April layoff, but I'm not bitter or angry at management, just sad. I wish things had gone differently.

Cons

I didn't have many, personally. Maybe I was left in the lurch a little, communications-wise, and few teams actually used me to my full potential.

Obviously there was a pretty big problem that lead to needing to let go of most of the company.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure it would be helpful at this point.

8. "Love my job"

I have been working at Hart full-time

Pros

Good benefits good pay lots of company activities to participate in

Cons

The union could do more for the employees

"Misleading status update."

I worked at Hart full-time

Pros

Amazing teams, amazing benefits, great perspective.

Cons

Contrary to what the status update says, employees were not given the choice of staying or leaving; management preselected the chosen ones, the rest was sacked with less than modest severance.

Advice to Management

Stick to the promises, don't spread false information, don't pledge unreal things

"Hart-less"

I worked at Hart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were all talented engineers, very friendly and supportive. It was like having one big family.

Cons

Process was a mess, features would get changed mid-sprint, the President and CEO were almost never in the office. Huge lack of transparency regarding the financial state of the company.

Advice to Management

There were some great benefits given to employees: corporate Uber account, free lunch, free snacks and beverages, laundry service. It seems those perks were just a facade to keep people placated while the executives were constantly out of the office.

We were told there was plenty of runway, and there would be a minimum of 6 months warning if the company was in dire straits. Of course, that was a lie, and almost the entire workforce was laid-off within the span of a week.

This was just one of the many lies told to employees. One of the lies was the promise of equity, which was told again and again, but never came to fruition. Another lie was that if anyone was ever let go, they would be given a decent severance. When they laid off everyone, they were given just one week of severance, where in the past, employees were given 4-6 weeks.

The company put out an update after the layoff saying that everyone was given a chance to stay, which was completely untrue. Only a handful of people were chosen to stay. Those asked to stay weren’t even necessarily the most qualified, but those most likely to believe the fantasy being concocted by the smooth-talking President.

Of course, they didn’t lay off the chef, because even while the company is sinking like the Titanic, they have to keep up appearances.

The President is not an honest man. He’s a charmer, and a sweet-talker. He’s very good at acting like he “cares”, but I think the only thing he really cares about is padding the bank account of him and his investor friends. Just search his name, he’s burned plenty of other people in the past.