Hart to Heart Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Jason Skidmore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Brank New Medical Billing Department"

Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Arriving was very beautiful to me and I had my interview. My interview was great and my overall interview went very good. Because this is going to be a new department for Billing it was exciting to hear. I am able to learn from scratch and excel in the department. I was the first to interview, and received an offer the following week. Everyone was very professional and I can wait to start.

Cons

Im sure every business has basic business and employee views. After reading the comments they are all just about the same. Eventhough I havent started working in the duilding just yet. I just see that I have to be true to myself, just be myself itll go much more of a longer way than otherwise.

2. "It was fun in the location that I was; however, upper management lies a lot."

Former Employee - EMT-B/Driver in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - EMT-B/Driver in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are if you are a new EMT this is a good start for patient contact and getting comfortable with writing reports.

Cons

The cons are that the company lies to you they don't offer raises like they say their equipment half the time does not work and they definitely don't appreciate the work you do for their company.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees, especially the ones that have been devoted to you the company could have made it now it's falling under you've forgotten where you came from and you forgot that we are human.

3. "Better than average private ambulance company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hill, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest Hill, MD

I have been working at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, flexible scheduling, chance to help others, most coworkers are friendly and capable, owner's a nice guy

Cons

You do get held over shift fairly often but it's typical for the industry and is the same for other companies

Advice to Management

The company is growing, so you must be doing something right

4. "My time with the company"

Former Employee - EMT in Milford, DE
    Former Employee - EMT in Milford, DE

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of OT if you want to get it. Your fellow employees tend to be easy going. The lower level mang is very friendly.

Cons

They have a lot of broken equipment and will fight you on getting it fixed. Thy focus on making/saving as much as possible and not nessarly PT care.

Expect to be dispatched to calls the last 30 min of your shift, typically adding 1-2 hours to your shift. They do not issue vacation very easily.

5. "Call Taker"

Former Employee - Call Taker in Forest Hill, MD
    Former Employee - Call Taker in Forest Hill, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Close to home; Company has grown and seems to be continuing to grow.

Cons

Terribly unprofessional environment for a call center. Foul language, employee bashing and very little training. The environment was like none I've ever worked in. I left after about 1.5 weeks. I only wish someone would have shared this before I left another job for this one. I was so excited to go to work for them and was just unable to work in the abrasive environment.

Advice to Management

Please visit your call center to observe the customer service practices of your employees. I would have been fired if I replied to customers in any way, shape of form of the conduct I witnessed. Providing more training in excellent customer service should be a priority.

6. "Not the best place"

Current Employee - EMT-B/Driver in Dover, DE
    Current Employee - EMT-B/Driver in Dover, DE

Pros

-flexible schedule if part time
    -easy PT's
    -simple job

Cons

-horrible upper mang
    -dispatch will hold you over
    -favoritism
    -old and broken equipment

Advice to Management

-increase pay
    -increase standards
    -dont screw your employees

7. "Generic private ambo"

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time

Pros

good direct supervisors and coworkers

Cons

little to no potential for promotion or advancement

"Boy Oh Boy, Hart to Heart"

Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Temple Hills, MD
    Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Temple Hills, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hart to Heart was great for gaining experience and getting hand on knowledge of the EMT field, there was not a lack of call or patient pick ups - there was plenty of overtime if you wanted or needed it; but my co-workers were great. The Office environment was very spirited and enjoyable and my immediate supervisor was understanding to almost any circumstance or personal issue.

Cons

Now, for the corporate shoe that inevitably dropped, there was extremely high staff turn over, last minute request for pick up shifts, NEVER got off work on time - always held over on a call, business oriented over customer service and patient care, lunch was almost non-existent, and there were quite a few shady practices that were overlooked for profit.

9. "A Very Broken Company Behind the Scenes"

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time

Pros

EMT and Dispatch staff were great - for the most part very understanding about the continuously changing environment.

Cons

While they appear to be small Fortune 500 company on the outside, on the inside it's really just a "Mom & Pop" back office operation. Their entire bottom line is how much money they can make while breaking the backs of their skilled employees &, of course, which private school should they send their children to. There are NO written standard operating guidelines, so Executive Management can change the "rules" as they go along (constantly). This way it's easier to change how the players interact & how & who gets reprimanded or fired for simply doing their job. Training on all aspects is very poor; there is no follow up, no ride along, no QA checks, & personnel turnover is unbelievable!! Truly, a total waste!!!

Advice to Management

Stop acting like a dictatorship! Without your skilled employees, your business is nothing - actually consider the consequences of your actions by thinking beyond the almighty dollar.

"Typical misguided commercial ambulance service"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Linthicum, MD
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Linthicum, MD

Pros

Work as much OT as you can dream of.
    You really don't have to think.
    Field employees all pretty much get along since we all get bent over the same way.

Cons

Work as much OT as you can dream of.
    You really don't have to think.
    Understaffed
    Underpaid
    Overworked
    Treated like a child
    Too much management oversight in the wrong areas.

Advice to Management

Pay employees comparable wages to competitors, improve the benefits package, fully staff the scheduled shifts, & treat employees like adults - most of us can act like it.