Hart to Heart Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Hart to Heart Transportation Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2019

Found 19 reviews

3.1
Hart to Heart Transportation CEO Jason Skidmore (no image)
Jason Skidmore
  1. "My time with the company"

EMT in Milford, DE

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of OT if you want to get it. Your fellow employees tend to be easy going. The lower level mang is very friendly.

Cons

They have a lot of broken equipment and will fight you on getting it fixed. Thy focus on making/saving as much as possible and not nessarly PT care. Expect to be dispatched to calls the last 30 min of your shift, typically adding 1-2 hours to your shift. They do not issue vacation very easily.

Hart to Heart Transportation2016-01-07

"Boy Oh Boy, Hart to Heart"

Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Temple Hills, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hart to Heart was great for gaining experience and getting hand on knowledge of the EMT field, there was not a lack of call or patient pick ups - there was plenty of overtime if you wanted or needed it; but my co-workers were great. The Office environment was very spirited and enjoyable and my immediate supervisor was understanding to almost any circumstance or personal issue.

Cons

Now, for the corporate shoe that inevitably dropped, there was extremely high staff turn over, last minute request for pick up shifts, NEVER got off work on time - always held over on a call, business oriented over customer service and patient care, lunch was almost non-existent, and there were quite a few shady practices that were overlooked for profit.

Hart to Heart Transportation2015-08-25

"Typical misguided commercial ambulance service"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work as much OT as you can dream of. You really don't have to think. Field employees all pretty much get along since we all get bent over the same way.

Cons

Work as much OT as you can dream of. You really don't have to think. Understaffed Underpaid Overworked Treated like a child Too much management oversight in the wrong areas.

Advice to Management

Pay employees comparable wages to competitors, improve the benefits package, fully staff the scheduled shifts, & treat employees like adults - most of us can act like it.

Hart to Heart Transportation2015-06-07

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - EMT in Forest Hill, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation part-time

Pros

Large company with lots of units and shifts available, which made it easy for part-time employees to pick up shifts.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about its field employees--they only care about the all-mighty dollar, and are willing to cut corners in patient care to make money. The CEO was overheard on multiple occasions saying that EMT's were "a dime a dozen" and that anyone can be replaced. That is true, but eventually you scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hiring EMT's, when all your good employees have left.... Immediate supervisors were great, as was dispatch, but they would use and abuse the road crews and run them ragged. Getting held over on a shift was a daily occurrence, sometimes as much as 2 hours late.

Advice to Management

Listen to your road crews and supervisors, as they are the ones who are really running the company and making the company money!

Hart to Heart Transportation2015-05-18
  5. "I would rather jerkoff with a pair of vice grips than work here."

Former Employee - EMT-B in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The vending machine was stocked sometimes?

Cons

Literally everything. Awful pay, lack of coordination with dispatchers and supervisors, dated equipment, expired medications, the list goes on

Advice to Management

Just take care of the employees in the field?

Hart to Heart Transportation2019-02-18
  6. "It was fun in the location that I was; however, upper management lies a lot."

Former Employee - EMT-B/Driver in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pros are if you are a new EMT this is a good start for patient contact and getting comfortable with writing reports.

Cons

The cons are that the company lies to you they don't offer raises like they say their equipment half the time does not work and they definitely don't appreciate the work you do for their company.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees, especially the ones that have been devoted to you the company could have made it now it's falling under you've forgotten where you came from and you forgot that we are human.

Hart to Heart Transportation2016-12-01
  7. "Call Taker"

Former Employee - Call Taker in Forest Hill, MD

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Close to home; Company has grown and seems to be continuing to grow.

Cons

Terribly unprofessional environment for a call center. Foul language, employee bashing and very little training. The environment was like none I've ever worked in. I left after about 1.5 weeks. I only wish someone would have shared this before I left another job for this one. I was so excited to go to work for them and was just unable to work in the abrasive environment.

Advice to Management

Please visit your call center to observe the customer service practices of your employees. I would have been fired if I replied to customers in any way, shape of form of the conduct I witnessed. Providing more training in excellent customer service should be a priority.

Hart to Heart Transportation2016-01-05
  8. "Not the best place"

EMT-B/Driver in Dover, DE

I have been working at Hart to Heart Transportation

Pros

-flexible schedule if part time -easy PT's -simple job

Cons

-horrible upper mang -dispatch will hold you over -favoritism -old and broken equipment

Advice to Management

-increase pay -increase standards -dont screw your employees

Hart to Heart Transportation2015-10-09
  9. "A Very Broken Company Behind the Scenes"

I worked at Hart to Heart Transportation full-time

Pros

EMT and Dispatch staff were great - for the most part very understanding about the continuously changing environment.

Cons

While they appear to be small Fortune 500 company on the outside, on the inside it's really just a "Mom & Pop" back office operation. Their entire bottom line is how much money they can make while breaking the backs of their skilled employees &, of course, which private school should they send their children to. There are NO written standard operating guidelines, so Executive Management can change the "rules" as... they go along (constantly). This way it's easier to change how the players interact & how & who gets reprimanded or fired for simply doing their job. Training on all aspects is very poor; there is no follow up, no ride along, no QA checks, & personnel turnover is unbelievable!! Truly, a total waste!!!

Advice to Management

Stop acting like a dictatorship! Without your skilled employees, your business is nothing - actually consider the consequences of your actions by thinking beyond the almighty dollar.

Hart to Heart Transportation2015-08-27