Harte Hanks Reviews in Yardley, PA | Glassdoor

2.3
Karen Puckett
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is awesome compared to all other ad agencies in Austin (in 23 reviews)

• you can work from home as much as you can (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Dealing with upper conflicting upper management (in 36 reviews)

• Doesn't strive to maintain talented folks hence high turnover (in 19 reviews)

1. "Marketing Intern"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of room for learning as an intern and the workers are great! Willing to help you grow and teach you the skills to be successful at Harte Hanks.

Cons

People tend to come and go, you could be training with someone and all of the sudden, they got fired or got another job. Very fast paced.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management, they were terrific and were very supportive to us interns throughout our whole semester.

2. "Limited Prospects"

Former Employee - Studio Artist in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Studio Artist in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people. My team was fantastic, and they pushed me to do great work.

Cons

Upper management ("management row") was almost a different world. The "workers" were always in the dark. Not having HR on site was an issue. No review process, small random raises, limited upward mobility (not helped by constantly changing upper management).

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Reward the workers who take incentive to produce really great work. You have good people working for you.

"Great employees, poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I worked with - my co-workers and clients - were great. The company had an exceptional ability to attract fantastic, dedicated, smart employees.

Cons

Extremely poor management, lack of vision, no interest in employee morale, hyper focused on stock price, indifferent to client needs.

Advice to Management

You have exceptional employees - but the ones who are left are demoralized and job-hunting. Pay attention to your workers and your clients. Strive to be a company where people are proud to work.

"Good time to join a bad company?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Now might be a good time to join Harte Hanks. Upper management has taken a spanking from the board and all of a sudden talent matters again. Be prepared for at least two more senior management departures soon, which will be a good thing. HR and Operations are a mess, but their leaders won't last

Cons

The physical work environment is difficult. There is no way to concentrate when elbow to elbow with others. Replace computer monitors with sewing machines and you would have a proper sweatshop. Except, or course, for That One Guy who built himself an office.

Advice to Management

Leave.

"I learned a lot, but not much work life balance - The agency inside Harte-Hanks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot, and worked with some really smart people. It made me knowledgeable in a lot of technical areas I didn't have exposure to before. I got to do work for some really large clients, including one of the most beloved brands around. We had a lot of lunch-and-learn type events.

Cons

It was very high stressed environment. It was tough to work with both east coast and west coast clients because I was always staying late to get approvals or assets from west coast clients, but I still had to be in early for east coast clients. My number one issue with the company was that I was always jumping from one client to the next, and never really building a relationship with any of them. It felt like HH would rather get a year or two out of an employee rather than treat employees well and try to keep them for long term.

"Work was great, management not so much..."

Former Employee - Market Manager in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Yardley, PA

Pros

The work was easy. Everyone basically left you alone to complete assignments. I rarely went into the office.

Cons

I felt isolated and it always seemed like management didn't know what they were doing or what was happening.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees more. I went through 3 managers in a year and I had maybe 4 conversations total.

"Client Engagment Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company was better when it was DiMark. It was a more creative agency. Good benefits, people and fun work environment.

Cons

Now a marketing company providig measurable results but has lost the creative edge.

Advice to Management

Be more personable and get off your high horse.

"Struggling company - morale is low"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most people are generally friendly - nice office environment.

Cons

New senior management has changed the climate of the company - not the same Harte Hanks that I was originally hired in to. No opportunity for career growth.

"Not a good place to work... Very High Attrition... Micro managing"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Yardley, PA

Pros

The company had some very talented individuals, it is unfortunate that they did not recognize them for their skills.

Cons

High Attrition Rate. No action taken to retain talent. Micro managing. People not capable of are Head of Tech!! who really know nothing about technology, always worried about role and day to day activities (at what time you come in.. when you leave etc.!!). very premature HR dept. Salaries below industry average. Forget applying if you need help with immigration (H1/ GC), you will be fooled (no support/documentation provided no matter what). Very unorganized leadership. Poor internal communication (one-way). No pay hikes once joined, No appreciation of talent or good work but if something goes wrong ready to point fingers. would never recommend to a friend/anyone.

Advice to Management

Invest in talent, know your employees, know if the mangers are capable! Be transparent in reality not just words.

"One of the worst places I ever worked. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Not a single redeeming factor."

Current Employee - Copy Supervisor in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Copy Supervisor in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a paycheck. That is all. 20 word minimum? okay, I had a paycheck. I had a paycheck. I had a paycheck. That's what I told myself every day.

Cons

Everything about this job. The people, the expectations, the schedule, the lying, the backstabbing, the crying (yes, this place made people so crazy they cried).