Hartford Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Hartford Healthcare CEO Elliot Joseph
Elliot Joseph

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good benefits, great atmosphere to work" (in 6 reviews)

• "Overall - the company and work environment is pleasant" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Far commute, no work from home available, upper management communications, no recognitions" (in 5 reviews)

• "Recent mergers and other changes create uncertainty/confusion over roles and job security" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Lean Facilitator Position"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have found this position as a lean facilitator to be very rewarding. I am learning new things every day from my customers, colleagues, boss, and chain of command. Working with such a wide variety of disciplines (everything spanning from Neurosurgery to Environmental Services) is energizing. This is a position that anyone interested in process improvement and working for a non-profit will be happy to join Hartford Health. The culture here is a positive one, is values driven, and the leadership behaviors are very ingrained. It is an excellent place to work.

Cons

If you are the type of person who prefers to work behind a desk all day and not interact with people, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

none

2. "Office Manager"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy my job and the people and my coworkers.

Cons

I don't like working for a conglomerate.

3. "Finance Manager"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits including 401k match and generous PTO

Cons

Large organization and can be challenging to navigate

4. "Hartford Healthcare"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good 401(k) plan with decent company match

Cons

At Hartford Healthcare, the word "healthcare" is an oxymoron in itself. Hartford Healthcare cares about administration bonuses. Period. Employees are expendable. Dishonesty runs rampant.

Advice to Management

If you really do buy in to "Accountability Now" and all your H3W behaviors, then please show it, not just give a lot of lip service to it.

5. "SSO employee"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time

Pros

Competitive benefits package and salary.

Cons

Weak in the director/VP level. No vision for the future of the organization. Very reactionary.

"Hartford HealthCare at Home and Independence at Home"

I worked at Hartford Healthcare full-time

Pros

Overall - the company and work environment is pleasant

Cons

Dealing with the vice-president of Hartford HealthCare at Home and Independence at Home is a nightmare unto itself. Her arrogance - despite the overall work environment - makes any position under her intolerable.

Advice to Management

The above speaks for itself

"Corporate America"

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hartford HealthCare is a large system across CT which means plenty of possibilities to relocate/transfer positions with relocation. Surface level system strives to value employees and humanistic interactions.

Cons

Pay structure mimics that of America; service/support staff are paid on the lower spectrum yet are held more accountable then executive/management level employees and who are able to make mistake after mistake with no accountability. A support staff member could be disciplined for something a management level employee has done over and over. 2% raise; which brings a minimum paid employee up cents at a time. Yet managers/directors who generally get moving expenses, stipends, different bonuses receive 2% on top of all the other bonuses they are receiving. Similar to America; the rich get richer and the poor poorer. Department consistently understaffed; given 160 hours of vacation time and due to low staffing am unable to take the time. Then forfeit the time at the end of the year. Tuition Reimbursement; again mimics the problems we are seeing in America. Entry level employees who are at the minimum of the pay range and are wanting to pursue education receive a mere 1000 tuition reimbursement per fiscal year. Employees with a large length of employment and who are in theory at the top of their fields receive $3000 tuition reimbursement per fiscal year. Unable with a family and working in the cleaning department able to pursue an education on $1000 a year but do take advantage of the peanuts given out. Spent 4 hours in a values class only to go to the department and find the mgrs do not actively live those values and some directors/managers support keeping hostile managers in the department. Had a payroll issue for over 2 checks and was addressed delay; no repercussion to the Mgr. HR is pro Manager and not for the employees; they protect the rights of the company first and foremost. Team members fear going to HR because then they are identified as a problem. Took 2 months to be onboarded into a cleaning position; unable to get a hold of my recruiter; offer letter was wrong. Written up for being a few minutes late to shift; occurred 2x due to child care issues; given a written reprimand that has a 1 year threshold; unforgiving penal system. Unable to transfer out until 6 months- called HR for help and gentlemen repeated the policy; should no ability to understand my situation or the fact the mgr had the opportunity to work with me. a campus so large and there is no day care. Spoken to many employees in break room and cafeteria who speak of departments being similar; understaffed; overworked; causes risk of increased errors; and undue stress. Received a $500.00 Christmas bonus; after taxes took under $200.00 home; benefits went up and that was a wash.

Advice to Management

Live the values you teach. Address pay inequity and staffing levels. Address all managers who are toxic to the environment. value good employees over bad managers who may have good knowledge. Employees with good knowledge and values can be found everywhere. Listen to your employees. Hold Mgrs accountable. Diversify HR department; send back to sensitivity and cultural training. Managers in my EVS are bullies; behave one way in front of their bosses and behave combatively with employees. Recruitment not accessible; so provides for no encouragement to be able to transfer out after this 1 year sentence is carried out for making sure my kids had care.

"Telemonitor Nurse/Program Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wethersfield, CT

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, H3W, EMR, IT , opportunity to grow

Cons

9. "Credentialed Trainer Optime and Anesthesia"

Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Epic Credentialed Trainer in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, pay is good, hours are good

Cons

lots of travel, but millage is paid, difficult to advance knowledge, becoming certified is not an option

"Job"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Hartford Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

full benefits with the health

Cons

like all jobs its who you know,

Advice to Management

make sure people that are hired are qualified and not a who you know. It brings office moral down when everyone is not chipping in