Harvard University Staff Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Lawrence S. Bacow
  1. "Not too shabby"

Staff Assistant III

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros

I enjoy working at Harvard. Great benefits and tuition reimbursement. People are very enthusiastic and strive to be the best.

Cons

Wish I could be making more money. Raises seem to come few and far between because you are basically forced to be in the Union at a certain pay grade.

Harvard University2012-05-02

"Great place to start working"

Staff Assistant

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros

There are so many resources to take advantage of at Harvard, whether it be the events, the teachers, the classes..there are many opportunities to do more than just your job. For those looking for it, a great work/life balance. Vacation time, benefits, the atmosphere are all great.

Cons

People tend to work here because they like the life-style that it affords them. If you're looking for a 9-5 this is great, but if you're looking to excel and advance in your career, it might not happen at Harvard. It takes forever to get things done because it is such a big institution. Your boss might promise you one thing, but it will take 6 months for anything to ever happen because the way the system works.

Continue reading
    Harvard University2010-03-04

"Great benefits, job is alright."

Staff Assistant

I have been working at Harvard University

Pros

excellent benefits and not just health but within the greater Boston area, discounts to all sorts of things. good intellectual opportunities through lectures and talks and such around campus. the extension school provides an incredible opportunities to get degrees and certificates. Also once you work for Harvard it is much easier to get a different job in a different Harvard school or department.

Cons

poor management. pay inst great. people can be really frustrating to work with. a lot of big egos float around no matter what school or department you are in. Also it is HUGE so it can take a while to get a good understanding of how everything works. Not a lot of feedback or positive reinforcement. My particular job (staff assistant) doesn't require much brain power which most of the time I hate.

Continue reading
    Harvard University2009-03-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 43 reviews