Harvey Nash Group Reviews in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harvey Nash Group CEO Albert Ellis
Albert Ellis

Pros
Cons
  • Favouritism is rife, there is zero training, zero work life balance, highly juvenile culture and people are stressed through the roof (in 5 reviews)

• There are no cons in my estimation (in 6 reviews)

"Recruitment as a career"

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone treated as an adult.
    You are backed to create and develop your own personal brand.
    The business is interested in work/life balance, and all levels have access to flexibility.
    Recruitment business that genuinely thinks about people and their long term careers.
    Non-hierarchical environment.

Cons

Office space is a little tired.
    Business Park amenities are poor.

Advice to Management

None

"Not a nice place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some large clients to work with, and good brand recognition in the IT world

Cons

Horrible culture, very KPI and long hour environment unless your a director and can work from home (golf) most days of the week. lots of back biting and gossip, lots of different cliques in the office. Office does smell of beer and cigs most afternoons after the guys have been to the pub over lunch. The commission structure is terrible once you realise what nearly every other competitor pays out.

Advice to Management

none, i left.

"A truly fantastic company!"

Former Employee - Researcher in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Researcher in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

I was utterly impressed by Harvey Nash from the moment I began, to when I left. It is an incredibly inclusive and talented company, whose transparency I believe is key to their success.
    The company operates in a flat structure, and when they say you can speak to anyone, it really does ring true. They foster an entrepreneurial environment; if you would like to carve out your own section of the business or want to try your hand at a new project (be it corporate or charity) they offer you endless support. Their leadership is diverse in style, but they all share genuine concern for their teams' wellbeing and success.
    Something that really stood out to me was the work-life balance. You work particularly hard, but the company understands and encourages you to foster your life outside of work and take the time to look after yourself.
    The whole office was friendly, accommodating and talented at what they do.
    A well run large corporate business, with the opportunities to match, but the culture of a much smaller one.

Cons

There are no cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I have been so impressed and so privileged to work alongside such wonderful people!

"Entrepreneurial and Supportive Environment"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a good idea or a path you want to follow, someone will be there to help you see it through. There's great career progression available down many different avenues and the Directors are supportive in making sure you end up on the right track for you. Everyone sits together on the same desks (including the MD/board members when they visit) so you can learn from the best as you go and there's no feeling of hierarchy. There are no tacky recruitment habits here, so you can be proud of where you work and the values they stand for.

Cons

There's nowhere on the business park to have a drink with your colleagues, but the silver lining of that is you don't waste your money on alcohol during weekdays.

Advice to Management

Pretty sure they're the ones with all the good advice. Just keep doing what you're doing!

6. "The best start to my recruitment career!"

Former Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Harvey Nash Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Birmingham office for 3 years. I joined Harvey Nash as a graduate with no previous experience, they provided a great working culture, a great career path and first class training and development. On top of that, they offered a competitive salary and a an excellent commission scheme. Having left Harvey Nash to explore other options, I now understand how unique their culture is. I made some strong and lasting friendships and I would recommend them to anyone looking to start out their career in recruitment.

Cons

Once you leave and experience another recruitment agency you'll wish you could go back to Harvey Nash.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! I now work with Harvey Nash from a client perspective, your employees have a real passion for what they do.

7. "Unrivaled culture, management team and career progression"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Harvey Nash for nearly four years and have been continuously supported by colleagues, managers and directors alike. When I first started it was difficult to work out who the directors were, simply because they're so approachable and down to earth. Flexible working, generous incentives and a clear progression plan are just a few of the many benefits of working here. Couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

Cons

None. They have a five word minimum....

Advice to Management

Don't ever change our culture, ethos or values; they are what differentiate us from our competitors.

8. "Genuinely great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture here makes it - the people here genuinely care about each other and are close friends. I feel valued by management and was given clear progression options from day one. Even though it's a global Plc, each individual is supported to go in their own direction, so you really feel like you can make an impact. Ethical recruitment and fostering strong client relationships is more important here than making quick cash. Plenty of incentives too!

Cons

Could do more to encourage flexible working.

Advice to Management

Incentives really do make a difference, hope you can see the ROI

9. "Great Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality of people is excellent, intelligent, professional, committed and knowledgeable. A naturally high-performing culture and a grown-up recruitment environment. Everyone is very supportive of each other and there is a good team spirit. It is nice to work with genuinely great people.

Cons

I am struggling to think of anything negative to say. Great brand, great people and a really professional recruitment environment.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting and developing great people

10. "Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, very supportive. Everyone is incredibly approachable and welcoming. Great incentives and commission structure.

Cons

The Chinese style building - not as attractive as some of the other offices - but it is a great location!

Advice to Management

None

11. "Top organisation!!!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have joined Harvey Nash 6 years ago, straight after graduating. I have since been promoted three times and feel valued by the senior management. I love working here because this place is full of great people and the culture is awesome. This business invests into its people, listens to everyone and treats everybody fairly (no matter how junior or senior you are). Overall, wonderful place to work and I wouldn’t hesitate recommending Harvey Nash due to its amazing values.

Cons

None - that are serious enough to write on here.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top talent