Harvey Nash Group 85 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harvey Nash Group CEO Albert Ellis
Albert Ellis

Pros
Cons
  • Favouritism is rife, there is zero training, zero work life balance, highly juvenile culture and people are stressed through the roof (in 5 reviews)

• There are no cons in my estimation (in 6 reviews)

1. "Technical Recruiter - Perm Team"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

awesome culture in the Seattle office

Cons

none I can think of at the moment

2. "Employee"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I have no cons to speak of

3. "Harvey Nash Group Review"

Pros

Start up vibe, with the backing of a large/global company

Cons

Each market works very independently, which can be good, but also makes training difficult

5. "Incredible office culture, best commission structure, endless opportunities"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

This review is specifically for the Chicago market - In such a large market, there is an unlimited number of staffing firms to work for. All will promote themselves as having great commission structures, opportunities for growth, etc. but at the end of the day, the majority treat employees as nothing more than a foot in the door and a source of GP.

Harvey Nash is unique in that it functions as a boutique firm but has the backing of an international publicly traded company. The culture of this office is unbeatable - everybody supports each other and we come to work hard and play hard. The Sales Team develops meaningful relationships with clients and this drives business in a way that allows the Recruiters to work independently on numerous positions rather than competing against each other to fill one job order. The offshore sourcing team provides candidate resumes so that Recruiters can spend more time speaking to candidates than searching the job boards.

Management is directly involved in all aspects of the process; supporting the Sales and Recruitment Teams with client and candidate relationships and actively engaging in the professional development of all Harvey Nash employees. The Harvey Nash CEO is also very involved in all of the 7 U.S. offices, in the past few months, he has traveled to Chicago numerous times for conferences and always makes sure to take us to lunch or dinner in order to stay up to date on everything going on with the market and how he can help with clients, job orders, or any other support we may need. When you first start at Harvey Nash, you spend a week in New Jersey at the corporate offices, getting to know the executive team and receiving hands on training on best practices.

Aside from the culture and management, Harvey Nash's commission structure is the best there is. Everyone in this office has come from other recruitment firms and our jaws dropped when we learned how much money we're able to make. And after being here for a while, I can truly attest that it's not the empty promise that we're all so used to hearing, my starting commission is 10x what I was making in my last position. Not only is the commission incredible, but unlike companies that expect you to work until 8 or 9PM, work life balance is something that management values - work hard during the hours you're here, but make sure to have fun and relax after 5/5:30PM!

Overall, this is the best, most supportive team that I have ever worked with and I look forward to continuing my career at Harvey Nash in Chicago.

Cons

I have no cons. I've never felt more valued in a company than I do with Harvey Nash.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We appreciate you!

6. "Harvey Nash - Microsoft Vendor"

Pros

They took a straight $5 / hour cut, unlike other vendor companies that took up to $30 / hour. Very straight forward, and I would work with them again in a minute.

Cons

No benefits were provided with that rate - but I was paid enough to purchase my own.

7. "Incredible environment for hungry individuals"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group (More than a year)

Pros

Not often do you find a company with an environment like this one. While we are all in fairly early stages of our careers, it's obvious our company is setting us up for long term success. That doesn't mean the job is easy, because it's not. It means that if you are motivated to find value in whatever you're doing, you can find it here.

Recent management has done an amazing job of branding Harvey Nash in Seattle to fit well with the current tech climate. The recruiting industry is changing everyday and it's going to take more creative people to stay ahead of the curve. Of course there is risk in recruiting, maybe more so than in other sales positions given the volatility of the product (people), but that is not specific to Harvey Nash. If you want to keep developing your skills of resilience, persistence, and accountability, the structure of this company magnifies a solid work ethic.

Cons

Transparency is sometimes an issue, although personal goals and successes are still the highest priorities.

Advice to Management

Keep people in the loop as much as possible and keep them personally hungry. Other than that, keep killing it.

8. "Contracts offer few benefits"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA

Pros

My Harvey Nash account manager was very responsive to all of my questions.

Cons

Beyond reactively responding to my emails, my account manager did not reach out to me proactively. It would be nice to check in with consultants quarterly or so for their feedback and to see how it is going on their assignments. They also did not give the opportunity for an exit interview to provide feedback.

The health insurance provided by the company was sub-par and barely covered any prescription or doctor visit costs.

The company did not offer any PTO or holiday pay for my contract. They claim that this was due to the client not offering any, but from my understanding the client pays the consulting company a certain rate and with that money they consulting company is responsible for any benefits they wish to offer. I had visibility into how much the client paid Harvey Nash, and they were making a very hefty margin (the client paid them almost twice my salary) so they could have afforded to provide better benefits.

Advice to Management

Provide better benefits to your consultants and solicit their feedback proactively.

Harvey Nash Group Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid and valuable feedback. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class experience for our consultants and we work toward that every day at Harvey Nash. I ... More

9. "Poor Management, Lack of Talent, High Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Harvey Nash Group (More than a year)

Pros

Location, commission structure.. thats about it

Cons

Keep in mind that this is only for the Chicago market. Some of the other markets hire great talent and breed success..The turn over Harvey Nash faces in the Chicago market is horrible, so much so that the CEO has flown in a few times to do some damage control. The turn over is a direct reflection of poor management, lack of motivation and hunger. They are the type of staffing company that says yes to every requirement, regardless of if they have the capability to fill the role. The office is small and outdated. The commission structure has potential to be great but only if you have consistent, steady business and good relationships... both of which are not present here.

Advice to Management

Be present both physically and mentally. Offer advice and help. Drive business. Drive productivity.

Harvey Nash Group Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

I appreciate your candid and valuable feedback—thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We work on a daily basis to create an environment where our team can thrive and be successful. Please ... More

"Incredible Commission Plan"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The earning potential is off the charts
    - Countless resources
    - The CEO is very involved (I've met with him probably 8-9 times, and I was just a recruiter) and he legitimately cares

Cons

Staffing was not my end all, so ultimately it wasn't for me. If you are passionate about staffing and want to make ton of money well working with super fun professionals - Harvey Nash is the place.

11. "Terrific Company"

Pros

Provides a strong framework for support for their employees to be successful

Cons

There are no cons in my estimation