Harvey Nash Group Reviews

4.2
Harvey Nash Group CEO Bev White
Bev White
0 Rating
Pros
  • "transparent and rewarding permanent commission structure(in 17 reviews)

• "Collaborative, friendly environment, some great people, some less so, but that’s no different to anywhere else(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance - long working hours (but better than most competitors)(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no cons in my estimation(in 7 reviews)

1. "Lots of autonomy, room for growth, great people."

Current Employee - Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Harvey Nash is a great place to work. They're small enough to allow tons of autonomy and opportunity to try new things, while being large enough to have the support structure in place you need. They are willing to try new things and there a very low ego culture. In an industry that can be face paced and very sales driven, HN has always operated under a strong moral code, treated employees and clients well, and rewarded people for good work. It's a fun culture, good work life balance, and competitive pay.

Cons

Still a traditional sales job, so there is the aspect of hitting metrics and quotas. Although not NEARLY to the level other agencies do. The right metrics are analyzed. But it can still be fast paced and stressful!

2. "Expect boutique recruitment results"

Former Employee - Client in Seattle, WA

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- These guys know software engineering, back and front (literally) - Their approach on relationship building takes the stress off their clients. Recruiters are professionals, clearly carefully chosen for the job, and have excellent work ethic - They somehow maintain utmost transparency with their clients, in the midst of all the work they do

Cons

- Their recruiters are so good, expect to find them at the Facebooks and Googles of the world in a couple years

3. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

Tons of new business, easy to produce in this environment.

Cons

None at this time, HN has been very open to new ideas and change.

"WASTE OF TIME. THEY ARE LIARS!"

1.0

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

No pros here at all

Cons

Don’t take a gig with them if you have bills to pay. They lied about having worked with a certain company before, and said they had previous temps that were satisfied and happy with this company—they lied because they never had a temp work there before. The experience was therefore terrible. They are LIARS!

5. "Modified Revolving Door"

I worked at Harvey Nash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some smart and helpful people. Very good HR department. Global CEO sends you holiday cards.

Cons

Branch management is interested in (taking) your business and not your success. Instead of creating and following up on a strategy they politely request you work longer hours, then create new targets *and* obstacles (usually reports or unhelpful suggestions that you go after such-and-such that they have pulled out of thin air and not researched at all) and gladly relieve you of your hard-won successes on your way out the door. Any suggestions that management team up and introduce you to contacts that they have not pursued in years are met with blank stares or a "oh I just spoke with them last week and haven't put it in the CRM yet, so they're mine." Almost zero severance after multiple years of service. Bonus con: management forgets to deliver on gift card incentives and even fantasy football payouts.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly

I worked at Harvey Nash Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff, Lots of free snacks,

Cons

Long hours, a lot of pressure

7. "Truly excited to go to work every day"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers and our work is so inspiring. It’s so exciting to feel like you have a pulse on the tech industry in Seattle! What a unique opportunity to feel connected to your city! The perks are great - WFH, dogs (and bunnies?!) in the office daily, free food/snacks/drinks, flex schedules, 25% 401k match, etc. Our office is full of great, smart people. The leadership truly cares about you and pushes you to succeed and grow. Tons of growth opportunity. Great company to work for.

Cons

Health benefits could be better.

Continue reading
  8. "avreage gig with hirrbile benefits"

1.0

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group

Pros

nothing major to note here.

Cons

The health benefits are horrible.

9. "Best Agency out there"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coming from an agency prior to working here, this company was such a breath of fresh air. Such a lax work environment that allows you to become whatever you want to. Commission structure is amazing and they have a better base than any other agency. They also allows dogs in the office and a flex schedule with work from home once you meet certain numbers. I LOVE MY JOB - honestly look forward to work every day.

Cons

Highish turnover, but you'll get that at any Agency. Give it 2 years and you'll be able to work wherever you want.

10. "Project Manager"

4.0

I have been working at Harvey Nash Group full-time

Pros

Great Job, I love working with.

Cons

A lot of work but great job

Found 175 reviews