Hasbro Reviews | Glassdoor

Hasbro Reviews

Updated July 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Half day Fridays are great in the summer (in 54 reviews)

• Great work/life balance for the majority of the time (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Some departments are understaffed, so work/life balance is different depending on the department you work in (in 8 reviews)

• Hasbro loves to hire temporary staff so they don't pay out stocks or benefits, so it is really rare to get hired full-time (in 14 reviews)

"loosing everything that made it a great company"

Former Employee - Facilities Technician in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Facilities Technician in Pawtucket, RI

Pros

Hasbro is a large global toy company, they have excellent pay and benefits over all. The employees at Hasbro are an exciting mixture of creative,dedicated,and family oriented people.Working with an entire team of people dedicated to making children happy is rewarding and pleasurable every day. The compensation was above market for my particular position, and vacation/holiday package is 3 to 6 weeks, very generous.

Cons

Hasbro is falling into corporate america ideals. Cutting employees, outsourcing jobs, freezing annual cost of living increases, and cancelling all of the fringe benefits that used to be common place . Haunted house for all employees to bring in their children? company sponsored big wheel racing? These things and dozens more made the company part of every employees family. That created a commitment to company that cannot be measured. Watching it all being taken away piece by piece has destroyed the personal relationship That built a great company. I"ll have another job soon enough but nothing will compare to the unique experience Hasbro provided and a driven involved staff, is paramount to success. that bond has fallen to you becoming just a number...is going to inevitably this loss of bond is going to severely impair Hasbro's future in the industry.

Advice to Management

The founders of hasbro had a set of ideal that should be A business model for a growing progressive company. I would like this note to impart a goal . ideal that was years in the making.and should be maintained at all cost.

"Wonderful & Caring Senior Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

Pros

Executive management cares about people and the community, that comes before sharesholders. they always do the right thing for employees, the culture is warm and fuzzy

Cons

depending on your team, you could get stuck with a great manager or terrible. i was stuck with terrible management. people get blacklisted, very immature, clique like management team and this behavior was fostered.

Advice to Management

investigate how people are actually treated by some managers. it is quite unethical and against code of conduct.

3. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Manville, RI
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Manville, RI

I worked at Hasbro (More than 5 years)

Pros

A fun and great company. As a designer, Hasbro has enabled me to be innovative and passionate with my work.

Cons

At rare times, after devoting many hours leading a project, we would receive notice close to completion that it wont go any further.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on working closely with there employees.

"Don't Believe The Hype"

Former Employee - Designer in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Designer in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a sadistic megalomaniac, you will go far at this company, with the full support of management, human resources and legal.

Cons

You will be managed by people who are comically unqualified to manage personnel, especially if you are in a design role. Despite what its public face may lead you to believe, this is the most unprogressive, over-working, under-paying and demoralizing company I have ever worked for, in my 15 years working in corporate environments. If you are a recent college graduate and think that working here will be like working at Google or Amazon, you will be tragically disappointed.

Advice to Management

Sell your company to someone who didn't receive their management training from depression-era textbooks. You are totally blind to how your low-level managers treat their direct reports - it's shameful and embarrassing.

"Resting on legacy products, not much innovation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Half day Fridays, nice facilities and amendities including a small gym.
    Job stability. Bonuses are good.

Cons

Let me be very clear that I was a high performer and well respected so my feedback is not jaded.
    Most of the staff has been there for a long time (20 yrs+) and it is not great for new people (young or old) as there are groups already formed. People are very reluctant to change. This will be the demise of Hasbro as they are not moving forward with innovation. They are focused on re-branding legacy products and not new technology.
    The people that are high performers end up working more hours to make up for the dead weight.
    The pay is not comparable to the Boston market.
    The benefits used to be good but took a significant nose dive in 2015 as they changed health insurance companies. More out of pocket cost for medical care without a match in salary left many with subsquently a pay cut.
    If you want to go and sit in a cube for 10 yrs and not move forward in your career then this is the place for you. If you are a fire starter and innovator don't bother as you will become frustrated and leave.

Advice to Management

Instead of promoting employees with only longevity with the job you should focus on people have new fresh ideas that will help move the business forward.

6. "Love working at Hasbro!"

Current Employee - Director in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Director in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance for the majority of the time. 1/2 day Fridays are fantastic, and love the products we work with.

Cons

Occassional high pressure/high workload times, when there aren't enough people. The main office needs some updating, but I hear that is coming.

Advice to Management

Managers should focus more on leading and setting direction, and let their team have the scope to do their jobs and make decisions.

"Internship position - not offered a real working experience"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working hours, friendly colleagues.

Cons

Very little responsibility or challenge offered to interns. Was not invited to team meetings, worked alone most of the time and was sat away from team. Didn't learn a lot about the business as a result.

Advice to Management

Trust your interns with a real project and integrate them onto the team.

"Seasonal Employees Treated Horridly"

Former Employee - Seasonal Retail Merchandiser in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Seasonal Retail Merchandiser in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Hasbro (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is slightly more than competitors. Hasbro is a great company, with impeccable quality products. Loved merchandising toys and working with families and grandparents during their holiday shopping.

Cons

Supervisor constantly complaining to/with store dept mgrs about seasonal help,, past employees and present. My trainer literally stood over me yelling and SNATCHING items from my hand if I did not place them correctly or face the UPC side out. I was a trainer for another company that was purchased by a larger company.. This should not be happening. I gave notice and quit.

Advice to Management

Take note when seasonal workers are complaining year after year.. or if supervisors are complaining about seasonal workers year after year. It might not be the temp workers, it might be the supervisor/trainer.

9. "Overall positive"

Former Employee - Engineer Coop in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Engineer Coop in Pawtucket, RI

Pros

Half day Fridays, great teams/people, fun atmosphere, friendly management, fun work

Cons

There aren't enough people on teams so some people do multiple jobs and work outside of business hours. Seems hard for temporary people to get hired.

Advice to Management

Add more staff

"Production Assistant"

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Hasbro full-time

Pros

Fun environment, some nice people, learned a moderate amount

Cons

Shaky management, noticed. some backstabbing behavior all around, not a lot of room for growth