Hasbro Reviews | Glassdoor

Hasbro Reviews

Updated March 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Hasbro loves to hire temporary staff so they don't pay out stocks or benefits, so it is really rare to get hired full-time (in 14 reviews)

• Some departments are understaffed, so work/life balance is different depending on the department you work in (in 7 reviews)

"Designer"

Pros

Great talented People. Good Pay. Decent Benefits. Half Day Fridays. Great access to talented vendors.

Cons

Extreme Work Load. Late Nights. Weekends. Asked to work when sick. Bad Management - constant Negative comments. Excessive micro-managing. De-moralizing Work Environment. No Direction.

Advice to Management

Reach out and listen to the ground level employees. Create safe channel for people to speak candidly.

"account manager"

I worked at Hasbro full-time

Pros

Toys and more toys. benefits ok.

Cons

Good ole boys network. Old fashioned, old men.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote more women.

3. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Manville, RI
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Manville, RI

I worked at Hasbro (More than 5 years)

Pros

A fun and great company. As a designer, Hasbro has enabled me to be innovative and passionate with my work.

Cons

At rare times, after devoting many hours leading a project, we would receive notice close to completion that it wont go any further.

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on working closely with there employees.

"Don't Believe The Hype"

Former Employee - Designer in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Designer in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a sadistic megalomaniac, you will go far at this company, with the full support of management, human resources and legal.

Cons

You will be managed by people who are comically unqualified to manage personnel, especially if you are in a design role. Despite what its public face may lead you to believe, this is the most unprogressive, over-working, under-paying and demoralizing company I have ever worked for, in my 15 years working in corporate environments. If you are a recent college graduate and think that working here will be like working at Google or Amazon, you will be tragically disappointed.

Advice to Management

Sell your company to someone who didn't receive their management training from depression-era textbooks. You are totally blind to how your low-level managers treat their direct reports - it's shameful and embarrassing.

6. "Depends on the Dept"

I worked at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good co-workers, decent benefits, great place to get experience/build resume

Cons

Shrinking benefits, high turnover rate

"Designer"

I have been working at Hasbro full-time

Pros

The people are support and wonderful!

Cons

There are very many meetings...

8. "Staff"

Pros

Productive Company, Good People, Good Brands, able to grow and develop, continue to develop and grow as a company, on track to grow

Cons

reluctant to give promotions or raises if not during fiscal planning period, celebrates the csr impact but does not always provide the most value in csr activities (although the hospital and caring for kids programs are excellent)

Advice to Management

recognize and promote talent with appropriate raises, continue to invest in the people who work for the company

"Resting on legacy products, not much innovation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro (More than 3 years)

Pros

Half day Fridays, nice facilities and amendities including a small gym.
    Job stability. Bonuses are good.

Cons

Let me be very clear that I was a high performer and well respected so my feedback is not jaded.
    Most of the staff has been there for a long time (20 yrs+) and it is not great for new people (young or old) as there are groups already formed. People are very reluctant to change. This will be the demise of Hasbro as they are not moving forward with innovation. They are focused on re-branding legacy products and not new technology.
    The people that are high performers end up working more hours to make up for the dead weight.
    The pay is not comparable to the Boston market.
    The benefits used to be good but took a significant nose dive in 2015 as they changed health insurance companies. More out of pocket cost for medical care without a match in salary left many with subsquently a pay cut.
    If you want to go and sit in a cube for 10 yrs and not move forward in your career then this is the place for you. If you are a fire starter and innovator don't bother as you will become frustrated and leave.

Advice to Management

Instead of promoting employees with only longevity with the job you should focus on people have new fresh ideas that will help move the business forward.

10. "Love working at Hasbro!"

Current Employee - Director in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Director in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance for the majority of the time. 1/2 day Fridays are fantastic, and love the products we work with.

Cons

Occassional high pressure/high workload times, when there aren't enough people. The main office needs some updating, but I hear that is coming.

Advice to Management

Managers should focus more on leading and setting direction, and let their team have the scope to do their jobs and make decisions.

"Internship position - not offered a real working experience"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working hours, friendly colleagues.

Cons

Very little responsibility or challenge offered to interns. Was not invited to team meetings, worked alone most of the time and was sat away from team. Didn't learn a lot about the business as a result.

Advice to Management

Trust your interns with a real project and integrate them onto the team.