HashiCorp Reviews

3.8
HashiCorp CEO Dave McJannet
Dave McJannet
Pros
Cons
  • "Boys club, fraternity scene with heavy favoritism(in 4 reviews)

• "The company is growing so fast, the pace of work keeps you very busy(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to be!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and culture. Great products and future. Lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Remote first org. I miss seeing some of my co-workers.

HashiCorp2020-05-27

"Smart, focused, high growth company"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Collaborative atmosphere with co-workers who are happy to work together to help the company succeed. Key employees are recognized. Interesting problems with rapid product development and deployment.

Cons

Fast paced with high expectations for growth

HashiCorp2020-05-16

"Exciting time to be at HashiCorp"

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with smart, kind people Very productive, get stuff done environment Quality of products - bright future ahead

Cons

Change in processes, documentation in a growing company

HashiCorp2020-05-12
  4. "Exciting trajectory"

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time

Pros

HashiCorp values its people and provides an incredible environment for learning and growth. The remote culture works and has been iterated upon with thoughtful systems in place to meet coworkers & collaborate asynchronously. Core products are growing at a wild clip.

Cons

None that come to mind

HashiCorp2020-05-11
  5. "Good company but minorities are only in certain departments and not on a level playing field"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at HashiCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tech, smart people, fast moving

Cons

There is only diversity in a few departments. If you are not in one of those few departments than there is like 10% diversity. If you are a person of color expect a lower salary and lower stock grants than others with the same experience or even lower experience

HashiCorp2020-05-09

May 13, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. During the past 6 months we have put people and additional resources in motion to support a more diverse and inclusive work environment. We admit, we are at the beginning of our journey but we are committed to “walking the talk”. Foundational and systemic work has taken place over the last 6 months to ensure our practices are as fair and inclusive as possible, and we will continue to identify areas where subjectivity and potential unconscious bias could be at play. Are we as diverse as we want to be? Absolutely not. Are we making significant strides to increase the diversity of our candidate pool and create a consistent candidate experience? Yes we are!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time

Pros

Kind people, smart company, strategic company - there's a future for this company. Pay is decent and the founders are brilliant. This is a place where you can't just wing it. You have to put in the work and people will see it if you don't. I enjoy the people I work with. Some people haven't worked at larger traditional companies so I don't think they understand how great HashiCorp is in terms of letting you get your ideas out and having someone listen.

Cons

Benefits are a bit weak and perks are at a minimum.

HashiCorp2020-03-31

April 13, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We agree...our future is bright! We aim to hire the best and the brightest and build a culture of continuous learning. As for our benefits and perks, we evaluate these on an on-going basis and will continue to add to our offerings as we grow.

"Tech bros culture, insensitiveness"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company growing fast, products are good.. Good people in other departments. Remote culture is nice.

Cons

Serious sensitivity issues when it comes to race and gender. (1) At recent company event, new executive made a speech comparing certain employees to a traditionally marginalized ethnic group. Then made the employees wear headgear associated with the traditionally marginalized ethnic group on stage. Took pictures and laughed. Many people of color I talked to were upset by this. Learned from others that ethic group in question also happens to have a history of being exploited by caucasians. Any word from management apologizing for this incredible insensitivity? Nope. (2) Women in the sales organization are alienated. Very much a "boys club." Deals go to friends, not based on talent. Since more VPs are men, guess who the friends are. Change is promised often, no concrete steps.

HashiCorp2020-03-09

March 11, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We recognize and regret the hurt this may have caused and own our lack of sensitivity. Based on your comments, we took action and are committed to creating a more inclusive approach to meetings and presentations of this nature. We would like to encourage you to connect with us directly should you have any concerns. Feel free to email your People Business Partner, your manager or our head of Engagement, Inclusion and Diversity. You may also use our anonymous employee feedback form.

"Not a place for sales"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great market, technology, customers. Some of the best and most humble technical founders. Strong leadership team. Some reps are very strong.

Cons

Not a good place for sales. Culture of feast or famine with short terms solutions. Less than 35% made their number while the company is doubling. Clearly over hired as to manage costs and please the board. Not fun for ambitious reps. Little to no internal development. Only enablement is around product and sales tools. Boys club and inexperienced middle management that don’t care about their reports (only about managing up).

HashiCorp2020-02-20
  9. "This is the rocketship you want to be on!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing incredibly fast - so much opportunity for anyone who joins the company. It is a place where your individual contributions can make an impact. Incredibly kind, welcoming, respectful environment - employees and leadership team truly live and work by the HashiCorp Principles. Leadership team is very fiscally responsible; adding as many new folks as they are, it can be too much too quickly, but the team is probably being overly cautious (which is a good thing).

Cons

Nothing significant - typical pains of a super fast growing company.

HashiCorp2020-02-12

"A company that truly loves and breathes their values"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at HashiCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceptionally talented group of people who are not just masters of their craft... But awesome to be around. The transparency in this company is very open and it's taken a while to get used to.... It feels foreign at first but I can't imagine working at another place without this level of transparency.

Cons

Startup getting big quickly, and there are the normal growing pains that come with it. Good news is that they are very open to immediate change and incorporating improvements after collaboration with numerous stakeholders at every level.

HashiCorp2020-02-01