Hastings & Hastings Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2019

Found 10 reviews

4.5
David G. Hastings
  1. "Great company and work environment!"

Former Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Casa Grande, AZ

I worked at Hastings & Hastings part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hastings and Hastings is a very great company to work with. It is a great job to get better experience talking to clients and learning new things. Leaving the company was bittersweet. I loved this job and company!

Cons

None, everything was great for me

Advice to Management

Jenny, Keep doing what you do to keep the company running good. You are such a great HR manager!

Hastings & Hastings2019-04-25
  2. "Grateful for my time here"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than a year

Pros

If it is your first time working at a law firm or any office setting, this place is definitely a good start, at least for me it was. Working here made me realize that I loved working in an office environment.

Cons

It can fast paced and dynamic, but that is what makes it fun I guess

Advice to Management

Don’t stop caring about other employees. Jenny DeVault, the HR Manager, was very easy to work with and I liked that I can go to her for any concerns that I had.

Hastings & Hastings2019-01-27
  3. "A Career at Hastings & Hastings, P.C."

Current Employee - Managing Paralegal in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hastings & Hastings, P.C., offers stimulating work and a great team environment. I had the pleasure to work alongside the HR Director/Business Manager, Jennifer DeVault. She taught me how to be an effective manager and leader. She is the greatest counterpart one could ask for because she truly makes and effort to listen to all employees to strive for an enjoyable work environment for all.

Cons

This is a career, not just a job. You will be most successful if you are ready to apply yourself and work hard!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to create an annual employee survey to keep the communication flowing. In my time working at Hastings & Hastings, P.C., management has always been open to hearing my suggestions on how we could improve. I think by actively/consistently reaching out to employees, you open the door for even greater growth.

Hastings & Hastings2018-11-21
  4. "Professional, stable, friendly place to work"

Former Employee - Paralega in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Attorney's are very knowledgeable and very approachable. They will answer legal questions you may have with detailed explanations. Jennifer Devault, HR Manager is an outstanding person to have as HR. Jennifer works hard to make this place an awesome place to work. Co-workers are experienced and are willing to share their knowledge.

Cons

Heavy workload but manageable. If you are willing to work hard and learn daily, this works for you.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. This law firm has been around for so long, you must be doing something right!

Hastings & Hastings2018-10-15
  5. "Great company with growth opportunities"

I have been working at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Approachable management and staff. Continuous training. Friendly environment. Employer has been accommodating when family emergencies have come up.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue training staff and providing growth opportunities.

Hastings & Hastings2018-06-06
  6. "Great Family Oriented Place"

I have been working at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work. Very family oriented. Good Benefits and coworkers are nice.

Cons

see our own commercials and billboards everywhere, haha

Hastings & Hastings2018-02-28
  7. "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved working for this company and my co-workers. I was always busy. It is very refreshing to have had worked for a boss and company that cared so much about me as an individual.

Cons

I have no complaints about this company.

Hastings & Hastings2015-07-09
  8. "Great Opportunity and Work Environment"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Knowledgeable and approachable attorneys make for an excellent learning environment in a high volume, fast paced law office. Jenny, HR/Business Manager quickly resolves employee issues and truly advocates for all employees.

Cons

Multiple offices throughout the valley make it difficult to build coworker relationships.

Advice to Management

Provide employee seminars and training programs to encourage and cultivate relationships and professional development.

Hastings & Hastings2019-01-21
    • "Leaving Is Bittersweet"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Hastings & Hastings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started at H&H part-time as a file clerk with no previous paralegal experience. I wound up taking a paralegal position within a short period of time as the senior paralegal left on maternity leave. I was thrown into 300+ cases and had no clue what I was even doing. However, the attorney worked with me and helped make me an amazing paralegal. Paralegals in other offices answered questions and the paralegal on maternity...

Cons

No place is perfect and H&H is not without issues, but they are always trying to improve and keep up with the changing atmosphere of employment dynamics.

Hastings & Hastings2018-10-16
    • "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hastings & Hastings for less than a year

Pros

Everyone keeps to themselves in this office.

Cons

High turnover rates, no formal training, low salary, incompetent lawyers, makeshift office setting, hardly any support from supervising attorney, Attorneys gossip about current and previous employees. Very unprofessional!

Advice to Management

Company needs to pay employees what they deserve per their experience and education. Attorneys need to be respectful of employees. Train your employees!!!! I cannot stress this enough. 6 paralegals had been through the Phoenix office in a matter of months due to a very difficult attorney and the culture in the office. The clients deserve better than that, but to Hastings and Hastings everyone is replaceable. There...

Hastings & Hastings2016-08-26