Havas Edge Reviews | Glassdoor

Havas Edge Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2019

Found 65 reviews

3.8
Havas Edge CEO Steve Netzley (no image)
Steve Netzley
  1. "Overall good ad agency with friendly & hardworking people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Great teamwork, flexible with time off, managers are easy to talk to, everyone is pretty respectful and kind to each other.

Cons

Poor Holiday schedule (should invoke summer Friday's!), long hours, low pay.. but it's the name of the game in advertising.

Advice to Management

Verbal praise goes along way and makes employees feel valuable. Keep striving to incorporate a fun work culture. That will make the long hours and low pay feel not as awful.

Havas Edge2017-11-29
  2. "Edge"

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

laid back office space and dress code is not too formal. Good people to work with. Chance to learn A LOT about the industry

Cons

Low AVERAGE pay. If you don't mind getting paid the base minimum for over 2 years without a raise then this is a good fit. some departments are full of cliques and there is a disconnect with upper management and the rest of the company. The enthusiasm to fix this only comes around during the company party or summer event but fades away and everyone goes back to the same way of doing things.

Advice to Management

pay the people who are good at what they do what they deserve and maybe this will help retain your employees. A lot of people are not satisfied with the pay here including some of the hardest working people I've ever met. Make more job openings available within different departments.

Havas Edge2017-09-29
  3. "Awesome Company and Culture - Pay Lacking Though"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and people that work here are AMAZING! Super awesome to be around, I look forward to coming into "work" with these people. The teams are all tight and smooth, and generally all around good people. The CEO is amazing, CFO an ex footballer from Michigan, and all three (CFO, CEO, COO) treat you with class and dignity. Stocked break-room tops it off!

Cons

The pay is way under the industry standard for my position. If it wasnt for the pay, I would probably want to stay forever... but the pay keeps it low enough to question the commute. Sad. I want to stay here forever, however, landlord keeps calling for his rent money..

Advice to Management

Instead of paying below the market average for good employees who leave - pay them the average or better and keep them! Super high turn-over due to low pay, which is sad because this is a cool place to work!

Havas Edge2017-09-05

"A great place to grow if you are willing to put in the effort."

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Havas Edge is a fast-paced company that continues to grow every year I have been here. This growth makes for plenty of opportunities to grow with the company if you are willing to work hard and smart. It seems to me that the people that succeed the most at Havas Edge are the ones that take real pride in their work and take the initiative to improve the business around them. I really enjoy the diversity of the... agency’s clients as well as the business problems that we are challenged to overcome. We are often creating solutions for cutting edge problems that our clients face and this sort or pioneering can feel frustrating while at the same time very rewarding. The culture is very friendly, inclusive and competitive. The long form media group hosts weekly team trivia on Fridays which always attracts a lively crowd. The sales department brings donuts in for the company every Friday. The company regularly has cookoffs where a panel of judges pick a winner (there were like two dozen entries in the chili cookoff a few months ago!) I even remember a crowd gathered outside to watch two employees race each other in the parking lot.

Cons

Havas Edge is not a fit for everyone. The management is made of a group of people that work very hard too (they are in the trenches) and every manager is actively involved in managing campaigns. I have found this active involvement often generates very honest feedback and sometimes that means receiving hard truths... If you are willing to truly reflect and pivot how you are performing, this environment will fast... track your growth. For those uncomfortable with candid feedback this could be demotivating.

Advice to Management

There is opportunity to improve team building between the different offices across the country. Generally, most interoffice communication is limited to the highest-level managers but some of the more junior level employees would benefit from more exposure to leaders in other offices. Edge should celebrate more. The entire organization regularly rallies around a big project where every department takes a part in... the solution but instead of celebrating the achievement, we simply move on to the next big project. Where is the confetti?

Havas Edge2017-08-09

"I love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Friendly and helpful coworkers Fast-paced and fun work environment Promotes from within Lots of company events and parties Interesting line of work with measurably ways to improve and succeed

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

It is rare to work at a company where the executives and senior employees treat you as an equal from day one. Thank you for being there for every employee and creating an environment that rewards hard work.

Havas Edge2017-08-01
  6. "Great Agency to Start In"

I worked at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Great people and the location is fantastic. Very bright minds and wonderful client projects.

Cons

- High turnover and excessive use of freelancers makes moving projects forward very difficult. - turn around times are always last minute

Advice to Management

Really look at your employees and see how they are getting affected by poor project and account management.

Havas Edge2017-08-08

"Probably good if you get on the right team"

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Most of the teams seem to have decent culture and seem to be full of positive people. Good work/life balance. Most people are friendly. Takes a lot to get fired.

Cons

Some teams are kept isolated and are managed with little oversight by lazy short-tempered micromanaging bullies. Employees start with only 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick a year (plus limited holidays). Some(all?) teams only give out raises once a decade. Limited opportunity for advancement. Takes a lot for toxic employees to get fired.

Advice to Management

Increase collaboration between all teams. Have more company events and get people involved. Senior management should be proactive about talking to people to address issues before they start looking for another job. Motivate people with the chance of getting a raise or even by firing/demoting deserving employees/managers every once and a while.

Havas Edge2017-08-02

"Work Hard Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at the company for a little over 5 years now and I can't imagine being anywhere else. This company provides an opportunity to really change your life if you're willing to put in the work. Success here is determined by what you put into it and you are rewarded for what you contribute rather than simply how long you have been here. I have worked for companies where you put everything into your job just for... the company to hire someone in the open position above you and there is nothing more defeating. That is not true for this place. I started in an entry level position and have worked my way up to the executive level. This place has literally changed my life and allowed me to achieve goals I set for myself years ago. Aside from the opportunity, the employees here are a family. I would do anything for them and I know they feel the same. This is a fast paced work environment, but everyone has each others back and no one will let another team member fail. Everyone here is putting the work in and the team attitude is what makes us so successful. Havas Edge is the leader in the direct response industry, and the people here are the reason why. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a hard working, successful team that leads the industry and can change your life, there is no better place. You make a series of one day decisions to come to work everyday, and that decision is very easy when you love what you do and the people you do it with.

Cons

The Pros of working here outweigh any Cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Good teams are reflections of their leaders.

Havas Edge2017-07-10

"Work here only if you have no other options"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some decent people. You get a paycheck.

Cons

High employee turnover, poor communication, hardly anyone shares what they know, favoritism and politics are everywhere, peers and managers don't hesitate to throw you under the bus, some managers stick up for their people no matter how wrong they are while other managers won't stick up for their people no matter how right they are, no management accountability, low employee morale, cheap office furniture and... equipment, company culture is more middle school than professional. Most people are only out for themselves. More than a few of them are really bad apples, but for most it's just a way to survive. It's a toxic environment. The lack of scruples is shocking. I had never before met people with no integrity at all who will do or say anything and never take responsibility. The executive team is so out of touch with the company. Btw, do most of the positive reviews look just like each other?

Advice to Management

Would anything get through to them?

Havas Edge2017-07-28
  10. "Micro-managing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Havas Edge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, decent equipment, nice coworkers

Cons

You can't even write an email without CCing your boss, then getting a phone call about how you made poor word choices, when in reality, she just can't let anything out of her control. Do not come here!

Havas Edge2017-07-13