Havas Edge Reviews | Glassdoor

Havas Edge Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 66 reviews

3.8
Havas Edge CEO Steve Netzley (no image)
Steve Netzley
  1. "Art Director"

Current Employee - Art Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great creative team and relationship with other agencies

Cons

Long process to promotion and/or raises

Havas Edge2016-02-28
  2. "First job, last job"

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Love working for this company. They do not micro manage you and I truly believe that the opportunity to advance is here as long as you work hard and have a good attitude.

Cons

Could use more face to face time with upper management as well as feedback and constructive criticism more than once a year.

Havas Edge2016-02-03

"Havas Edge"

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic and successful company, well respected in the industry.

Cons

The comp for non-buyer positions could be a bit more competitive.

Havas Edge2016-01-05

"Great Experience"

I worked at Havas Edge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned more here then at any other stop in my career. Left when I was heavily recruited by a Fortune 50 brand. Got to learn how to use immediate ROI marketing models and self funding media to disrupt entire categories. Opportunity to work at the intersection of online and offline business.Great accounts, high profile clients and campaigns. When I look at what companies like Uber, Vista Print, Dollar Shave... Club, Draft Kings, are doing to change their categories, and turn themselves into billion dollar businesses, I see the trend of online and offline converging. That'e the space that Havas Edge works in. Steve Netzley and the senior management have a strong vision for where Ecom and Direct Response is going, and they're trying to get there first.

Cons

Not unusual to have long hours, typical agency politics. Very competitive environment for advancement. You have to constantly keep up.

Advice to Management

Could improve employee education, especially across discipline. Break down more of the silo walls between departments, so as technologies merge, you feel like they're ahead of the change.

Havas Edge2015-12-10
  5. "Best Job I've had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Fun, fast paced environment. The company truly believes in promoting from within, and management really does seem to value and care about their employees. It has a family feel once you've been there for a while. You learn about the business in a very short period of time.

Cons

Starting pay is low and since it's such a close group, it can take some time to feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Consider increasing starting salaries, and try to organize more events for employees that include all different departments.

Havas Edge2015-12-10
  6. "BI Analyst"

I worked at Havas Edge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relax and Friendly Environment. Really fun working with everyone there.

Cons

There are no chances for a move up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and take care of your employee.

Havas Edge2015-11-11
  7. "Long Form"

I have been working at Havas Edge for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, management believes in your success

Cons

Beginning pay is not very good, but if you work hard you'll move up

Havas Edge2015-09-09

"Look elsewhere, trust me"

in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge

Pros

Casual dress code, donuts on fridays

Cons

This company offers no growth opportunity and people only get promoted due to favoritism rather than quality. A lot of the time open positions are kept very quiet and filled without a fair opportunity. The VPs do not care to talk to the "little people" so they don't do anything about how badly management is run. There is no structure, you get very low pay but have to work long hours with no recognition so in turn... there is a lot of turnover and a lot of unhappy employees. The morale is very low, this company does nothing to keep their workers happy. Only 2 company sponsored events max. You want a company with perks and a fun environment? Keep looking. Unless you're a higher up the only perk you will get is donuts Friday mornings that the business development department pays for out of pocket.

Advice to Management

If this is really a billion dollar business then start INVESTING IN YOUR EMPLOYEES! Take some notes from other successful companies who don't feel like success is just measured by racking up billions of dollars so the higher ups can buy expensive cars but measured by actually creating a positive and fun work environment where that money is put back into the people who do all the work for you and can't even afford to... buy McDonald's because of the heinous pay. Do something to heighten morale, put in place some sort of structure where people can actually grow, give equal opportunity to everyone when new positions are open, listen to your workers and act like you at least care otherwise you're going to keep having a high turnover and no motivated employees. Does the CEO even know how badly his company is run by the management? I don't think so and it obviously doesn't seem like he cares either because at the end of the day he still gets his billion dollar paycheck and that's all that matters.

Havas Edge2015-08-15

"Meh, it's OK"

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time

Pros

Relatively quiet depending on your role here. Has a small start up vibe, but part of a much greater whole. Hollywood location is right on Hollywood Blvd (this is both a pro and con). The people are just OK.

Cons

Something feels 'off' about this place, like some people probably know what is 'off' and just have not told me yet-- that weird feeling you get just before or after a massive layoff. It can feel a bit cliquish here, but I suppose that happens anywhere. Not a overly social place, the people are kinda dull but think they are fun. The pay is on the low end of the spectrum, but they think it's good (it's not).... Unnecessarily large organization.

Advice to Management

Clarify the roles & responsibilities, pay better, and onboard new employees so they have an understanding of the business, (HR is great about this). I feel invisible and could not ever see myself moving up or around this company, I would imagine most people feel the same way.

Havas Edge2015-07-06

"Jumping into the deep end!"

Current Employee - Media Assistant in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Havas Edge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, energetic, fast passed environment with really cool people that genuinely care about one another and want to see each other succeed.

Cons

Expectations are high from both your managers and your co-workers, you're held accountable, and the pace is unreal. Not sure these are cons, because days fly by and your constantly learning, but this is the hardest job I've ever had and the most demanding.... but I've never had more fun!

Advice to Management

Don't forget to acknowledge the great work being done by those doing it

Havas Edge2015-06-04