Havas Media "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Havas Media Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.4
Havas Media CEO Peter Mears
Peter Mears
Cons

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work and Learn"

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Havas Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, excellent learning environment, great agency experience

Cons

Many young people work here, which is great for young people but may be a con for older people.

Havas Media2019-09-20

"Toxic"

I worked at Havas Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

many events allowing to mingle and network with the people from other departments. Snacks. Opportunity to meet and work with some smart and great people on the media side.

Cons

Outdated systems. Lack of proper training and directions. Work – life balance is a myth at this agency as the hours are crazy and you’re always connected. While some supervisors are great, mine thought it was absolutely okay to be rude and extremely condescending towards me, to a point that other people noticed as well as behaving in the similar manner towards people in other areas/disciplines. In no other... company I have been at, this was every happening.

Havas Media2019-03-13
  3. "Fun office, great place to learn!"

Former Employee - Assistant Media Planner in Chicago, IL

I worked at Havas Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment, lots of in office perks ( food, snacks, fun town halls), awesome work events, and great people!

Cons

Hard to find room for growth right away, not the best work life balance.

Havas Media2018-08-28
  4. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Havas Media

Pros

Great people, great company to work for

Cons

Poor communication between teams often

Advice to Management

Create more communication between teams

Havas Media2018-08-10

"Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Havas Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, great office space and location in Boston, great benefits/paid time off

Cons

Changes in leadership often led to inconsistencies in priorities. The number of different business units within the company, and the ultimate global leadership, can make things confusing and frustrating, especially for experienced media professionals who have worked at other shops

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open, make sure everyone understands and is fully on board with company priorities, from office leadership down to assistant levels

Havas Media2018-02-05

"Could be great but isn't"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable

I worked at Havas Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great agency perks (days off, free snacks, weekly happy hour)

Cons

Upper management makes major changes without consulting those actually doing the work. No clear career path for those working on client finance side.

Havas Media2017-09-12

"Chicago "village" is at a precipice for media"

Former Employee - Performance Media Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Havas Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great office, really smart people, laid back culture. You will meet great people and your team will become the reason why you stay.

Cons

Teams are spread extremely thin. Client roster is lacking. No vision for what media will become at the agency. Leadership at the C level is not very available, and is lacking in initiative. Perks are nice, but what truly matters is compelling, challenging work and recognition of it.

Advice to Management

Truly define how media will be a part of the agency. Look up what "scope" means. Try harder and pay attention to your employees.

Havas Media2016-10-18

"Senior Management Needs Immediate Re-Haul"

in New York, NY

I worked at Havas Media

Pros

I was here when the company was MPG. It was such a fun environment. I've met the most amazing people being here. We are still friends to this day. The great people you meet are the only thing holding you from jumping into incoming traffic.

Cons

Very disorganized and 0 transparency at it's best. Millions of promises 0 follow through. Overworked, underpaid and 0 consideration for life situations. Its either Havas, or Havas. Senior Management definitely needs a re-haul. Same people rotating their roles does not equate to efficiency. Key Rule: If you want to get promoted simply demonstrate you are most irresponsible and incompetent human you can... possibly be. You'll be guaranteed a VP title in just 2 years.

Advice to Management

Promoting your friends only to make the company look foolish shows a lack of judgment. All of management needs to be replaced from top to bottom.

Havas Media2016-10-19

"Good Starting Oppportunity - Management needs improvement"

Assistant Media Buyer/Planner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Havas Media for more than a year

Pros

- Have the chance to help a company grow in it's beginning phases - Small team so you have the chance to wear many hats - Agency life can be interesting and creative - There are some great people on the team

Cons

- Some catty and rude management - Conceding to unrealistic client expectations and failing to manage these expectations sets the team up for failure - Training is rushed and not as comprehensive as it could be - Entry level pay is low

Advice to Management

Be on your team's side. Don't blame them for situations that lack of proper training put them in. Manage client expectations better. By not managing these properly it negatively effects the quality of work the team puts out and in short sets us up to fail when work is delivered to the clients.

Havas Media2015-09-03

"Not what it was when I was hired"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Havas Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people in my department. Love my team; we enjoy each other, as we should since we spend so much time together. The amount of vacation/time off is generous, and there is flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Recognition and promotions are based on favoritism more than skill, and there are mixed messages about finances (e.g. Limited amounts for comp but spend large amounts for company events)

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by fear and be more communicative/transparent with those that need the information to do their jobs well.

Havas Media2015-07-09