Havasu Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Patterson

1. "Biller/Collector"

Former Employee - Collector/Biller in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Former Employee - Collector/Biller in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center (More than a year)

Pros

Great office atmosphere. The benefits were good.

Cons

I was only there per diem

2. "Worst hospital to work at"

Current Intern - Radiology in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Current Intern - Radiology in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent for my field.

Cons

Director never available. Very dirty. Staff is rude. Staff constantly fights and no one to supervise. Staff can wear what they want. HIPPA violations!!!!!! Directors of departments are not knowledgeable in that department. Company has a new CEO if not every yr then every other yr. The supervisors become scape goats for incompetent directors. Go some where else. Don't get stuck in that HavaHell desert.

Advice to Management

Hire credentialed directors. Not directors who once oversaw a department but really had fully trained manager. Make sure directors are held accountable and for goodness sake clean the damn hospital. Oh yeah and get that new Oncologist out of there he is worthless.

"Pay isn't adequate for the Demands placed on the Registered Nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job Security- No one else wants to work here. (3rd floor Telemetry). High nurse turn over. New nurses quit when they have enough experience that other hospitals will hire them.

Cons

A nurse continues to maintain high nurse/patient ratios even though the acuity is high. Nurses often feel overwhelmed because they can't provide quality care to all their assigned patients. Pay is not high enough to retain experienced nurses. I quit because as a more experienced nurse I was getting more of the higher acuity patients and I had to help the less experienced nurses as well. I now leave my home in Havasu and travel to California ( the higher pay compensates for rent). I also have lower nurse/patient ratios working for a hospital that cares for it's staff. This summer we got 75 to 150 dollar walmart gift cards just as a thank you and for Christmas I got $350 walmart gift card. At Havasu I was lucky to get a cheap 10 dollar turkey (if profits were high) and Often we got substandard raises because it's a for profit hospital and the share holders and CEOS come first. Now most of the experienced nurses quit... I hear the new ones can't start IV's. I hope the ER starts my Iv if I get sick (all the good nurses are down there).

Advice to Management

Start to listen to your nurses! If you want higher quality nurses... you have to pay for us and treat us right... Remember our experience also tells us that we don't have to put up with lack of appreciation, higher acuity levels, higher nurse/patient ratios all for less pay. You get what you pay for!

5. "Never again"

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits were fair. At one point coworkers were fine. Aii that changed..

Cons

Total discontentment within unit. Immediate supervisor was terrible. 5 people in 8 months left. Patient satisfaction of hospital is below 50%.

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep good staff. When things are confided to you don't ever turn it back against employee. Keep adequate staffing levels. Keep in better tune with your staff. It will head off any problems before the become full blown.

"Overworked"

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Hire you under false pretense, and stick you where ever they decide to. Cna's have too large of teams, there is no team work to manage these patients safely.

Advice to Management

Hire more core staff, and up your staffing matrix to make SAFE patient care possible. Teach the nurses to work at a team. We are all there for them, rather it be admitting, housekeeping, cna, or nurse.

7. "CNA"

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center part-time

Pros

great team work when it comes to RN to RN or RN to CNA, good atmosphere with coworkers, cafeteria food is decent and very affordable

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care about their employees, manager of the unit only enforces 5:1 for RN patient ratio when it is convenient. otherwise 6:1.
    CNA gets as many as 15 patients. They do everything they can to avoid calling someone in to help out. No free charge RN or "team lead"

Advice to Management

ENFORCE THE PATIENT RATIO AT ALL TIMES NO MATTER WHAT!!! Also, establish a lower patient ratio for CNA, 15:1 is just not safe. Listen to your employees when there are concerns and please at least pretend like you are addressing your employees' concerns.

8. "admitting"

I worked at Havasu Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

benefits, location, hours, pay, able to work in diff departments

Cons

poor management, not there for there employees,

9. "Nurse Extern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center as an intern

Pros

Main employer in this city.

Cons

Telemetry RN to patient ratio is 6:1.

10. "Great, caring staff members!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Havasu Regional Medical Center as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

wonderful coworkers, easy going environment, great location, actually get to eat lunch most days, mostly pleasant patients, small regional hospital environment

Cons

computer charting is cumbersome; management really caters to physicians sometimes with little to no regard as to how it will effect nursing staff

Advice to Management

Consider how decisions effect nursing staff and ancillary staff and do not kowtow to physician just because they are physicians.